Pulled pork sliders are a quick and easy leftover pulled pork recipe that can be made in less than 30 minutes. Toasted slider buns are covered with sharp cheddar cheese and pulled pork, baked, and then topped with coleslaw. These make a delicious, quick lunch or dinner everyone will enjoy.
I love making pulled pork, and I don’t just mean BBQ pulled pork. I mean tender, juicy, fall-apart pork with OR without any sauce on it at all. See, the thing about pulled pork is that you can sauce it up however you like even after it’s cooked. So if you leave it alone in the beginning, you can do so much with the leftovers. When you make it simple, you can add it to everything from tacos and fajitas to sliders like the ones I’m sharing with you today.
Pulled Pork Sliders
These sliders start with leftover pulled pork that I heat until warm. Then, I sandwich the pork and cheddar cheese between toasted slider buns and bake until the buns are soft and hot, the cheese is melty, and the pork is toasty. Finally, I add coleslaw and serve for a fully backyard barbecue meal that everyone can hold in their hands! They have everything we love about a good cookout in each and every bite, and they’re so easy to make.
Why You’ll Love This Pulled Pork Slider Recipe
- These sliders are so easy to make using only a few ingredients, with leftover pulled pork as the main ingredient.
- The flavor combination of the pulled pork mixed with the melted cheese and coleslaw is simply irresistible.
- They are a great recipe to use up leftover pulled pork.
Pulled Pork Sliders Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make this recipe. Seriously. It takes five ingredients, and that’s it. They’re all basic ingredients, too, so you’ll find all of them either in your kitchen or at the grocery store. You won’t be searching Amazon for anything special with these sliders.
- Leftover pulled pork
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Brioche slider buns or Hawaiian rolls
- Coleslaw mix
- Melted butter
How to Make Pulled Pork Sliders
Making this recipe is a snap. It only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, and that’s on the high side of things!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and heat the pulled pork over medium-low heat in a small saucepan until warm.
Step 2: Toast the Buns
Butter the insides of the slider buns and toast them butter-side down over medium heat until golden.
Step 3: Make the Sliders
Place the bottom buns on a baking sheet. Then, top them with pulled pork and a slice of cheddar cheese. Add the top buns.
Step 4: Bake
Bake the sliders for 10 to 12 minutes until the cheese melts.
Step 5: Serve
Remove the sliders from the oven, remove the top buns, add coleslaw to each slider, and replace the top buns. Brush the top of the buns with melted butter and enjoy!
- Add a little water to the pork so it doesn’t dry out while warming.
- Remove the pulled pork from the saucepan with tongs so the excess liquid doesn’t make your buns soggy.
- Grill your buns on medium heat and no higher. That’s the sweet spot for golden toasting and no burning.
- You can use leftover shredded chicken, brisket, or pot roast for these sliders.
- Add your favorite barbecue sauce to the pork for BBQ pulled pork sliders.
- For some southwestern flair, add diced jalapenos to the pulled pork.
- Use different cheeses like, mozzarella, Swiss, provolone, pepper jack, they all work well on these sliders.
What to Serve with Pulled Pork Sliders
These sliders embody everything we love about the classic cookout, so it should come as no surprise that they’re delicious with classic cookout sides like:
- French fries
- Sweet potato fries
- Potato wedges
- Tater tots
- Onion rings
- Potato salad
- Baked beans
- Potato chips
Other Toppings for Pulled Pork Sliders
Coleslaw is the classic topping for any pulled pork sandwich, but there are other delicious toppings that work very well with the pork flavor. Try:
- Fried onion rings
- Caramelized onions
- Pickled vegetables
- Yellow slaw
- Jalapenos or pickled jalapenos
Pork shoulder is the best cut of pork for pulled pork. It has the perfect amount of fat and connective tissue to make all that meat succulent, juicy, and shreddably tender when you cook it low and slow.
Brioche slider buns or Hawaiian rolls are best. They’re light and fluffy on the inside, toast to perfection on the outside, and let the filling be the star of the show.
I don’t recommend baking these sliders in advance. You can reheat them, but they’re never as good as they are when they’re fresh from the oven. They cook so quickly, you should have no problem making them before you’re ready to serve them.
I don’t recommend freezing leftover baked sliders, however, you can freeze the pulled pork for use in sliders or your other favorite dishes later. It will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Pulled Pork Sliders
Refrigerate leftover sliders for up to 3 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, you can freeze the pulled pork itself for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
Remove the top buns and take the coleslaw off of the sandwiches. Then, add the buns and baked the sliders at 350 until heated through. Add the coleslaw once more and serve.
Try This Delicious and Easy Pulled Pork Slider Recipe Today
These pulled pork sliders are a taste of summer in every bite, and they’re ridiculously easy to make. With that combo, you can’t go wrong! Full of pulled pork, cheese, and coleslaw sandwiched between two toasted slider buns, these are going to be a hit no matter where you serve them. Give them a try, and I know they’ll be your new favorite way to use up leftover pulled pork.
More Delicious Slider Recipes You’ll Enjoy
These Grilled Chicken Sliders are an easy and delicious slider recipe made with tender, juicy chicken breasts, cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced tomato on toasted slider buns.
Pulled Pork Sliders
- 2 cups leftover pulled pork
- 6 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 brioche slider buns or Hawaiian rolls
- 7.6 ounce coleslaw salad kit
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare coleslaw according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat pulled pork until warm (add BBQ sauce if desired)..
- Using a griddle or large frying pan, butter both insides pieces of the slider buns and toast, buttered side down, over medium heat until golden.
- Place bottom toasted buns on a baking sheet.
- Top buns with cheese slices.
- Spoon pulled pork over the cheese slices.
- Replace top buns, brush with melted butter, and bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and remove top buns.
- Add prepared coleslaw over the pulled pork and replace top buns.
- Brush with remaining melted butter and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.