This homemade blackberry lemonade is a refreshing summertime drink that is thirst-quenching and delicious. Made with fresh blackberries and freshly squeezed lemons, this is definitely a must-make on a hot summer day.
If you know anything about Texas, you know that it gets hot in the summer. I’m talking brutally, oppressively hot. Sometimes, the heat is so bad that you can’t even leave your house. On a hot, Texas summer day, there’s nothing I love to serve more than lemonade. That’s especially true when that lemonade has an extra shot of fruity flavor in it. That’s why I love this blackberry lemonade because it is full of sweet and tangy flavors, and it makes a super refreshing drink when the weather outside is so hot it takes your breath away. No matter where you live, this lemonade will keep you cool and refreshed, as well.
This easy, refreshing lemonade starts with freshly-squeezed lemons. Then, I add a full 2 cups of fresh blackberries for a kick of berry-licious flavor and more sweetness. Finally, it’s all mixed with ice-cold water and sugar and served in a pitcher full of ice to create a refreshing lemonade variation that has everyone coming back for more. Serve it at barbecues, pool parties, and other gatherings, or simply pour up a big glass while you sit on the porch and watch the sun set. It’s always a great time for this refreshing lemonade!
Why You’ll Love This Blackberry Lemonade Recipe
- It’s made with fresh blackberries and freshly squeezed lemons.
- It only takes 4 ingredients to make.
- It’s a refreshing, thirst-quenching drink that’s a family favorite during the summer months.
Blackberry Lemonade Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Large lemons – squeeze out the juice
- Fresh blackberries
- Pitcher with filled with ice
How to Make Blackberry Lemonade
Making this lemonade is so easy. Anyone can do it. It only takes a few minutes, and you’re all done!
Step 1: Juice the Lemons
Juice the lemons and set the juice aside.
Step 2: Blend the Berries
Add the blackberries, sugar, and water to a blender or Vitamix and blend well.
Step 3: Make the Lemonade
Add the lemon juice to the blackberry mix and stir. Then, pour through a strainer into a pitcher of ice. Serve with lemon slice and fresh blackberries.
- Roll each lemon with firm pressure for about 30 seconds before juicing to help release all of its juices.
- You can microwave the lemons for about 30 seconds to make them easier to juice.
- Be sure to wash and sort your blackberries thoroughly to remove any that might have mold on them.
- Be sure your strainer has a fine enough mesh to capture all seeds.
- Use blueberries, raspberries or strawberries for this recipe. They’ll all work.
- For something a little different, try using melon in place of berries.
- Mango is a delicious substitution for the fresh berries, as well.
- Place your lemonade in the freezer until it begins to freeze a bit to make slushies.
- Add vodka, rum, or gin to create a cocktail.
- Instead of sugar, you can use simple syrup or your favorite kind of sweetener.
What to Serve with Blackberry Lemonade
This homemade lemonade is a classic summertime beverage, and as such, it goes perfectly well with all your favorite summer foods. Serve it at any backyard barbecue or party. It’s perfect with:
- Grilled chicken
- Your favorite summer foods including sides
How long is homemade blackberry lemonade good for?
You can store this lemonade in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
Can I use frozen blackberries instead of fresh?
You sure can. Simply add them in equal quantities to your blender and blend as you would fresh blackberries.
What alcohol mixes best with lemonade?
The most popular alcohols to mix with lemonade are bourbon, rum, and vodka.
Can I freeze blackberry lemonade?
Absolutely. Freeze it in an airtight container with at least ½-inch of headspace for expansion as it freezes.
How to Juice a Lemon
One of the best ways to juice a lemon is to microwave it for 20 to 30 seconds. Like rolling, microwaving causes some of the membranes in the lemon to burst, releasing more juice. Warm lemons are also easier to squeeze.
How to Store Blackberry Lemonade
Store this lemonade in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days. For longer storage, pour it into a freezer-safe container, leaving at least ½-inch of headspace for expansion. Then, freeze the lemonade for up to 3 months.
Try This Delicious Blackberry Lemonade Today
This delicious blackberry lemonade is a refreshing drink that’s perfect for hot summer days. The combination of blackberries and classic lemonade flavor makes for a drink that has everything we love about lemonade and then some. Serve this lemonade at your next party, and watch everyone come back for more again and again. Or simply make a batch for your family and enjoy a tall glass of this tasty drink any time you like!
More Blackberry Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Blackberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry – A delicious pastry that is filled with fresh blackberry filling, a cream cheese mixture, and a drizzle of glaze. A great recipe to make for breakfast or brunch.
Easy Blackberry Cobbler – A sweet and delicious dessert made with fresh blackberries and a crumbly cobbler topping. This is a great dessert to serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Blackberry Cobbler – Another great cobbler recipe, but this one is super simple and quick to whip up because it uses canned blackberry filling.
And, Berry Fruit Salad from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. A light and refreshing summer recipe that is loaded with fresh strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries. It’s a great dish for backyard BBQ’s, summer cookouts, potlucks, and family gatherings.
- Squeeze lemons into a bowl or cup and set juice aside.
- Add blackberries, sugar and water to blender or Vitamix. Blend well.
- Pour in lemon juice.
- Using a mesh strainer held over a pitcher or a bowl, pour blackberry lemonade mixture into the strainer to remove seeds.
- Stir and pour blackberry lemonade. into iced filled pitcher, and into iced filled glasses.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and blackberries, if desired, and serve.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.