Look no further for the perfect party appetizer – this one is sure to be devoured at your next party, family get-together, or backyard barbecue. Jalapeno cheese monkey bread is made with grand biscuits, sharp cheddar cheese and diced jalapenos, and baked in mini Bundt pans, creating individual servings for everyone to enjoy.
I’m all about finger foods and appetizers of all kinds. I don’t care if it’s pigs in a blanket, cheesecake bars, or anything in between, I absolutely love party food and food you eat with your hands. Over the years, I’ve made all kinds of party and appetizer dishes, but one of my favorites has always been monkey bread. I love it because it’s so versatile and always so good. While most people think of sweet flavors when they think of monkey bread, it can also be savory, and that’s why I love this particular monkey bread recipe. It really highlights how amazing savory monkey bread can be.
Jalapeno Cheese Monkey Bread
This delicious monkey bread recipe starts with Grands biscuits that I cut up and coat in melted butter and seasonings. Then, I add diced pickled jalapenos and shredded sharp cheddar cheese, press it all into a Bundt pan, and bake it until it’s golden brown and melty. The entire process only takes about 30 minutes, and when it’s all done, I have cheesy, spicy, zesty monkey bread that packs a punch of flavor and heat in every bite. It’s perfect for any kind of party or just as a snack for a movie or game night.
Why You’ll Love This Mini Jalapeno Cheese Monkey Bread Recipe
- They’re delicious and the combination of biscuits, gooey cheese, and diced jalapenos is simply irresistible.
- They are easy to make and you only need a few simple ingredients that are easily found at the local grocery store.
- They are perfect for everyone to have their own pull-apart bread and won’t need to worry about sharing.
- Plus, they’re fun and definitely a conversation starter.
Mini Jalapeno Cheese Monkey Bread Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this recipe. The majority of them are probably in your kitchen right now, and the ones that aren’t are easily found at your local grocery store.
- Pillsbury Grand Biscuits are light and fluffy, are pre-made and easy to use, which makes them a great option for this quick and easy monkey bread recipe.
- Melted butter helps to coat the biscuits which gives them their golden brown crust and helps bind the other ingredients together to create a flavorful monkey bread recipe.
- Dried parsley adds a touch of freshness and flavor and also helps brighten up the mini monkey breads.
- Oregano adds a savory flavor and helps to enhance the flavor of the jalapenos.
- Basil adds a touch of sweetness and herbal flavor to the recipe and helps balance out the heat from the jalapenos.
- Diced jalapenos add a touch of heat and spice to the monkey bread.
- Sharp cheddar cheese adds a touch of saltiness and richness, and helps to create a gooey, cheesy coating throughout the monkey bread.
How to Make Mini Jalapeno Cheese Monkey Bread
Making this delicious monkey bread recipe is no more difficult than snagging all the ingredients that you’ll need to make it. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in just about 30 minutes!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a mini Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Coat the Biscuit Pieces
Add the rolled biscuit dough pieces, melted butter, and seasonings to a large bowl. Then, gently mix the dough balls and seasoned butter with your hands until all the dough balls are completely coated. Add the diced jalapenos and shredded cheese, and mix gently again to coat.
Step 3: Bake
Press the dough balls into the Bundt pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Freshly wash your hands before hand-mixing the dough balls to coat them.
- Always wash your hands after handling any kind of hot pepper and NEVER touch your face.
- Press the dough balls gently into the bundt pan to ensure that they take on the bundt shape.
- You can use any biscuit brand you like, just be sure they’re large biscuits.
- Try adding garlic and onion powder to the mix, as well.
- Omit the jalapenos for a simple cheese monkey bread recipe.
What to Serve with Mini Jalapeno Cheese Monkey Bread
This delicious monkey bread is the perfect addition to any appetizer table and pairs well with all of your favorite savory finger foods. It’s also delicious when dipped in sauces like:
- BBQ sauce
- Mustard sauce
- French onion dip
- Spinach dip
- Artichoke dip
What is a fun fact about monkey bread?
A fun fact for some, a disturbing fact for others: Monkey bread gets its name from the way it’s eaten. Picking off chunks of the bread has been said to resemble the way a monkey picks insects off of its troop mates when grooming them.
Does leftover jalapeno cheese monkey bread need to be refrigerated?
You can leave jalapeno cheese monkey bread at room temperature for up to 2 days. If you plan to keep it longer than that, it should be refrigerated.
Why is jalapeno and cheese so good?
Jalapeno and cheese are so good together because they balance one another so well. Capsaicin is the substance in jalapenos that makes them hot. One of the most effective counters to that heat is casein, a protein that is prevalent in cheese. The cheese cuts the heat and adds flavor.
Why is monkey bread called monkey bread?
Monkey bread gets its name because many people say that picking off the bread looks similar to a monkey picking at the fur of his troop mate while grooming him.
Can you freeze jalapeno cheese monkey bread?
Absolutely. Monkey bread will keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Jalapeno Cheese Monkey Bread
You can store this bread at room temperature for up to 2 days in an airtight container or up to a week in the fridge in an airtight container. For longer storage, freeze the bread for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat the bread, place it in a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes at 170 degrees. You can also reheat individual portions in the microwave for about 15 seconds on high.
Try This Jalapeno Cheese Mini Monkey Bread Recipe Today
This easy jalapeno cheese monkey bread recipe is as delicious as it is easy to make. And using a mini bundt pan makes it so simple to cook up individual monkey breads for everyone to enjoy. With all that spicy, cheesy flavor and a total prep and cook time of about 30 minutes, this is one monkey bread recipe that you’ll be glad you tried. Whip up a batch and prepare to be amazed.
More Delicious Jalapeno Cheese Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Jalapeno Cheese Bites – Crispy on the outside, gooey, cheesy on the inside, these cheese bites are loaded with three types of cheese and diced jalapenos.
Jalapeno Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls – An easy, delicious appetizer recipe with a cream cheese mixture and diced jalapenos surrounded by flaky, golden brown crescents.
Super Delicious Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket – Two classic favorites in one delicious appetizer, jalapeno poppers and pigs in a blanket for the ultimate finger food everyone will enjoy.
And, Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers are a great party snack that is super flavorful and delicious, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats.
Jalapeno Cheese Monkey Bread
- (2) 8 count Pillsbury Grand Biscuits, cut each biscuit into 6 pieces
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ⅓ cup diced pickled jalapenos
- 1 ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly spray a mini bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, add rolled biscuit dough pieces, melted butter, and seasonings.
- Using clean hands or wearing gloves, gently mix dough together until all dough balls are coated.
- Add diced jalapenos and shredded cheese and gently mix to coat.
- Add dough balls to mini bundt pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and serve warm.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.
Leave a Reply