These delicious blackberry cheesecake bars are the perfect summer dessert using fresh blackberries. A graham cracker crust topped with a creamy, tangy cheesecake swirled with a fresh blueberry sauce and baked to perfection.
Cheesecake and fruit are a classic duo that almost everyone loves. I can’t think of how many times I’ve seen some kind of fruit on top of, or even in, a cheesecake. I’ve loved the sweet tangy combo of fruit and cheesecake since I was a little girl. The first time I ever had cheesecake, it was a blackberry cheesecake that my grandmother made, and I was immediately hooked. Over the years, I’ve made all kinds of cheesecakes, and with this recipe, I took the classic fruit topping and gave it a twist by swirling it into the top of the cheesecake. It gives all that classic flavor with a fun look that I think is really festive.
Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
These delicious cheesecake bars start with an easy graham cracker crust. Then, I top it with a simple, classic cheesecake batter. Finally, I take a homemade blackberry filling and swirl it into the top of the cheesecake to create a beautiful, colorful top filled with fruity flavor and bake the entire thing to perfection. When it’s all done, I cut it into bars, and I serve it up to everyone. Let me tell you, there are never any leftovers!
Why You’ll Love These Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
- They’re creamy and delicious, and they’re so easy to make.
- They use simple ingredients that are easily found in the grocery store.
- They’re the perfect summertime dessert perfect for after dinner or midday snacking.
Ingredients for Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
These completely homemade cheesecake bars only use a handful of simple ingredients. You probably have most of them in your kitchen right now.
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Melted butter
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- Large eggs
- Fresh blackberries
- Lemon juice
How to Make Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
Making these cheesecake bars is much easier than you might think. This recipe uses a simplified cheesecake batter that does very well when baked without a traditional water bath or super-involved temperature changes and cooling methods.
Step 1: Make the Crust
Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until combined in a small bowl. Then, press the mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9×13 glass baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees and let cool.
Step 2: Make the Cheesecake Batter
Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Then, add the eggs, one at a time, beating on low after each addition until blended. Pour the mixture over the cooled graham cracker crust.
Step 3: Make the Blackberry Sauce
Combine the blackberries, sugar, 2 tablespoons of water, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Then, strain the mixture to remove the seeds and return the sauce to the pan. Add a slurry of 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and cook the sauce until thickened even more. Let the sauce cool until just warm.
Step 4: Make the Swirl
Spoon the blackberry sauce onto the top of the cheesecake in different spots, then use a toothpick or knife to makes swirls in the top of the cheesecake.
Step 5: Bake
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes at 325 degrees until the center is almost set and a little jiggly.
Step 6: Chill
Let the cheesecake cool to room temperature, then chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Then, slice into bars of your preferred size.
- The easiest way to make graham cracker crumbs is by using a food processor.
- Be sure your eggs are at room temperature for easy combining and the best cheesecake texture.
- Only swirl the sauce enough to achieve a pretty, swirled look. If you do too much, you’ll just end up with a muddy purple top.
- For a clean cut when slicing the cheesecake into bars, run hot water over a sharp knife, then wipe the knife with a cloth and quickly make your cut.
- Use any of your favorite berries for the sauce topping.
- You can use jam that’s been heated on the stove as your swirl.
- Try making the crust with crushed Oreos. Chocolate and fruit are always a great combo.
- You know your cheesecake is done when it’s almost set and a little jiggly in the center. Think of Jello.
What to Serve with Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
These cheesecake bars are delicious with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. These bars are also delicious when served alongside your other favorite sweet treats as part of a larger dessert spread. This variation on classic cheesecake is also the perfect dessert after a hearty, down-home meal of beef, chicken, or pork.
Can you freeze blackberries without washing them?
There’s no need to wash blackberries, or any berries for that matter, before freezing them. Freeze them as-is, then rinse them before using them in your recipe.
How firm should cheesecake be?
A perfectly baked cheesecake is firm to the touch with a slight amount of give.
Should you bake a graham cracker crust before filling?
Homemade graham cracker crust should be baked before adding the pie or cheesecake filling. Store-bought graham cracker crusts are pre-baked, so there’s no need to bake them first.
How long will cheesecake last in the fridge?
Cheesecake will last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze homemade cheesecake?
Yes. Homemade cheesecake freezes well and will last for up to a month in the freezer.
How to Store Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
Store your cheesecake bars in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to a month in an airtight, freezer-safe container in single layers separated by parchment paper.
Try These Delicious Blackberry Cheesecake Bars Today
These blackberry cheesecake bars combine a sweet blackberry sauce with rich, sweet, and tangy cheesecake to create a hand-held dessert that will have everyone coming back for more. This classic combination of fruit and cheesecake makes the perfect snack or dessert, and it’s ready in no time at all. Give this one a try, and I know you’re going to fall in love.
More Delicious Blackberry Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Blackberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry – A delicious pastry filled with a sweet cream cheese filling, fresh blackberry filling and baked to flaky perfection and drizzle with a sweet glaze.
Blackberry Lemonade – A refreshing and delicious homemade made with fresh blackberries and freshly squeezed lemons. Only 4 ingredients needed for this delicious thirst quenching summertime drink.
Easy Blackberry Cobbler – This is a super easy cobbler recipe made with blackberry pie filling topped with a homemade cobbler topping. Easy and delicious!
And, here is a Blackberry Cobbler with brown sugar pecan crust topping from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, that you’ll enjoy as well.
Blackberry Cheesecake Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together until combined.
- Press graham cracker mixture on the bottom and up the sides of a 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Beat on low speed after each addition until blended.
- Pour creamy cheesecake filling into the graham cracker crust.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add blackberries, sugar, 2 tablespoons water, and lemon juice. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Strain seeds and return blackberry sauce to pan.
- In a small bowl, stir cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water together. Add to blackberries and continue cooking until the sauce has thickened. Let cool then spoon blackberry mixture on top of the cheesecake in different spots.
- Next, take a toothpick or knife and swirl the blackberry sauce around to achieve a swirl effect.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the center is almost set and still a little jiggly.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Let cool for an hour, then place in the refrigerator and chill for 4+ hours or overnight.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.