This Chicken Caesar Bowtie Pasta Salad is loaded with crisp romaine lettuce, tender rotisserie chicken, crispy bacon, bowtie pasta, shredded Parmesan cheese, Caesar croutons and topped with creamy Caesar dressing. A hearty and delicious salad recipe.
If you’re looking for a pasta salad that’s a bit different from the traditional dish, then you’ve found it here. This tasty pasta salad is loaded with the classic flavors of chicken Caesar salad! Unlike many of my recipes, this isn’t one that I’ve been making for years, but it will be. I started making this pasta salad last year. I first made it for a summer party, and since then, I’ve made it several times. It’s a delicious dish that’s perfect as a potluck side or a main dish for dinner, and it’s so quick and easy to make!
Chicken Caesar Bowtie Pasta Salad
This pasta salad is absolutely overflowing with flavor. A base of bowtie pasta is combined with Caesar dressing, chicken, romaine lettuce, bacon, croutons, and cheese to create a pasta salad that’s different from the traditional side but still retains all of its sensibilities. Every bite explodes with Caesar salad flavor, and the bowtie pasta makes a great starting point and the perfect vehicle to hold all of that Caesar goodness.
Why You’ll Love This Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad Recipe
- With pasta, chicken, bacon, and more, it’s a hearty, filling, and delicious dish.
- This pasta salad is so easy to make, getting you in and out of the kitchen in no time.
- Everyone always loves it. No matter where I serve this pasta salad, it goes fast!
What to Serve with Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
If you’re serving this pasta salad as a dinner, I wouldn’t recommend serving anything other than some bread with it. It’s already so hearty and filling, anything more would be too much. However, if you’re serving this as part of a larger meal where people take a little bit of everything some great options are:
- Crusty bread with butter
- Mixed vegetables
- Beef roast
- Pork roast
- Baked beans
- Mac and cheese
- BBQ chicken
The great thing about pasta salad is how easy it is to play with. Even this very specific recipe can be tweaked to make it taste exactly as you’d like. These are all easy twists that can help you make a slightly different pasta salad every time.
- Use different pasta for the base of this salad. Rotini, elbow, and any other short noodle will work well for this dish.
- Add your favorite classic Caesar salad veggies like cherry or grape tomatoes and diced cucumbers.
- Add anchovies! They’re a classic Caesar salad addition, and they’re so good.
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad FAQ
If you have questions about this chicken Caesar pasta salad, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this dish.
What’s in chicken Caesar pasta salad?
This type of pasta salad usually contains pasta, chicken, romaine lettuce, Caesar dressing, parmesan cheese, and sometimes other add-ins like cherry tomatoes and anchovies.
Can you make chicken Caesar pasta salad in advance?
Yes! This pasta salad will keep for up to five days, and the longer the ingredients are combined, the more the flavors meld.
How long will chicken pasta salad with bacon last?
It will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Where does Caesar salad come from?
Many people think that this salad is named after Julius Caesar, but it isn’t. It’s actually named after Caesar Cardini, an Italian chef. This salad was actually invented at his restaurant in Mexico when he ran short on ingredients and used what he had on hand to make it.
How to Store Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad
Store your leftover pasta salad in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Chicken Caesar Bowtie Pasta Salad Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this delicious pasta salad. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Bowtie pasta
- Hearts of Romaine, chopped
- Rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Bacon, cooked, crispy, crumbled
- Caesar croutons
- Caesar dressing
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
How to Make Chicken Caesar Bowtie Pasta Salad
In just a handful of easy steps, you’ll have a delicious pasta salad that everyone will love. It’s so easy!
Step 1: Cook the Pasta
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside in a large bowl.
Step 2: Cook the Bacon
Cook the bacon until crispy. Then, place it on a plate lined with paper towels. After it cools, crumble it up and set aside.
Step 3: Cut the Lettuce and Shred the Chicken
Cut the lettuce into 1-inch pieces and shred the rotisserie chicken. Add both to the bowl of pasta.
Step 4: Construct the Salad
Pour Caesar dressing over the salad and toss to coat the noodles and lettuce. Then, sprinkle it all with parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon. Top with croutons, toss, and serve.
Try This Delicious Chicken Caesar Bowtie Pasta Salad Today
This easy, delicious chicken Caesar bowtie pasta salad takes traditional pasta salad to a totally new place. Loaded with all the flavors we love in Caesar salad, this tasty pasta salad is hearty, full of flavor, and so simple. Serve it as a side dish at a large gathering or as a complete meal at home. Once you give it a try, I know you’ll find yourself making it again and again!
Looking for More Pasta Salad Recipes to Enjoy
BLT Avocado Pasta Salad – This salad has all the delicious flavors of a BLT in a salad. Bacon, avocado, tomato, lettuce, cheese and pasta combined for a hearty salad recipe.
Bow Tie Pasta Salad – This pasta salad is loaded with bow tie pasta, pepperoni, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, two types of cheese and Olive Garden’s signature Italian dressing.
Macaroni Salad – And this delicious macaroni salad is the perfect side dish for so many meals, backyard barbecues, potlucks, family get-togethers or just because you are craving macaroni salad.
And, here is a Bow Tie Pasta Tuna Salad from Great Grub, Delicious Treats that you might enjoy too!
Chicken Caesar Bowtie Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 3 hearts of Romaine, chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 12 oz package bacon crispy, crumbled
- 5 ounce bag Caesar croutons
- 16 ounces Caesar dressing
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, shredded
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta, rinse with cold water, and set aside in a large bowl.
- Cook bacon until crispy. Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Once cool, crumble and set aside.
- Cut hearts of Romaine into 1 inch pieces and shred rotisserie chicken then add to the large bowl with pasta.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to fully coat noodles and lettuce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bacon and top with croutons. Toss to combine.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards.