This honey butter chicken biscuit recipe is made with delicious fluffy buttermilk biscuits with fried, crispy, chicken tenders, seasoned perfectly, and topped with honey butter. A delicious chicken and biscuit recipe that has the perfect amount of sweetness and crunch in every bite.
Chicken and biscuits are one of the most delicious combinations I can think of. When I’m out early in the morning, I’ll frequently stop at our local fast food joint to grab a chicken and biscuit sandwich for breakfast. And while those are good, there’s nothing like a homemade version to really show you what chicken and biscuits are supposed to taste like. I make this recipe with fried chicken and honey butter biscuits for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I also love to eat the leftovers the next day for an afternoon snack – assuming there are any leftovers, that is. They’re just so delicious and a lot easier to make than you’d think. These are a particularly great treat on the weekend when you want to serve something extra special.
Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit
This delicious recipe features perfectly fried chicken breast strips that are golden brown and crispy on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside. Then I top them with honey butter sauce and place them between two halves of delicious homemade buttermilk biscuits. The flavor is phenomenal, and it’s a fairly easy recipe, especially if you go the semi-homemade route and use store-bought biscuits. I do that from time to time.
Why You’ll Love These Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits
- The Whataburger Honey Butter sauce is perfect with the crispy fried chicken.
- They’re absolutely delicious.
- The chicken is crispy, tender, juicy, and perfectly seasoned.
- They make a great appetizer, lunch, or dinner that everyone loves.
- You can have chicken and biscuits any time you want!
Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit Tips and Variations
I have some tips here that will help you make the best chicken and biscuits you possibly can. I also have some variations that you can use to change things up if you like.
- Pat the chicken dry to allow the batter to stick to it more readily.
- Give the chicken a little tap to get any excess coating off.
- Don’t crowd the pan when you fry the chicken. If you do, the oil will cool down too much and the chicken won’t cook correctly.
- Add red pepper flakes to the coating mixture for a little spice and a kick of heat.
- Use refrigerated biscuit dough to make a faster version of this recipe.
- Add hot sauce to the buttermilk mixture to make a spicy honey butter chicken biscuit.
What to Serve with Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits
Chicken and biscuits are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and as such, you can pair lots of different things with them.
- French fries
- Mashed potatoes
- Hash browns
- Potato wedges
Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about chicken and biscuits.
What is a chicken biscuit?
A chicken biscuit is simply a piece of crispy chicken sandwiched between two halves of a biscuit.
Who invented the chicken biscuit?
Chicken biscuits were first introduced in 1985 by Chick-Fil-A.
What’s on a honey butter chicken biscuit?
These biscuits have fried chicken strips topped with Whataburger honey butter sauce or homemade honey butter.
What kind of chicken should I use for chicken and biscuits?
Chicken breast is the best for this recipe. It’s tender and juicy, and the mild flavor is perfect with the biscuits.
How do you make honey butter?
If you can’t find Whataburger honey butter sauce, simply mix equal parts honey and butter to make your own honey butter.
What fast food has honey butter chicken biscuits?
Whataburger carries this variety of chicken and biscuits.
How to Store and Reheat Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits
Store your leftover chicken and biscuits in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 3 days.
To reheat these, wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them for about a minute. If they aren’t hot, continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until hot.
Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit Ingredients
There’s nothing fancy to this recipe. It uses simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Large eggs
- All-purpose flour
- Tempura batter mix
- Garlic & herb bread crumbs
- Garlic salt
- Slap Ya Mama
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Vegetable oil
- Buttermilk biscuits
- Whataburger Honey Butter Sauce
How to Make Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits
It only takes a few simple steps to make these delicious chicken and biscuits.
Step 1: Make the Biscuits
Make the biscuits according to the package directions or use this homemade buttermilk biscuits recipe.
Step 2: Set up the Dredging Station
Whisk eggs and buttermilk together in a medium sized mixing bowl. In another medium bowl, stir to combine the flour, bread crumbs, and seasonings.
Step 3: Fry the Chicken
Heat the oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Then, dip the chicken strips into the egg mixture and then immediately into the flour mixture. Next, drop the battered chicken into the hot oil and fry for 4 to 5 minutes on both sides until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. With a pair of tongs, remove cooked chicken and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
Step 4: Assemble the Chicken Biscuits
Place a piece of fried chicken on the bottom half of a biscuit, then top it with honey butter and place the top piece of biscuit on top.
Try This Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits Recipe Today
These delicious honey butter chicken biscuits are incredibly delicious and easier to make than you’d think. They’re the perfect special treat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, particularly on a weekend when you want something extra tasty to end the week. Give this one a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making it again and again. It’s so good, you won’t be able to say no!
Here are A Few More Biscuit Recipes To Try
Biscuits and Gravy – A completely made from scratch biscuit and gravy recipe that is the perfect breakfast to whip up on Saturday mornings.
Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits – A hearty and flavorful casserole recipe that is loaded with biscuits, sausage, eggs, and lots of cheese.
Breakfast Biscuit Casserole – An egg, cheese, and sausage breakfast recipe that is topped with biscuits and baked until golden brown.
Also, try this Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. It’s made with homemade English muffins, a perfectly cooked egg, a hand pressed sausage patty, and a slice of cheese.
Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup tempura batter mix
- ½ cup garlic & herb bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- 12 biscuits
- Whataburger Honey Butter Sauce
- Bake biscuits according to directions on package.
- Set up dredging stations.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk.
- In another medium bowl, mix together flour, bread crumbs, and seasonings.
- Heat oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip chicken strips into egg mixture and then immediately into dry mixture.
- Drop coated strips into the hot oil and fry for 4-5 minutes on both sides until golden brown and internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Assemble biscuits with a piece of fried chicken & drizzle with honey butter.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.