This delicious sausage gravy breakfast pizza combines several favorite breakfast foods into one hearty breakfast pizza that is loaded with homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and shredded cheddar cheese.
Do you like breakfast? Of course, you do. Do you like pizza? This is also a resounding yes, I’m sure. Well, then you’re going to love this breakfast pizza. It’s a breakFEAST on a pizza slice, and it will make any belly happy. I just recently started making this breakfast pizza after snagging my billionth slice from the local gas station while I rushed to an appointment. As I raced away, chomping on my slice that was good enough but not exactly high-quality eats, I realized that I could make that very thing in my own kitchen and make it so much better, as well. And that’s just what I did.
Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza
If you’ve ever had gas station breakfast pizza, then you’ll have a loose idea of what my breakfast pizza is all about. I say “loose” because my pizza is infinitely better than anything you’ll get at the corner. It starts with a pre-made pizza crust to make things easier. Then, I top it with sausage gravy for the sauce. After that, I load it up with scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese and bake it to golden, cheesy perfection. It’s literally a slice of breakfast, and it’s the best thing you’ve ever tried. I guarantee it.
Why You’ll Love This Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- It’s fully loaded with homemade sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, and lots of cheese.
- It’s a fun breakfast recipe that the kids and family will enjoy.
- It’s a nice change for breakfast, and it uses simple ingredients that are easily found at the local grocery store.
Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza
This hearty breakfast pizza only uses simple ingredients that you’d use for any other breakfast. You can find everything easily at your local grocery store, but most of it is probably in your kitchen right now.
- Pillsbury classic pizza crust
- Breakfast sausage
- All purpose flour
- Whole milk
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Large eggs
How to Make Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza
Making this pizza is a very straightforward affair. If you’ve ever made a big breakfast, you can make this pizza with no issues.
Step 1: Pre-Bake the Crust
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the pizza crust on the baking sheet and pre-bake for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Make the Sausage Gravy
Cook sausage over medium heat in a large skillet until done. Drain the grease and return the sausage to the pan. Then, add butter to the skillet and melt. Sprinkle flour over the sausage, stir, and cook for a couple of minutes. Finally, pour milk into the skillet, stir, and cook until thickened to your desired gravy consistency. Pour into a medium bowl and set aside.
Step 3: Make the Scrambled Eggs
Add a tablespoon of butter to the same skillet and pour in the whisked eggs. Cook until almost done.
Step 4: Make the Pizza
Brush melted butter on the edges of the pizza. Then, spoon the sausage gravy over the dough and top with the scrambled eggs. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the top and bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- It’s important that you pre-bake the crust so it’s fully cooked after baking the pizza.
- Stop cooking your eggs when they look firm but still glossy and a bit wet. They’ll finish cooking in the oven.
- Using the same skillet for the eggs that you used for the gravy gives you even more flavor.
- Try adding breakfast veggies like diced bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
- If you’re feeling fancy, you can make this pizza with homemade pizza dough.
- For an added kick of flavor and heat, try adding a bit of cayenne or red pepper flakes to the eggs.
What to Serve with Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza
There’s no need to serve anything other than a glass of milk or a cup of coffee with this recipe. In fact, it’s so hearty that if you tried, you’d probably pop! This is a big, big breakfast! The only thing you might want to serve alongside this is some fresh fruit.
What kind of sausage is on sausage pizza?
Traditional pizza uses Italian sausage. Breakfast pizza uses breakfast sausage.
What is breakfast pizza made of?
Breakfast pizza is made of a pizza crust topped with breakfast food, generally gravy in place of pizza sauce, along with items like sausage, eggs, peppers, and onions.
Can you freeze leftover breakfast pizza?
Yes, you can. It will keep for up to 2 months in the freezer.
How to Store and Reheat Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza
Store this breakfast pizza in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to a month in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat the pizza, place a slice on a microwave-safe plate and heat at 1-minute intervals until heated through.
Try This Delicious Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza
This sausage gravy breakfast pizza is full of everything you could ever want in a hearty breakfast, and it’s all served up in pizza form. Does it get better than that? No. The answer is no. This delicious breakfast pizza will satisfy everyone in the family, and it’s so easy to make. With a combo like that, I know you’ll be making it again and again!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Hash Brown Breakfast Cups – These breakfast cups are made with breakfast sausage, hash browns, eggs, cheese, seasonings and are the perfect grab-n-go breakfast recipe everyone will enjoy.
Crescent Roll Breakfast – A hearty and delicious breakfast recipe made with bacon, eggs and cheese stuffed into flaky crescent rolls. An easy breakfast meal that will be requested often.
Sausage, Egg and Cheese Crescent Ring – This buttery, flaky crescent ring is filled with breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheese, and makes the perfect breakfast.
And, here is a Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich from Great Grub, Delicious Treats that you will enjoy as well.
Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza
- 1 Pillsbury classic pizza crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll pizza crust and pre-bake pizza dough for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat, cook breakfast sausage until done. Drain grease and return to the pan.
- Add butter to sausage and melt. Sprinkle flour over the sausage. Stir and cook for a couple minutes.
- Gently pour milk into sausage and add seasonings. Stir. Continue stirring until the gravy has thickened and is the desired consistency. Pour into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add a tablespoon of butter, and pour in the whisked eggs and cook until almost done.
- Brush melted tablespoon of butter on edges of pizza.
- Spoon sausage gravy over pizza dough followed by scrambled egg mixture. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cut into desired pieces and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.