This chicken ranch bowtie pasta is a hearty and delicious pasta recipe made with perfectly seasoned chicken breasts, fresh spinach, onions, and garlic cooked in a creamy sauce made with three types of cheese.
I love making chicken and pasta. It’s a classic combination, especially when it’s bathed in a creamy sauce. That’s exactly why I love this delicious recipe. It’s one that I’ve been making for years, but I just never got around to sharing it with all of you. I thought that needed to change because it’s just so darn good! I was plating it up a few days ago, and I thought, “I think it’s finally time for me to share this with my readers!” I’m hopeful that once you make it, you’ll want to add it to your list of regular recipes the way that I have.
Chicken Ranch Bowtie Pasta
Like any good pasta recipe, it all starts with bowtie pasta that’s been cooked perfectly to al dente. Then, we add white meat chicken that’s cooked with a delicious mix of seasonings that provide a kick or both ranch flavor and heat. Finally, we make a rich, creamy, cheesy sauce made with cheese, cream, and broth. We mix it all together, and what we end up with is a creamy chicken and pasta dish that explodes with flavor in every bite but that doesn’t take a million years to make. It’s so good, and it’s so easy. The perfect combination!
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Ranch Bowtie Pasta Recipe
- It’s so easy to make! It only takes a few ingredients and a few minutes.
- It’s rich, creamy, and cheesy, featuring three cheeses.
- The chicken is so tender and perfectly seasoned.
- It’s just as good the next day!
Tips and Variations
This recipe is absolutely one of the easiest of its type that you’ll ever make. That being said, I do have a few tips that will help make it even easier and tastier. I also have some great variations to try, as well.
- It’s important to use a tenderizer to beat the chicken breast to an even thickness in order for them to cook evenly.
- Be sure you only cook your noodles to al dente for a great texture.
- Buy your cheese at the deli whenever possible. Prepackaged cheeses often have a ton of additives.
- For an extra kick of heat add red pepper flakes to your sauce.
- If you don’t have bowtie pasta, you can use any short pasta for this recipe.
- Try using mozzarella in place of white cheddar for a slightly different flavor and texture.
- Chicken thighs work wonderfully in this recipe.
- Add chopped bacon and sliced grape tomato for even more delicious flavor.
Chicken Ranch Bowtie Pasta FAQ
If you have questions about this chicken ranch bowtie pasta, then you’re in luck. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this dish.
Can you freeze this chicken bowtie pasta recipe?
You can freeze the chicken and sauce BEFORE it’s mixed with the pasta. I don’t recommend freezing it after it’s mixed.
Can you make this recipe in advance?
You can make the chicken and sauce in advance. Then, while you’re making the noodles, heat the sauce on the stove in a pot. When the noodles are down, combine them with the reheated chicken and sauce.
Where is ranch dressing from?
Alaska. In the 1950s, Steve Henson developed the recipe for ranch dressing while working as a contract plumber in Alaska. He and his wife founded Hidden Valley Ranch.
How to Store and Reheat Chicken Ranch Bowtie Pasta
You can store this dish in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze the chicken and sauce WITHOUT the pasta in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag for up to 3 months.
To reheat this dish, place it in a saucepan and reheat it over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until it’s heated through. You can also place it in a covered baking dish and bake it at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Chicken Ranch Bowtie Pasta Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this dish. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- Garlic salt
- Slap Ya Mama® Seasoning
- Black pepper
- Ranch dressing mix
- Fresh spinach
- Bow tie pasta
- Cloves garlic
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Sharp cheddar
- White cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make Chicken Ranch Bowtie Pasta
Making this recipe couldn’t be simpler. It only takes a few simple steps, and you’ll have yourself a delicious, creamy chicken and pasta dish.
Step 1: Prep
Cook the bowtie pasta according to the package directions for al dente over medium-high heat. Beat the chicken to a uniform thickness.
Step 2: Cook the Chicken
Season the chicken with garlic salt, pepper, Slap Ya Mama seasoning, paprika, and dry ranch seasoning. Then, melt butter in a large frying pan, over medium heat, and cook the chicken for 7 to 9 minutes or until fully cooked through.
Step 3: Cut the Chicken
After cooking the chicken, remove it from the pan and cut it into bite-size pieces and set it aside.
Step 4: Cook the Onions and Garlic
Melt butter in the same pan and add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent.
Step 5: Add Remaining Ingredients
Add the chicken broth and heavy cream, and sprinkle with dry ranch seasoning, stir. Next, add the sharp cheddar, white cheddar, and parmesan cheese, and sprinkle with Slap Ya Mama seasoning, paprika, and garlic salt. Stir well.
Step 6: Finish the Sauce
Let the sauce come to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the spinach and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
Step 7: Finish the Dish
Add the bowtie pasta, stir and then add the cooked chicken. Enjoy!
Try This Chicken Ranch Bowtie Pasta Today
This cheesy, creamy chicken and pasta dish is loaded with flavor and so easy to make. In just a few simple steps, you’ll have a dish with a big kick of flavor from both the ranch and the Slap Ya Mama cradling chicken and noodles in a delicious sauce. It’s a great recipe for a family dinner, and it’s great for potlucks too. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time. Give it a try, and I know you’ll love it as much as I do.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Easy One Pot Goulash – This goulash recipe is hearty, delicious and super easy, plus it’s made in one pot.
Taco Pasta – This pasta recipe is loaded with deliciously seasoned ground beef, pasta shells, cheese and more, and is a delicious and easy dinner recipe that can be on the table in no time.
Homemade Lasagna – This delicious lasagna is always a favorite with all the delicious flavors. A hearty, meaty, cheesy and tasty pasta recipe the whole family is going to love.
And, here is a Chicken Stroganoff, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, that you might enjoy as well.
Chicken Ranch Bowtie Pasta
For the Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama® Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ranch dressing mix
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup ranch dressing mix
- 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- 16 ounce bowtie pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil of medium high heat and cook the bowtie pasta according to package directions for al dente.
For the Chicken
- Beat the chicken to uniform thickness and season with garlic salt, pepper, Slap Ya Mama, paprika, and dry ranch seasoning.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt butter, and cook the chicken for 7-9 minutes until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan, cut into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
For the Sauce
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in same pan and add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Pour in chicken broth, heavy cream, and sprinkle with dry ranch seasoning, stir. Next, add sharp cheddar, white cheddar, and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with Slap Ya Mama, paprika, and garlic salt. Stir well.
- Let the sauce come to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Add in spinach and let simmer for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add in bowtie pasta, stir and then add the cooked chicken. Enjoy!
Here are a couple pics that are the perfect size for pinning to your favorite Pinterest boards.