These air fryer chicken flautas are a fun and tasty appetizer or dinner recipe that’s easy to make. What’s even better, this recipe comes together pretty quickly, making it great for quick weeknight dinners.
If you love Mexican fusion, then you’re going to be amazed by these delicious chicken flautas. Unlike many of the recipes on my site, I only recently started making these. Most of my Mexican dishes are fairly true to their authentic origins, but when I tasted these flautas, I knew I had to share the recipe with you. These flautas are full of chicken, and they’re loaded with tasty Mexican flavors. The result? A Mexican-American fusion of flavors that are wrapped in a tortilla and air fried until golden brown. They’re so good, and they make the perfect appetizer or even dinner!
Air Fryer Chicken Flautas
These delicious air fried flautas feature shredded chicken combined with both chipotle and avocado ranch dressings for a creamy, zest, spicy filling loaded with Tex-Mex flavor. Then, the chicken mixture and a healthy amount of cheese are wrapped up in a flour tortilla and air fried to golden brown perfection. It only takes a few minutes to make, and you end up with delicious hand-held snacks or even a fun dinner that always has everyone coming back for more.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Chicken Flautas
- They’re super delicious and full of tender chicken, cheese, and crumbled bacon, all in a creamy sauce.
- They’re easy to make and only use simple ingredients that you’ll find easily at your local grocery store.
- They make a quick, easy, and tasty weeknight dinner that can be on the table in no time.
Air Fryer Chicken Flautas Ingredients
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find everything you need in just a couple of aisles at your grocery store. The actual measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Chipotle ranch dressing
- Avocado ranch dressing
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Hormel® original real crumbled bacon
- Flour tortillas, soft taco size
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Flautas
Because these are air fried, these chicken flautas are very easy to make. It only takes a few minutes of cooking the chicken on the stove, then it’s just a matter of a little prep and firing up the air fryer. That’s it!
Step 1: Boil the Chicken
Boil the chicken in a pot on medium-high heat until no longer pink. The, transfer it to a medium bowl and shred.
Step 2: Make the Sauce
Sauté onions in butter in a large frying pan over medium heat until translucent Then, add the chicken and seasonings. Stir to combine and add both ranch dressings. Stir and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
Step 3: Heat the Tortillas
Wrap 10 tortillas at a time in a damp paper towel(s), and heat them for 30 seconds in the microwave.
Step 4: Fill and Roll
Add shredded cheese to half the tortilla. Then spoon the chicken mixture and crumbled bacon down the center of the tortilla. Roll up tightly and place seam side down. Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas. Then begin heating the remaining tortillas and filling them until all tortillas are filled and rolled.
Step 5: Air Fry
Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees for 2 minutes. Then, place 4 chicken flautas on a disposable liner in the air fryer basket. Lightly spray the flautas, then air fry for 6 minutes. Flip, spray again, and cook for another 3 minutes. Transfer the flautas to a plate. Repeat until all flautas are air fried. Enjoy!
- Shred your chicken as soon as it’s safe to handle. Hot chicken shreds much more easily than cool chicken.
- Be sure to heat the tortillas so you can roll them without cracking them.
- Roll the tortillas as tightly as possible.
- Try making these flautas with shredded beef, pork or even rotisserie chicken.
- Use your favorite variety of shredded cheese for this recipe. Taco and Mexican blend cheese works well.
- For a kick of extra heat, add diced jalapenos to the onions while cooking.
What is the difference between taquitos and flautas?
Traditional taquitos use corn tortillas while flautas use flour tortillas. These days, however, almost everyone uses the terms interchangeably.
Is a flauta a rolled taco?
That’s actually exactly what they are!
Can you bake chicken flautas instead of air frying them?
Absolutely. Place the flautas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then, bake them for 15 to 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
How long will homemade chicken flautas last in the fridge?
These will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Can you freeze leftover chicken flautas?
Yes, you can. They’ll keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Store and Reheat Air Fryer Chicken Flautas
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight container or freezer bag.
To reheat, place the flautas on a baking rack over a baking pan. Then, bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until warmed through. Or use the air fryer again.
Try This Delicious Air Fryer Chicken Flautas Today
This delicious air fryer chicken flautas recipe, also called air fryer chicken taquitos, is incredibly easy to make, and it’s always a crowd-pleaser. With so much flavor and so little work, it’s the perfect dish for any occasion, from dinners to parties. Give it a try, and I know you’ll fall in love with it.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp – This Cajun shrimp recipe is so easy to make in the air fryer, only uses a few ingredients, and is a quick and easy appetizer or side dish.
Air Fryer Chicken Kabobs – These chicken kabobs are a healthy and delicious, quick and easy, air fryer recipe made with tender chunks of chicken, pineapple chunks, two different bell peppers, seasoning and teriyaki sauce.
Pigs in a Blanket – These air fryer cheese pigs in a blanket are absolutely so easy to make and they taste great. The perfect snack or appetizer everyone devours when they are served.
And, here is a delicious Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe from Great Grub, Delicious Treats that you will definitely enjoy as well.
Air Fryer Chicken Flautas
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup chipotle ranch dressing
- ½ cup avocado ranch dressing
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4.3 ounce Hormel® original real crumbled bacon
- 18-20 flour tortillas, soft taco size
- In a medium pot, boil chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Drain. Add chicken to a medium bowl and shred.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan, or skillet, over medium heat.
- Sauté onions until translucent then add shredded chicken and seasonings. Stir to combine then add chipotle ranch and avocado ranch dressing. Stir and let cook for 3-4 additional minutes.
- Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels, 10 at a time, and place on a microwave safe plate.
- Heat for 30 seconds and set aside. Then after filling, heat the remaining tortillas.
- Add shredded cheese to over half of the tortilla followed by the shredded chicken and crumbled bacon down the center.
- Roll up tightly and place seam side down while filling the remaining tortillas.
- Preheat the air fryer at 390° for 2 minutes.
- Place 4 chicken flautas on the disposable liner in the air fryer basket.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray and air fry at 390° for 6 minutes, flip, lightly spray flautas again, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the air fryer basket and continue cooking the remaining flautas.
- Serve with additional ranch dressings or guacamole.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.