Monkey Bread is always a hit, and this Jalapeno Popper Monkey Bread is a unique twist on the classic pastry. Learn how to make Jalapeno Popper Monkey Bread here.
Jalapeno poppers are one of my favorite appetizers. Whether I’m at a game day party or a backyard bash, I love biting into one of those spicy, creamy, delicious stuffed peppers. I’ve been making poppers for years, but recently, I decided I wanted to try something a little different. It occurred to me that everyone loves monkey bread as much as they love jalapeño poppers, so I decided to combine them into one delicious treat. It’s a savory take on a sweet classic, and I have to say that it’s been a big hit since I started making it. It makes a great addition to any party for any occasion, and it always goes fast.
Jalapeno Popper Monkey Bread
This delicious recipe starts with a base of refrigerated biscuits as all monkey bread does. However, instead of cinnamon, sugar, and the like, I load it up with everything that makes jalapeno poppers so delicious. The monkey bread dough is stuffed full of a creamy jalapeno popper mixture of jalapenos, bacon, shredded cheese, cream cheese, and green onions, and then baked to delicious, golden-brown perfection. It’s even coated with a buttery parmesan cheese glaze. Believe me when I tell you that this jalapeno popper monkey bread pops!
Why You’ll Love This Jalapeno Popper Monkey Bread
- It’s a delicious appetizer recipe that everyone will enjoy.
- It’s a definitely conversation starter at gameday celebrations, parties, potlucks, or family gatherings.
- And, it’s so tasty and packed full of the flavors we love in jalapeno poppers.
- After the butter has melted in the Bundt pan, swirl the pan to let the melted butter coat it a bit up the sides.
- When sprinkling the parmesan cheese into the pan, be sure you get a little on the sides of the pan, as well. This allows the buttery parmesan topping to coat all parts of the monkey bread.
- Use your favorite refrigerated biscuits for this recipe.
- Use your favorite cheese or a mix of cheeses in the filling mixture.
- Try using ground sausage in place of bacon for something a little different.
What to Serve with Jalapeno Popper Monkey Bread
This monkey bread is loaded with all the delicious flavors of jalapeno poppers and jalapeno popper pull apart bread, so it pairs well with dishes that you’d serve with traditional jalapeno poppers.
- Mozzarella sticks
- Bloomin’ onion
- Garlic bread
- Chicken wings
- Pigs in a blanket
- Grilled burgers, dogs, chops, or chicken
Why is it called monkey bread?
Monkey bread gets its name from the way it’s eaten. The pieces of the bread are picked off and eaten similarly to the way that monkeys groom one another.
How do you store monkey bread after baking?
Store it in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator or freeze it for up to 3 months.
What can I use instead of a Bundt pan for monkey bread?
Although you usually see monkey bread in a traditional Bundt shape when you buy it from the store, you can actually make it in a bread pan, on a cookie sheet, in ramekins, or in a loaf pan.
Can you freeze leftover monkey bread?
Absolutely. It freezes very well and will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Store and Reheat Jalapeno Popper Monkey Bread
Store this bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
To reheat, place the bread in a baking dish and cover it tightly with aluminum foil. Then bake it for 20 minutes at 170 degrees. You can also reheat it in the air fryer at 325 degrees for about 5 minutes.
Jalapeno Popper Monkey Bread Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this monkey bread. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Pillsbury grand biscuits
- Cream cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced jalapenos
- Sliced green onions
- Grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Monkey Bread
Making this bread couldn’t be easier. It only takes a few simple steps. It’s almost foolproof!
Step 1: Prep
Place butter in a Bundt pan and place the pan in the oven. Then preheat to 375 degrees.
Step 2: Mix the Popper Ingredients
Stir all of the popper ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
Step 3: Add Parmesan to the Pan
When the oven is preheated, remove the pan and swirl. Then, sprinkle parmesan cheese all around the pan.
Step 4: Stuff the Dough
Roll out each biscuit into a round disc, then add a teaspoon of the popper mixture to the center and bring the edges around to seal it shut. Repeat with all the biscuits, then place them in the Bundt pan.
Step 5: Bake
Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Then, invert the pan and tap gently to loosen the bread from the pan and onto a plate. Enjoy!
Try This Jalapeno Popper Monkey Bread Today
This jalapeno popper monkey bread is as delicious as it is easy, and it’s always the star of the show no matter where you serve it. This savory take on a sweet classic will have everyone talking and coming back for more. Give it a try, and I know you’ll find yourself bringing it to every event you go to.
More Delicious Appetizer and Snack Recipes
Jalapeno Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls – These delicious crescent rolls are filled a cheesy cream cheese mixture with diced jalapenos, seasonings, and baked to golden perfection.
Air Fryer Cheese Pigs in a Blanket – These delicious little smokies are filled with a cream cheese mixture, rolled up in crescents and air fried to golden perfection. So easy and so delicious.
Prosciutto Crescent Rolls with Asparagus – These delicious crescent rolls are filled with prosciutto, asparagus and cheese, and baked until golden brown. Easy, delicious and always a favorite.
And, here are the classic Little Smokie Crescents from Great Grub, Delicious Treats that you’ll enjoy too.
- 2 Pillsbury grand biscuits cut each biscuit into 4 pieces
- 16 ounce cream cheese
- 12 ounce bacon crispy, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup diced jalapenos
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup butter
- ⅛ teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° and place butter in Bundt pan to melt while pan preheats.
- Once the butter is melted, remove from oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese into the pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
- Roll each piece of biscuit dough into a round disc, add a teaspoon cream cheese mixture in the center of the dough and bring up the edges around the mixture , pinch and seal. Set aside in a large mixing bowl or on a baking sheet..
- Repeat until all cream cheese mixture is used.
- Arrange the dough balls in the Bundt pan.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, invert pan onto a plate and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.