This sweet and sticky pumpkin spice monkey bread is the perfect fall dessert recipe. Each bite of pumpkin spice crescent dough is completely coated in cinnamon, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice, with a delicious pumpkin sauce, and baked to perfection, then drizzled with an incredible pumpkin spice icing.
I’m a big, big fan of pumpkin spice when fall rolls around. Well, let me roll that back. I’m a big fan of homemade pumpkin spice recipes when fall arrives. I just love the flavors and how well they pair with the cozy feeling of crisp breezes, falling leaves, and blankets. Oh, it’s fantastic. I’m also a fan of monkey bread. It’s sweet and delicious, and it always hits the spot. Recently, I decided to combine the two and make this delicious combination of monkey bread and pumpkin spice, and it is an absolute winner. I love to make this for family and friends when I know they’re coming over, but I also make it simply to have on hand for snacking. It’s so good, there’s never a wrong time to make it. After you try it, I’m sure you’ll feel the same way, too!
Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread
This delicious monkey bread is everything we love about the classic pull-apart dessert with a pumpkin spice twist. It starts with crescent rolls. Then, I combine them with pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and sweet pumpkin sauce. After it’s all baked to ooey gooey perfection, I top it with a simple pumpkin vanilla glaze that completes the fall flavor profile. It’s all done quickly and easily, and when it’s out of the oven, you won’t find a more delicious sweet treat. It’s perfect for desserts, snacks, afterschool munching, or as an addition to any potluck or holiday get-together.
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread
- It’s super easy to make and uses simple ingredients.
- It’s a delicious fall recipe the whole family will love.
- Almost EVERYONE loves pumpkin spice and that delicious pumpkin spice flavor!
- Always spray your dish with nonstick spray. This is a recipe that can and will stick otherwise.
- Drizzle the icing over the monkey bread while it’s warm so it can cover the top and drip down the sides.
- Remove the monkey bread as soon as the edges are browned. You want the bread golden and cooked through but not burned.
- You can use biscuit dough in place of crescent roll dough.
- Try adding raisins to the bread. It’s delicious!
- Serve the icing on the side as a dipping sauce.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread
Monkey bread is delicious with milk or coffee. In addition, it makes a great dessert after almost any Americana meal like burgers, chicken, pork chops, or beef. Also, it’s a fantastic addition to any dessert table, and can be served with all of your favorite sweet treats.
Why do they call it monkey bread?
Monkey bread gets its name for a bit of a gross reason. The bread is eaten by picking it apart with your hands, and many people think it looks similar to monkeys grooming one another.
Where does monkey bread come from?
This dessert was first introduced to America in the 1880s when Hungarian immigrants brought the dish with them when they immigrated to the USA. It was then that Hungarian and Hungarian Jewish bakeries began selling it.
What is pumpkin spice monkey bread?
It’s simply a pumpkin bread recipe to which pumpkin spice is added for that classic fall flavor.
Can monkey bread be made in advance?
It sure can. Follow the recipe directions for making the bread, then cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake it.
Does monkey bread need to be refrigerated?
Most monkey bread recipes do not have to be refrigerated, especially if it will be eaten in a few days.
Can you freeze pumpkin spice monkey bread?
Absolutely. It freezes very well and will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Store Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread
You can store pumpkin bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can place it in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze it in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread Ingredients
It only takes a few basic ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find most of them in your kitchen, and any you don’t have are readily available at your local grocery store.
- Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
- Ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Pumpkin puree
- Light brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Pumpkin Bread
It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps to make this recipe. Like all monkey bread recipes, it’s super easy, and even beginners can make it.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a deep pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Pumpkin Spice Mixture
In a small bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together.
Step 3: Make the Dough Balls
Cut each crescent roll triangle in half and roll each half into a ball. Place the balls into a bowl.
Step 4: Coat the Dough Balls
Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the dough balls and toss until all pieces are evenly coated. Then, place them in the prepared pie dish in a single layer.
Step 5: Make the Pumpkin Sauce
In a medium bowl, mix the melted butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and cinnamon together until combined. Then, pour the mixture over the crescent balls. Spread it evenly to coat all the dough.
Step 6: Bake
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until the edges are brown and the dough is completely baked through.
Step 7: Make the Icing
While the bread is baking, whisk the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice together until smooth in a small bowl.
Step 8: Finish the Bread
Remove the monkey bread from the oven and invert it onto a serving plate. Then, drizzle it with the icing and enjoy.
Try This Delicious Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread Recipe Today
This pumpkin monkey bread recipe is as delicious as it is easy, and it’s always the star of the show no matter where you serve it. This sweet classic will have everyone talking and coming back for more. Give it a try, and I know you’ll find yourself bringing it to every event you go to.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Candied Pecans – This delicious dessert starts out with a graham cracker crust, a layer of cheesecake, a layer of pumpkin pie and topped with candied pecans. So delicious.
Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – A moist and delicious pumpkin cake that is spiced perfectly, baked to perfection and frosted with a scrumptious cream cheese frosting.
Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies – These deliciously soft and chewy pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies are always a welcomed fall treat with the favorite flavors of fall.
And, here is a scrumptious Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, that you might enjoy as well.
Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread
- 2 containers Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pumpkin Spice Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 375° and spray a deep pie dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
For the Crescent Balls
- Cut each crescent roll triangle in half and roll into a ball. Repeat with each crescent roll.
- Place the 32 balls into a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over rolled crescent doughballs and toss until all pieces are evenly coated with sugar mixture.
- Place balls into the prepared pie dish in a single layer.
For the Pumpkin Sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir until well combined and then pour over the crescent balls. Spread sauce evenly, making sure to coat every ball.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until edges are browned and dough is completely baked through.
For the Pumpkin Spice Icing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated and smooth.
- Remove the crescent balls from the oven and invert onto a serving plate.
- Drizzle with icing and serve.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.