Chicken bacon ranch pizza is loaded with delicious chicken and bacon and topped with ranch dressing. A homemade pizza crust and creamy white sauce come together with all that meat to create a pizza that is rich, delicious, and always satisfying.
If you’re like my family, you love pizza. Thin crust, deep dish, New York style, Detroit style, Chicago style – all the pizzas! They’re all absolutely delicious. I’m sure you’ve had your fair share of pizza over the years. You might have even had white pizza. But have you ever had chicken bacon ranch pizza? You probably haven’t, but I’m here today to change that. This pizza is loaded with flavors, and they’re all sitting on top of a homemade crust, delivering a crunchy bite that explodes with taste in every mouthful!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
This pizza takes the idea of the classic white pizza and cranks the flavor all the way to ten. You start out with a homemade dough that bakes up to crispy, golden brown perfection. Then you add a delicious white sauce of heavy cream, grated parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, and spices. Then, you move on to the toppings. Tender, juicy chicken, crispy bacon, and ranch dressing come together to create an absolute explosion of flavors.
It all works so well together, and it makes the perfect twist on pizza whenever you’re craving a pie. It’s quite easy to make, too. Although this recipe is completely homemade, you won’t need a lot of equipment, special techniques, and most importantly, time. It’s a recipe that comes together quickly, allowing you to serve up a delicious meal in no time at all.
This is a relatively straightforward recipe, but I do have a few tips here to help ensure that you make the best chicken bacon ranch pizza you possibly can. As with most easy recipes, these tips are more about execution than anything else. The steps in this recipe are very simple. You just need to know how to execute a few of them properly.
Use Fresh Yeast
Always use fresh yeast. It makes dough rise via the gas it gives off as it blooms. If the yeast is expired, then it’s probably dead and won’t do anything. Always use fresh to ensure that your dough rises properly.
Warm Water, Not Hot
Yeast needs warm water to wake up and begin to break down the sugars you give it to eat. However, it must be warm and not hot. If your water is hotter than luke warm, you could kill the yeast, and if the water is very hot, you will absolutely kill it.
Let the Yeast Bloom
Don’t be tempted to simply throw your yeast in the warm sugar water and then get right to making the dough. The yeast needs to bloom so it can do its job. Giving it warm water and sugar activates it. Let it bloom for about 10 minutes before making the dough.
Don’t Overwork the Dough
Unlike bread recipes, you don’t want to knead this pizza dough. You aren’t looking for a huge rise. You just want it to puff up a little. After mixing the dough, roll it into a tight ball and let it set for about 10 minutes. That’s it. Don’t knead it. You want to keep the gluten strands small so that the pizza dough rises just enough.
One of the great things about this pizza – or any pizza, for that matter – is how easy it is to change things up. This one recipe can be done in so many different ways that you can make a different pizza every time. It only takes a couple of tweaks to drastically change your pizza, creating something new whenever you like.
I love the combination of chicken and bacon on this pizza, but you could also use ham or sliced pork, too. Both of those pair very well with the white sauce and the ranch. I don’t recommend using beef, as I don’t think it pairs as well with the ingredients, here, but that’s just personal preference. You can always give it a try.
I use mozzarella and parmesan cheese for this pizza, but you can use any white cheese you like. Almost all white cheese tends to melt very well, so give any of your favorites a try for this recipe. Some of my favorite white cheese that I think would be great with this pizza include:
- Monterey Jack
Add Some Heat
You might have noticed that this chicken bacon ranch pizza doesn’t have my usual spicy kick to it. However, if you love heat, feel free to add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the white sauce for this pizza. It’s delicious and adds a nice kick to the creaminess of the recipe.
Storing Bacon Ranch Pizza
This pizza will keep well in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for about three or four days. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to two months. To freeze the pizza, allow it to chill in the refrigerator, and then wrap it tightly in a layer of cling wrap and then a layer of aluminum foil.
Try This Bacon Ranch Pizza Today
This bacon ranch pizza is one of the most delicious variations of white pizza you’ll ever eat. From the cheesy, ranch flavor sauce to the crispy bacon, and everything in between, this is a recipe that everyone loves. One bite and everyone will be hooked. Give this recipe a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making it again and again!
Ingredients to make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- Active dry yeast
- Bread flour
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- Chicken breasts (can use rotisserie chicken)
- Fresh spinach
- Mozzarella cheese
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Dry ranch seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Additional toppings (optional) green onion, tomatoes, other vegetables
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
Prepare the homemade pizza dough – Preheat the oven to 450°. In a medium bowl, mix yeast and sugar with warm water. Stir to dissolve and let bloom for 10 minutes. Stir in flour, oil, and salt. Mix until fully combined. Roll dough into a tight ball and rest for 5-10 minutes. Transfer dough to a well-floured surface and stretch into a large circle. Lightly brush olive oil over the dough and use a fork to poke holes in the dough. Lightly flour a pizza pan and place dough on top. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
For the pizza toppings – In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add diced bacon and cook until brown and crispy. Remove bacon pieces and set aside. In the same skillet, over medium heat, melt butter and add in diced chicken. Sprinkle garlic salt, Slap Ya Mama®, and pepper over chicken and stir to evenly coat. Stirring often, cook chicken pieces until no more pink and pieces are completely cooked through. Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
Prepare the ranch sauce – In a large saucepan, add heavy cream and milk. Stir and bring to a boil. Add grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and well incorporated. Pour in dry ranch seasoning and other seasonings. Stir well, reduce heat, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
How to assemble the pizza – Spread sauce over pizza crust. Sprinkle 2 cups of grated mozzarella on top of the cheese and spread evenly to cover the entire crust. Evenly place spinach onto pizza and add chicken pieces. Sprinkle bacon pieces all over and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and drizzle with ¼ cup ranch dressing. Slice into 8 pieces and serve immediately.
Try This Delicious Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza Today
Here are a few more delicious recipes that can be found on the blog:
You can also try this Spinach Artichoke Alfredo Pizza from Great Grub Delicious Treats.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
For the crust:
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2½ cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the toppings:
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 2½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup spinach leaves
For the sauce:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup mozzarella, grated
- 1 package dry ranch seasoning
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a medium bowl, mix yeast and sugar with warm water. Stir to dissolve and let bloom for 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, oil, and salt. Mix until fully combined.
- Roll dough into a tight ball and rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a well-floured surface and stretch into a large circle.
- Lightly brush olive oil over the dough and use a fork to poke holes in the dough.
- Lightly flour a pizza pan and place the dough on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
For the toppings:
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add diced bacon and cook until brown and crispy. Remove bacon from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, melt butter and add in diced chicken.
- Sprinkle garlic salt, slap ya mama and pepper over chicken and stir to evenly coat.
- Stirring often, cook chicken until no longer pink and is completely cooked through.
- Remove chicken from heat and set aside.
For the sauce:
- In a large saucepan, add heavy cream and milk. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add grated parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted and well incorporated.
- Pour in dry ranch seasoning, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper. Stir well, reduce heat, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
To assemble the pizza:
- Spread sauce over pizza crust.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of grated mozzarella over sauce and spread evenly to cover the entire crust.
- Evenly place spinach onto the pizza and add chicken. Sprinkle bacon pieces all over and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Slice into 8 pieces and serve immediately.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.