These savory jalapeno cheddar biscuits are the ideal combination of spicy and cheesy and are sure to become a new favorite. So easy to make, these easy cheesy biscuits are absolutely delicious.
I’m a big fan of jalapeno cheddar cornbread and biscuits. I just love the combination of cheese and the kick of jalapeno all wrapped up in a delicious bread product. Sometimes, though, I don’t have enough time to make homemade dough. That’s when I make this delicious semi-homemade cheddar biscuit recipe. It uses Grands biscuits which saves me a ton of time but still delivers that delicious flavor and heat that I love so much in biscuits and cornbread like this. It’s a simple variation that I’ve been using for years when I’m pressed for time, and it’s always just as popular as my totally homemade versions.
Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
These delicious biscuits get a head start by using Grands refrigerated biscuits. Then, I cut them into bite-size pieces and brush them with garlic butter. After that, I sprinkle them with diced jalapenos and cheddar cheese and bake them to golden perfection. Finally, they get another brushing of garlic butter and then they get devoured! I love to serve these as appetizers or sides for a mind dish. No matter how they’re served, they always go fast.
Why You’ll Love These Easy Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
- They’re super easy to make, only need a few ingredients, and can be on the table in a matter of minutes.
- The combination of flaky biscuits and melted cheddar cheese is simply irresistible, and the diced jalapenos add a bit of heat but not too much.
- They are delicious and great to serve alongside your favorite breakfast items or great served with chili or soup.
Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits Ingredients
It only takes a quick trip to the grocery store to snag the very limited ingredients you’ll need for this recipe. And that’s just what isn’t already in your kitchen!
- Pillsbury Grand Biscuits area great substitute for homemade biscuits and are the perfect base for the jalapeno cheddar filling.
- Melted butter helps to bind the ingredients together and gives the biscuits a nice, flaky crust.
- Garlic powder adds a savory flavor to the biscuits.
- Parsley adds a pop of freshness.
- Sharp cheddar cheese adds a sharp flavorful bite.
- Diced pickled jalapenos add a spicy kick to the biscuits.
How to Make Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
Making these biscuits is a breeze. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in under 30 minutes.
Step 1: Cut the Biscuits
Place biscuits on a nonstick baking sheet, leaving space between each one. Then, cut them into 6 pieces, but don’t separate them.
Step 2: Season
Microwave the butter until melted and add the garlic powder and parsley. Then, brush the mixture onto the biscuits. Add diced jalapenos to the tops of the biscuit pieces and sprinkle them with shredded cheese.
Step 3: Bake
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown. Then, remove from the oven and brush with the remaining garlic butter. Enjoy!
- Add the diced jalapenos to each piece of biscuit rather than sprinkling them on. This ensures that every bite has a kick of flavor and heat.
- Be sure that you don’t separate the biscuit pieces after cutting. They’ll puff up next to each other creating sort of mini monkey breads.
- Remove the biscuits as soon as they’re golden. You don’t want to dry them out and make them hard.
- You can use any brand of biscuit you like so long as they’re large.
- Make a monkey bread version of this by adding the garlic butter to the bottom of a bundt pan, mixing the cheese, jalapeno, and biscuit pieces together, and pressing them into the pan.
- For simple, cheesy garlic bread, omit the jalapenos.
What to Serve with Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
These delicious cheesy biscuits with a kick of heat are amazing appetizers. They also make a great side for all kinds of dishes. Serve them with beef, pork, chicken, or even seafood. That cheesy, spicy flavor pairs perfectly with almost anything you can think of. Try all kinds of combinations for delicious results.
These biscuits are like cheesy garlic bread bites with a kick of heat and bite from the jalapeno.
The best cheeses to pair with jalapeno include:
Whataburger stopped selling their jalapeno cheddar biscuits in early 2022.
Biscuits freeze well and will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
Refrigerate the biscuits for up to 5 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
To reheat the biscuits, bush a little butter on top of them and wrap them in foil. Then, bake them for 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees until heated through.
Try These Delicious Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits Today
These jalapeno cheddar biscuits are as tasty as they are easy. With just a handful of ingredients and a total time of under 30 minutes, these are some of the best and most convenient cheddar biscuits you’ll ever make. Serve them as appetizers or sides with almost any meal, but just serve them! Everyone will love the taste, and you’ll love how simple they are. Give them a try, and I know you’ll make these biscuits a permanent part of your recipe rotation.
More Delicious Jalapeno Cheddar Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This mini Jalapeno Cheddar Monkey Bread recipe is a delicious way to enjoy individual servings of this cheesy monkey bread recipe.
Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a non-stick baking sheet, place the biscuits on the baking sheet leaving space in between each biscuit.
- While the biscuits are on the baking sheet, cut each one into six pieces but do not remove them from the baking sheet.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt butter and add garlic powder and parsley. Stir.
- Brush each biscuit with melted butter mixture.
- Add a little diced jalapenos to each biscuit and spread around and put into the little slices.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 13-15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and brush the remaining butter mixture.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.