These simple air fryer sausage peppers and potatoes are a quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe bursting with flavor and color. Smoky bites of savory sausage and the colorful caramelized bell peppers and onions, along with the tender baby creamer potatoes and seasoning, creates a flavor combination that will be requested over and over again.
If you love easy recipes that come together quickly and are full of flavor, then this one is for you! I began making this recipe almost immediately after getting my first air fryer, and it’s been a staple in my recipe rotation ever since. This is a go-to for me because it is quick and easy, and the kids absolutely love it. I make this recipe regularly for my family. It’s just so quick, easy, and delicious! It’s the perfect recipe for a satisfying meal that doesn’t take a lot of effort.
Sausage Peppers and Potatoes
This recipe begins with baby creamer potatoes and smoked sausage that I toss with oil and Cajun seasoning. Then, I air fry them for a few minutes. After that, I add the onions and bell peppers and air fry for a few minutes more until the vegetables are perfectly tender, and the sausage is perfectly cooked. And that’s all there is to it! The entire process only takes about 25 to 30 minutes from start to finish, and when I’m all done, I have a delicious dish that’s perfect with a little bread or a side salad!
Why You’ll Love This Sausage Peppers and Potatoes Recipe
- The combination of savory, smoky sausage, sweet bell peppers, and onions creates an easy and tasty air fryer recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- It’s an easy meal that only requires minimal prep and can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
- Using the air fryer is on the healthier side versus pan-frying or deep-frying because less oil is used making this dish a lighter take on a classic comfort food recipe.
Sausage Peppers and Potatoes Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients that you can find in just about 10 minutes at your local grocery store. There’s nothing fancy here!
- Smoked sausage or kielbasa sausage
- Baby creamer potatoes
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- White onion
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Olive oil
The actual measurements and instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Sausage Peppers and Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Making this recipe is just about as easy as it gets. You just do a little tossing, and the air fryer does the rest. That’s all there is to it!
Step 1: Season the Potatoes and Sausage
Toss the potatoes with the olive oil in a large bowl. Then, sprinkle with the seasonings, add the sausage slices, and stir.
Step 2: Air Fry
Air fry the potatoes and sausage for 8 minutes at 375 degrees. Then, add the onions and peppers, stir, and air fry for another 5 minutes, or until tender. Enjoy!
- Preheat your air fryer for precise cooking times.
- Toss the potatoes with the oil first to ensure that all of their exterior is fully coated.
- Be sure to add the peppers and onions at the end of cooking to avoid mushy veggies.
- If you don’t have baby potatoes, just cube russet potatoes into small pieces.
- Use your favorite variety of smoked sausage or kielbasa sausage. Italian sausage, chicken sausage or turkey sausage works as well.
- For a kick of heat, try adding some red pepper flakes to the mix.
What to Serve with Sausage Peppers and Potatoes
This meal is perfect as-is with some crusty bread and butter, garlic bread, Texas toast, breadsticks, or a side salad.
Baby creamer potatoes work best for this dish. They produce the best texture when air-fried in this dish.
You can easily make this recipe in the oven. Simply place the sausage and potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Then, add the onions and peppers, and cook for another 15 minutes. It makes a delicious sheet pan dinner.
Any smoked sausage will work well for this recipe.
Sausage peppers and potatoes freeze very well and will last for up to 3 months in the freezer when stored correctly.
This recipe reheats very well, so you can make it in advance if you’d like. However, like most recipes, it’s at its absolute best when served fresh.
How to Store and Reheat Sausage Peppers and Potatoes Leftovers
Place the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat the dish, simply air fry it at 300 degrees until heated through.
Try This Delicious Air Fryer Sausage Peppers and Potatoes Recipe Today
This air fryer sausage peppers and potatoes recipe is as easy as it is delicious. With smoky sausage; tender potatoes, bell peppers, onions; and zesty seasonings, this recipe is loaded with flavor, and the best part is it only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. It’s a quick and easy dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Give it a try, and I know you’ll fall in love with it.
Sausage Peppers and Potatoes (Easy Air Fryer Recipe)
- 1 pound smoked sausage or kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1.5 pounds baby creamer potatoes, rinsed, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Toss potatoes and olive oil together in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and add sausage slices. Stir.
- Place the potatoes and sausage into the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 375° and 8 minutes. Stir, and add onion and peppers.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until vegetable are tender.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.