This quick and easy recipe for pepperoni pizza breadsticks is a tasty and fun twist on traditional breadsticks. The recipe calls for Pillsbury refrigerated breadstick dough, which makes this breadstick recipe easier than ever.
If you love pizza and you love breadsticks, then you’re going to be excited about this recipe. These pizza breadsticks have been a staple on our appetizer menu for several years now, and I don’t see that changing any time soon. These are a fun snack for the kids and their friends. When we make these, they are devoured instantly, they’re that good. These delicious breadsticks are great for all kinds of parties and potlucks, and are always a hit. I never have any leftovers, and you won’t either when you make them.
Pepperoni Pizza Breadsticks
These delicious breadsticks start with refrigerated Pillsbury breadstick dough. I make thin strips out of them, braid them and add pepperoni between the braids. Finally, I top the entire thing with diced jalapenos and mozzarella cheese and bake it to golden perfection. Then, I serve it with pizza sauce. Every bite is an explosion of spicy pizza goodness, and it’s always a big hit with everyone!
Why You’ll Love This Pepperoni Pizza Breadstick Recipe
- It only uses a few simple ingredients that are easily found at your local grocery store.
- It’s so delicious and so easy to make.
- It’s the perfect addition for pizza night or to add to an Italian feast.
Pepperoni Pizza Breadsticks Ingredients
You’ll only need 5 ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them all at your local grocery store. The actual measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. You can also click the “jump to recipe” button at the top of the post and it will take you right to the recipe.
- Refrigerated Pillsbury Breadsticks Original
- Hormel pepperoni minis
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Diced jalapenos, optional
- Pizza sauce or marinara sauce
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Breadsticks
Making this recipe is incredibly simple. In just a few minutes, you’ll have delicious, spicy pizza breadsticks that everyone will flip over.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Breadstick Bread
Unroll the breadsticks, separate them, and cut each one in half lengthwise. Take 3 of the thin strips and make a braid. Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process until all the strips have been braided and set on the baking sheet.
Step 3: Top
Place the mini pepperoni slices in the spaces where the strips meet to make the braid. Then, top with diced jalapenos and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Step 4: Bake
Bake the breadsticks for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve with pizza sauce and enjoy!
What to Serve with Pepperoni Pizza Breadsticks
These delicious breadsticks are perfect as an addition to your pizza night. They can also be paired with any of your favorite Italian dishes for a larger Italian-themed feast. Finally, these are excellent when served alongside any of your other favorite appetizers at parties and get-togethers.
- Use a very sharp knife when cutting the breadstick dough so it doesn’t get squished.
- Always wash your hands and never touch your face when handling hot peppers.
- Let the breadsticks cool to warm rather than hot before serving.
- Use your favorite pizza meats in place of pepperoni.
- Use your favorite shredded cheese for these breadsticks.
- Use your favorite brand of breadsticks for this recipe.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese for additional flavor.
Does cheese go on pizza before pepperoni?
Pepperoni and other toppings should go on the pizza after the cheese. This ensures that the meat and other toppings cook thoroughly without getting soggy. However, with this recipe the cheese will hold the pepperonis and jalapenos on the breadsticks.
What is the order of putting toppings on pizza?
First, add sauce to the crust. Then, top the sauce with the cheese. After that, add vegetable toppings, if any, like onions, mushrooms, and the like. Finally, add any meat toppings.
How long does pepperoni last in the fridge?
Pepperoni is a hard sausage and can be stored almost indefinitely in the refrigerator if unopened. Once opened, pepperoni can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Can you eat raw pepperoni?
Pepperoni is a cured sausage. Any microbes or other bacteria are killed during the curing process, and as such, pepperoni is perfectly safe to eat raw.
Can you freeze leftover pepperoni pizza breadsticks?
These breadsticks freeze well and will last for up to 3 months. Be aware that no breadsticks will be quite as soft and tender after being reheated, but they’re still tasty.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Pepperoni Pizza Breadsticks
Store these breadsticks in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
To reheat the breadsticks, place the breadsticks on a baking sheet and bake them for 7 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Try These Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Sticks Today
These pepperoni pizza breadsticks are full of flavor, not work. It only takes a few minutes of prep and a few minutes more of baking, and that’s it! Serve these cheesy, golden brown breadsticks full of pepperoni and cheese at any party or gathering, or simply make them for movie or game night. However and whenever you decide to share them, one thing’s for certain – everyone is going to love them. You will, too!
More Delicious Pizza Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza – This pizza has a creamy white sauce and loaded with chicken and bacon, then topped with ranch dressing.
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza – This delicious pizza has all the classic flavors and ingredients of Philly Cheesesteak but made into a rich and delicious, hearty pizza.
Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza – Loaded with several breakfast favorites, this breakfast pizza has a homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, lots of cheese and is a hearty breakfast pizza recipe the whole family will enjoy.
And, here are some Hot Italian Sausage Pizza Roll Ups, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, that you will surely enjoy as well.
Pepperoni Pizza Breadsticks
- 2 containers refrigerated Pillsbury Breadsticks Original
- 5 ounce Hormel pepperoni minis
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup diced jalapenos optional
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Unroll breadsticks, separate, and cut each breadstick in half lengthwise.
- Take three thin strips and make a braid.
- Place braided breadstick on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining breadsticks.
- Take the mini pepperonis and place in between in the braid. Top with diced jalapenos, if desired, and then top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, place on a serving plate and serve with pizza sauce.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.
Leave a Reply