These air fryer cheese pigs in a blanket are hot crispy crescent rolls filled with a delicious cream cheese mixture and a little smokie air fried to golden perfection. A delicious appetizer and tasty snack you’ll want to make again.
If you love pigs in a blanket, then you’re absolutely going to flip over these. I’ve been making the classic appetizer for years, and although everyone still loves them, they’re a little boring now. How many times can you have them without them getting stale, you know? I recently gave a new version of this appetizer that we all know and love a try, and I’ve never been happier with anything. These delicious bites are so easy and they have such a wonderful flavor. They’re my family’s new favorite, even the kids will love them.
Air Fryer Cheese Pigs in a Blanket
This cheesy take on our old favorite explodes with flavor in each and every bite. Lit’l Smokies and a seasoned cream cheese mixture with just a touch of heat are wrapped up in a crescent roll dough, and it’s all air-fried to perfection. The crescent dough comes out golden and flaky and the cream cheese mixture is so smooth and gooey. It’s absolutely delicious from the first bite to the last. Serve these at parties, showers, potlucks, or just as an afternoon snack. No matter when or where you serve these, everyone is going to love them.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Cheese Pigs in a Blanket
- They are super easy to make, using only simple ingredients.
- It only takes a few ingredients.
- They’re a great appetizer for parties, game days, or just an afternoon snack.
- All that cream cheese and those little sausages!
Tips and Variations
Although this recipe is super easy, I do have some tips to help you make these as good as they can possibly be. I have some fun variations, too!
- Cut your crescent roll triangles into three long strips so they wrap around the Lit’l Smokies more than once.
- Be sure your cream cheese is fully softened for best mixing and texture.
- Be sure to spray the tops of the cheese pigs in a blanket before air frying to get that golden brown color and crispness.
- While you CAN simply spray the air fryer basket before air frying these pigs in a blanket, they can sometimes get messy. I recommend lining the basket with parchment paper.
- You can make this recipe spicier by adding finely diced jalapenos to the cream cheese mixture.
- Switch out the cheese that is used. Cheddar cheese, American cheese, and Colby Jack cheese would be great in this recipe.
- Use any of your favorite lil smokies varieties to change up the flavor.
Cheese Pigs in a Blanket FAQ
If you have questions about these cheese pigs in a blanket then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Can you cook Pillsbury crescents in the air fryer?
You sure can! They’re not limited to being wrapped around Lit’l Smokies.
Can I cook frozen pigs in a blanket in the air fryer?
Yes! An air fryer is just a small convection oven, and you can cook frozen pigs in a blanket in the oven.
How long are pigs in a blanket good?
You can store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
How do you reheat air fryer pigs in a blanket?
Place them on a baking sheet and bake them at 350 for 4 to 5 minutes.
Air Fryer Cheese Pigs in a Blanket Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Pillsbury® original crescent rolls
- Beef Lit’l smokies (Hillshire Farms)
- Cream cheese, softened
- Pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Onion powder
How to Make Air Fryer Cheese Pigs in a Blanket
This recipe is an easy one, and it only takes a few simple steps to make it!
Step 1: Prep
Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of your air fryer basket and lightly spray it with cooking spray. Place crescent roll triangles on a clean surface and cut them into three equally-sized long strips, using a knife or pizza cutter.
Step 2: Make the Cream Cheese Mixture
Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Then add the seasoning and mix until well combined. Finally, stir in the shredded cheese into the mixture.
Step 3: Construct the Pigs in a Blanket
Lay out each crescent strip and spread some of the cream cheese mixture on each strip. Then, place a Lit’l Smokie at the wider end of the strip and then roll the cream cheese-covered dough strips around the sausage. Repeat until all are done.
Step 4: Air Fry
Place the cheese pigs in a blanket in the air fryer basket in batches, 12 at a time, and lightly spray their tops. Air fry for 8 minutes at 330 degrees, turning the pigs in a blanket over halfway through. Serve warm with your favorite sauces and enjoy!
Try This Easy Air Fryer Recipe Today
These air fryer cheese pigs in a blanket are overflowing with flavor (and cheese), and they’re so easy to make. They’re perfect for parties, potlucks, game days, or just an afternoon snack. Whether you serve them for a special occasion or just because you feel like stuffing your face, you’re going to love these. So will your family and friends!
More Easy Appetizer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Jalapeño Cheese Bites – These cheesy appetizer bites are packed with flavor from the crispy coating to the three types of ooey, gooey cheese. Deep fried to golden perfection, these are a great appetizer for parties, game day gatherings, or an afternoon snack.
Easy Homemade Guacamole – This homemade guacamole recipe is made with the freshest ingredients and is always a favorite appetizer recipe and party dip everyone loves. Give it a try and I’m sure it will be devoured in no time.
Grown Up Tater Tots – These are made with baby Yukon gold potatoes that are smashed, seasoned perfectly and baked until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
And, here is a Crispy Fried Avocado Bites recipe, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, that you might enjoy as well.
Air Fryer Cheese Pigs in a Blanket
- 8 ounce container of Pillsbury® original crescent rolls
- 12 ounce package beef lit’l smokies, Hillshire Farms
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the air fryer basket and lightly spray with cooking spray, like extra virgin olive oil spray. (can just spray the basket if you do not have parchment paper)
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add seasonings and mix until combined.
- Stir shredded cheese into cream cheese mixture.
- On a clean surface, cut each triangle into 3 long strips. Repeat with the remaining crescent dough.
- Spread some cheese mixture down the crescent strips.
- Place a little smokie at the wider end of each strip, on top of the cheese mixture, and roll up.
- Place 12 at a time into the basket. Lightly spray the tops of the crescents.
- Cook at 330° for 8 minutes, turning over halfway through. Some cheese mixture will spill out.
- Carefully remove and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards.