This air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus is a delicious and easy side dish recipe that is super flavorful and easy to make. The asparagus spears seasoned and are wrapped in bacon then cooked in the Air Fryer. The combination of salty bacon and buttery asparagus is hard to beat.
I mentioned in an earlier post that I’m a big fan of asparagus, so it should come as no surprise that I have another tasty asparagus recipe for all of you today. This is another relatively simple recipe that uses a few basic ingredients to deliver a big hit of flavor. I love making this recipe because it comes together quickly, and I can serve it with almost any main course from beef to seafood. It’s so good, so simple, and so fast. I mean, it doesn’t get better than that!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
This recipe starts with fresh asparagus spears that I wash and trim. Then, I season them with pepper and garlic powder. Finally, I group them into bundles of 4 to 5 spears, wrap them in bacon, and then air fry them until they’re tender and the bacon is crispy. It comes together in a matter of minutes, and it’s always so delicious. The crispy, smoky bacon pairs perfectly with the distinctive flavor of the asparagus for any occasion.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- They are quick and easy to make and only take about 15 minutes to cook and is a great side dish.
- It’s a healthy and delicious side dish. Asparagus is a low-calorie, high-fiber vegetable packed with nutrients. The bacon adds a touch of richness and flavor.
- It’s perfect for any occasion. It’s elegant enough to serve for a special occasion, but it’s also casual enough to serve for a weeknight meal.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Ingredients
It only takes four – FOUR – ingredients to make this recipe, and they’re all readily available at your local grocery store. It doesn’t get easier than that!
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus in the Air Fryer
Making this asparagus is just as easy as shopping for the ingredients. From prep to plating, it only takes a few minutes!
Step 1: Season the Asparagus
Lay the asparagus on a clean surface and sprinkle the spears with garlic powder and black pepper.
Step 2: Bundle and Wrap
Wrap bundles of 4 to 5 asparagus spears with a slice of bacon until all the asparagus is wrapped.
Step 3: Air Fryer
Place 4 asparagus bundles of the bacon wrapped spears in the air fryer basket, in a single layer, and cook at 390 for 10 minutes. Then, turn the bundles over and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. Repeat until all the asparagus is cooked. Enjoy!
- Be sure to use the freshest asparagus possible for the best flavor.
- Always preheat your air fryer for even cooking and accurate cooking time.
- The easiest way to season the asparagus is to lay it out flat and sprinkle the seasoning onto it.
- Add a little cayenne for a spicy kick.
- Use your favorite variety of bacon for this recipe. Any flavor and thickness will work.
- For a little zing, juice a lemon over the asparagus before wrapping it in the bacon.
What to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
This delicious asparagus recipe is perfect with all kinds of main courses. You can serve it with almost anything from beef to seafood. Any kind of meat cooked in any way will work with this delicious asparagus side.
The outside of the base of asparagus is woody, tough, and inedible. People snap those ends of the asparagus spears off because it’s the quickest way to remove the base. That being said, cutting off the ends or peeling the ends preserves more edible asparagus.
Generally speaking, it takes about 15 to 17 minutes in total to cook asparagus in the air fryer.
No. Bacon spatters in a skillet because it’s cooked directly on the heat, and the rendered fat pops due to the direct heat. Air fryers use indirect heat, so the bacon gets crispy, but it doesn’t spatter or pop.
Yes, it does. It cooks up just as crispy as it does in the pan.
Both methods work well, but air fryer cooking tends to yield crispier results.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
To reheat the asparagus bunches, air fry it for 2 to 3 minutes at 400 degrees.
Try This Delicious Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe Today
This air fryer bacon wrapped asparagus is full of flavor, not work. It only takes a few minutes, and you’ll be all done. You’ll also have some of the best asparagus you’ll ever have. The air fryer makes the asparagus tender crisp and makes for some of the crispiest bacon you’ll ever have without any of the splattery mess. Give this one a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
More Delicious Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
And, here is a Prosciutto Crescent Rolls with Asparagus that you will enjoy as well.
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Sprinkle seasonings over asparagus and wrap 4-5 pieces of asparagus with a slice of bacon, and repeat with the remaining bacon and asparagus.
- Place 4 bundles in the air fryer basket and cook at390° for 10 then turn over and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Repeat with remaining bundles.
- Carefully remove and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.