These mini chicken biscuits are the perfect bite-size comfort food recipe where the flaky buttermilk biscuits cradle crispy, golden, deep fried chicken nuggets that are perfectly seasoned, drizzled with hot honey, and brushed with a sweet and sticky honey butter mixture that is absolutely scrumptious.
I love chicken and biscuits. There’s something about fried chicken sandwiched between biscuits that I just can’t get enough of. I’ll have them with just a bit of butter on the biscuits, top the chicken with BBQ sauce, or even some jam if I’m having a chicken biscuit for breakfast. Another great variation that I enjoy making quite a bit are these mini chicken biscuits with honey butter. They’re small chicken biscuit bites made with chicken breasts coated in zesty panko breadcrumbs and fried, then sandwiched between biscuits and covered with honey butter. They make a fun breakfast, afternoon snack, or addition to any party.
Mini Chicken Biscuits
This chicken and biscuits recipe starts with chicken breasts that I cut into bite-sized pieces, dredge in a zesty panko breading coating seasoned with Cajun seasoning, and fry to golden, crispy perfection. Then, I sandwich the pieces between golden mini biscuit pieces and top them with honey butter. The entire process only takes about 40 minutes from start to finish, and when it’s all done, I have a sweet and savory breakfast, snack, or appetizer.
Why You’ll Love This Mini Chicken Biscuit Recipe
- Each mini chicken biscuit is packed with juicy, fried chicken, with a drizzle of sweet honey in between the layers of a flaky biscuit, and topped with honey butter.
- The small size is the perfect balance of satisfaction and portion control. They are great for breakfast, brunch, an afternoon snack, or even as appetizers.
- It’s a classic comfort food that is elevated to a whole new level of deliciousness with the crispy, juicy chicken, the honey butter, and the flaky biscuits.
Mini Chicken Biscuits Ingredients
This recipe only uses a few simple ingredients that you can find in your kitchen and at any grocery store. It’s a basic recipe with basic ingredients.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Panko bread crumbs
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Large eggs
- Heavy cream
- Oil for frying
- Pillsbury grand biscuits
- Hot honey
How to Make Mini Chicken Biscuits
Making this chicken biscuits recipe is incredibly easy. It’s basic frying, a little baking, and then constructing the biscuits. Anyone can do it!
Step 1: Make the Dredging Station
Combine the panko breadcrumbs and seasonings in a shallow dish. Then, whisk the eggs and heavy cream together in another shallow dish.
Step 2: Dredge the Chicken
Dredge each chicken bite in the egg mixture and then in the breadcrumb mixture.
Step 3: Fry
Fry the chicken bites in a large frying pan over medium-high heat for 4 to 6 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Place the bites on a plate lined with paper towels.
Step 4: Make the Biscuits
Place the biscuits on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 11-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Step 5: Make the Honey Butter
In a small microwave safe mixing bowl heat the butter in the microwave until softened or slightly melted. Mix the honey into the butter.
Step 6: Make the Mini Chicken Biscuits
Cut the mini biscuits in half lengthwise, place a chicken bite between the halves, and brush with the honey butter sauce. Enjoy!
- Give your chicken pieces a gentle tap between each dredging for the perfect coating.
- Fry your chicken bites in batches so the oil stays nice and hot. Overcrowding will make a soggy, greasy coating rather than a crispy one.
- Heat the butter until very soft but not totally melted.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut the biscuits in half before baking. This helps prevent squishing the biscuit dough too much while cutting.
- For a milder version, omit the Cajun seasoning and use regular honey in place of hot honey.
- For even more heat, add cayenne pepper to the breading mixture and a splash of hot sauce to the egg mixture.
- You can air fry the chicken bites for a healthier option.
- Try this recipe made with pork bites.
- If you’re feeling fancy, bake your own homemade buttermilk biscuits.
What to Serve with Mini Chicken Biscuits
Serve these mini chicken biscuits with your favorite beer or pop for the kids. They make a great addition to a larger party spread with all your favorite appetizers or a fantastic addition to a big breakfast with other sweet and savory options. You can also serve them with classic sides like:
- French fries
- Potato wedges
- Tater tots
- Potato chips
- Potato salad
- Pasta salad
- Baked beans
- Mac and cheese
Mini chicken biscuits are a smaller version of classic chicken biscuits made with bite-sized fried chicken pieces and canned biscuits cut in half to make smaller biscuits.
Absolutely! Hot honey adds heat to the biscuits, but you can use regular honey instead if you prefer a milder version of the recipe.
Any large canned biscuit will work. If you’re feeling fancy, you can also bake your own mini biscuits.
These mini chicken biscuits are best when served fresh, so make these when you’re ready to serve them.
These mini chicken biscuits freeze well and will last for up to 3 months when stored properly.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Mini Chicken Biscuits
Refrigerate these chicken biscuits for up to 3 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, wrap the chicken biscuits individually in plastic wrap, then freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
To reheat the biscuits, bake them at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes until heated through.
Try These Mini Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits Today
These mini chicken biscuits feature chicken that’s tender and juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside sandwiched between mini biscuits and slathered in spicy hot honey butter. They’re the ultimate chicken biscuits, and they’re so easy to make! Whether you serve these for brunch, lunch, dinner, or at parties, they will always be a huge hit! Give them a try!
More Delicious Chicken Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This Malibu Chicken Recipe is a delicious way to enjoy fried chicken. Each piece of chicken is fried to golden perfection, then it is topped with a slice of Swiss cheese, ham, and another slice of Swiss cheese. Malibu Chicken is a family favorite chicken recipe that we hope you enjoy as much as our family has.
Mini Chicken Biscuits with Honey Butter
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- (1) 8 count can Pillsbury grand biscuits, each biscuit cut in half to make 16 mini biscuits
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup hot honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, combine the panko bread crumbs with all of the seasonings, mix well.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream.
- Dredge each chicken bite in the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large frying pot over medium-high heat.
- Fry chicken bites, in batches, for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown and completely cooked through.
- Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Place biscuits on a baking sheet and bake 11-15 minutes or until biscuits are golden.
- In a small microwave bowl, heat butter until softened/slightly melted.
- Mix honey into butter and stir to combine.
- Cut mini biscuits in half and top each biscuit with a chicken nugget.
- Drizzle with honey and brush the tops of the biscuits with the honey butter. Enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.