These delicious brisket sliders are the perfect quick and easy recipe to make using leftover smoked brisket. Not that you plan for leftover brisket, but just incase you end up with some, this is the perfect recipe to enjoy.
Sliders are one of my favorite sandwiches to serve for lunch, dinner, or appetizers at parties. They just work so well in any setting. While sliders used to just beef made with beef patties, these days, we all put just about anything on them. I’ve made all kinds of sliders from chicken to pulled pork. One of my favorites is this brisket version. I make it almost every time I have brisket leftovers.
This delicious slider recipe starts with slider buns that I toast on the inside with mayo. Then, I add sliced cheese and brisket and bake them to golden, melty perfection. Finally, I top the beef with coleslaw right before serving and watch everyone devour them. They’re the perfect summertime lunch, dinner, or appetizer. And because they only use a few ingredients and leftover brisket, they’re as easy for me to make as they are delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Brisket Sliders Recipe
- The combination of flavors from the smoked leftover brisket and the creamy coleslaw with the toasted slider bun is simply irresistible.
- They are so easy to make using the leftover brisket so there is no need to cook anything from scratch.
- They are great for parties, potlucks. a quick lunch or dinner recipe, or a midday snack.
Brisket Sliders Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Leftover sliced brisket (cut to fit bun size)
- Sharp cheddar cheese (use more if desired)
- Brioche slider buns
- Dole® creamy coleslaw salad kit
- Melted butter
How to Make Brisket Sliders
It doesn’t get much easier than this recipe. A little toasting and baking is pretty much all it takes! The entire process takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
Step 1: Toast the Buns
Heat a large frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Then, spread mayonnaise on the inside of the top and bottom buns. Place them mayo-side down on the griddle and toast until golden. Place the bottom buns on a baking sheet.
Step 2: Top and Bake
Add sliced cheese to each bottom bun, then add the sliced brisket followed by the top bun. Bake the sliders for 10 minutes at 375. Remove the sliders and brush the buns with melted butter.
Step 3: Serve with Coleslaw
Before serving, remove the top buns and add a heaping spoonful of coleslaw. Replace the top bun and enjoy!
- You only need a thin layer of mayo on the buns to get a golden, toasty result.
- Place the cheese on the bottom bun so you can remove the top to add the coleslaw.
- Toast your buns on medium heat and no higher. Don’t try to rush it with higher heat, the buns will just burn.
- You can use butter to toast the buns.
- Shred your brisket and mix it with BBQ sauce for BBQ sliders.
- Your favorite cheese will work well for these sliders.
- I love brioche slider buns, but any will work.
- Make larger brisket sandwiches by using Texas toast.
- For a kick of extra flavor and heat, add diced jalapenos to the coleslaw mix.
- Try adding diced banana peppers to the coleslaw mix.
What to Serve with Brisket Sliders
Sliders are a classic dinner both indoors and out. You’ll find them on tables at all kinds of parties, backyard BBQs, and the like. So it should come as no surprise that the best sides to pair with them are summertime classics. Some great options include:
- Baked beans
- Mac and cheese
- Potato salad
- French fries
- Potato wedges
- Tater tots
- Sweet potato fries
- Potato chips
- Your favorite appetizers like jalapeno poppers or pigs in a blanket
Brisket pairs well with a wide variety of flavors. Almost anything will go well with brisket, depending on how it’s prepared. Some great options include:
Mac and cheese
Brisket used to be a relatively cheap cut of meat, but those days are over. These days, you can expect to pay anywhere from $8.00 to $10.00 per pound for this cut of beef.
You need three things for a really good brisket – low temperature, a long time to cook it, and moisture. Load up your smoker with soaked wood, cook your brisket over low heat for several hours – usually all day for a large brisket, and spray it with water, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, or another liquid every 30 minutes after cooking for 2 hours.
These sliders can be reheated, but they’re the best when served fresh and hot. You can mix the prepared coleslaw up to a day before making the sliders, but I recommend making the rest of the recipe when ready to serve.
You can. They’ll last for up to 3 months in the freezer when stored properly.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Brisket Sliders
Refrigerate these sliders for up to 4 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, you can freeze them wrapped individually in clingwrap and place inside an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag for up to 3 months.
To reheat the sliders, place them on a baking sheet, lightly tent them with foil, and bake at 350 until heated through.
Try This Delicious Brisket Slider Recipe Today
If you like sliders, then you’re going to love these brisket sliders. With tender beef, melty cheese, crispy coleslaw, and toasted buns, it’s the best backyard BBQ eat you can serve, and it’s so easy to make, you’ll love it as much as everyone else. Give this one a try, and you’ll never look at sliders the same way again!
More Delicious Leftover Brisket Recipes You’ll Enjoy
These Pulled Pork Sliders recipe that is made with leftover pulled pork, cheese, and topped with coleslaw. The perfect leftover pulled pork recipe that whole family will enjoy.
- In a large frying pan or a griddle, heat over medium heat.
- Spread mayonnaise on both top and bottom buns and place mayonnaise side down in the hot pan or on the hot griddle. Toast until golden then remove and place bottom buns on a baking sheet.
- Place sliced cheese on the bottom buns, followed by sliced brisket and top with the top buns.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 375°.
- Remove from the oven, top the slider buns with melted butter.
- Before serving, add a heaping spoonful of prepared coleslaw on top of the brisket, then replace the top bun, and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.