These easy pumpkin swirl cheesecake bars combine two favorite recipes in one, pumpkin pie and cheesecake, and has a buttery graham cracker crust for the perfect fall dessert recipe.
I love pumpkin bars, and I love cheesecake bars. So it only made sense to combine them into one delicious dessert. After all, pumpkin bars are topped with cream cheese frosting, right? That’s right, so we already know that pumpkin and cheesecake work. Over the years, I’ve made more than my fair share of both kinds of bars, and although they’re delicious, if you make anything long enough, it starts to get boring. That’s why I decided to combine them into one bar. These are delicious bars are perfect for desserts, afternoon snacking, potlucks, or after-school snacks for the kids. AND they’re always a hit. No matter when or where you serve them, everyone loves them, and you’ll rarely have leftovers.
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
These delicious pumpkin bars start with a simple graham cracker crust that’s sweet and buttery. Then, it’s topped with a swirl of pumpkin and cheesecake fillings for a treat that looks as pretty as it tastes delicious. The entire thing comes together in just a few minutes, too. In fact, the hardest part of this recipe is waiting for the bars to bake and chill before serving them! Every bite is loaded with pumpkin pie and cheesecake flavors, and if you can get that combo quickly and easy, that’s a big, big win!
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- They’re a delicious cheesecake treat that’s so easy to make.
- They combine cheesecake and pumpkin into one delicious dessert.
- They’re a favorite fall dessert and the best pumpkin cheesecake bars.
- Be sure your cream cheese is fully softened before making the cheesecake filling. Otherwise, you’ll end up with bits of pure cream cheese in the batter.
- When swirling your bar batter, be sure you make the path with the edge of your knife to keep the swirl clean.
- Don’t overcook your bars. The middle should be slightly jiggly. DO NOT try to cook it until firm.
- Try making a sweet potato version of this recipe for another classic fall treat.
- Make swirled Oreo cheesecake bars by replacing the graham crackers with Oreos and doubling the cheesecake batter, adding cocoa to half and leaving the other half plain.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
These cheesecake bars are delicious with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. Some other great ways to serve them include as dessert after almost any kind of beef, chicken, or pork dinner. You can also pair it with:
- Mixed fruit
- Other cream cheese desserts as a tray
- Other pie and fruit desserts at parties
Can these cheesecake bars be made in advance?
Absolutely. The longer they chill, the better they taste. Feel free to make them the day before you want to serve them.
How do you keep cheesecake from cracking?
- Don’t overmix the ingredients. Mix until combined but no further to avoid adding too much air to the batter.
- Don’t overbake your cheesecake. Cheesecake is meant to be jiggly in the center when done. Trying to bake the jiggle out will dry out the cheesecake.
- Use a water bath while baking to keep the cheesecake from drying out and cracking.
How long will cheesecake bars last in the fridge?
You can store these bars in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can you freeze pumpkin cheesecake bars?
Yes, you can. They’ll keep for up to a month in the freezer.
How to Store Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Store these bars in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. For longer storage, wrap the bars in a double layer of plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze them for up to a month in an airtight, freezer-safe container. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make these bars. You’ll find everything you need easily at your local grocery store.
- Graham crackers or graham cracker crumbs
- Butter, melted
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Ground cinnamon
- All purpose flour
- Full fat cream cheese
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
This fancy looking recipe is actually very easy to make. It only takes a few simple steps to make!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Crust
Combine the crust ingredients in a medium bowl. Then, press it evenly into the baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Then let it cool completely.
Step 3: Make the Cream Cheese Mixture
Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Then, add the vanilla and salt, and mix again. Finally, beat in the eggs one at a time until fully combined.
Step 4: Make the Pumpkin Mixture
Beat the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon until combined in a medium bowl. Then, add ¼ cup of the cream cheese mixture, mix until combined making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Step 5: Add the Mixtures to the Dish
Alternate adding a scoop of each mixture to the dish until all the filling is added. Then, use a sharp knife or toothpick and swirl the two mixtures together.
Step 6: Bake
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes until the edges are set but the middle is still jiggly.
Step 7: Chill
Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack and let cool. Then chill completely. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Try These Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars Today
These delicious pumpkin cheesecake bars combine two classic flavors to create one of the best fall desserts you’ll ever have. It’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Give it a try, and I know you’ll fall in love with it immediately. So will your friends and family!
More Easy Pumpkin Desserts
Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – This delicious pumpkin cake has all the fall flavors, spiced perfectly and topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting.
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes – These delicious and festive cheesecakes combine two favorite in one, a creamy cheesecake layer and a pumpkin pie layer over a graham cracker crust.
Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread – Always a favorite fall dessert, this monkey bread recipe is perfect for all the pumpkin spice lovers out there.
And, here is a delicious Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding from Great Grub, Delicious Treats you will enjoy too!
Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake Bars
For the Pumpkin Filling
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix crust ingredients until combined. Press the crust mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, beat pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon until incorporated.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add in vanilla and salt and mix until well incorporated.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully combined.
- Take ¼ cup of cream cheese mixture and add it to the pumpkin mixture.
- Now, add scoops of each mixture (alternating between the two) until all of the filling is added to the dish.
- Using a sharp knife or toothpick, swirl the cream cheese mixture and the pumpkin mixture together.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until the edges are set but the middle is still jiggly.
- Cool and chill completely before serving.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.