These pumpkin cheesecake bars with brown sugar pecan topping are the perfect fall dessert. Made with a gingersnap crust, a creamy pumpkin cheesecake filling, and topped with the delicious and popular brown sugar pecan topping. The combination of flavors makes this cheesecake recipe simply irresistible.
It’s fall, y’all! Well, it’s close enough for me, anyway. This time of year, I shift gears into all things pumpkin and apple. From pumpkin and apple cake to pumpkin bars, if it’s pumpkin or apple, I’m all about it. One of my favorite recipes to make this time of year is my delicious pumpkin cheesecake bars. They take classic pumpkin cheesecake and kick it up several notches with a gingersnap crust and a sweet and crunchy brown sugar pecan topping. This is a recipe I’ve been making for years, even as far back as when my kids still lived at home, and after all that time, it’s still one of my most requested fall desserts.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
These delicious cheesecake bars start with a delicious gingersnap crust made with real gingersnap cookies. I top it with a rich, decadent pumpkin cheesecake batter and bake it until it’s perfectly set. Then, I top it with an easy brown sugar pecan topping and bake for a few more minutes until the topping is nicely brown and crunchy. After that, I chill and then everyone digs in! It’s a delicious dessert that just screams fall.
Why You’ll Love This Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- This is a delicious cheesecake bars recipe with all the flavors of fall, with the pumpkin cheesecake, the gingersnap crust, and the delicious topping that adds a touch of sweetness and crunch to the bars.
- The bars are easy to make and are absolutely delicious. Definitely a crowd-pleaser.
- These bars are great to make in advance and can be frozen, so it’s ready to enjoy whenever you want to serve this delicious dessert.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Ingredients
You’ll need a few ingredients to make the gingersnap crust, pumpkin cheesecake batter, and the brown sugar pecan crust topping. They’re all simple ingredients that you can find in just a few minutes at your local grocery store.
- Crushed gingersnaps
- Granulated sugar
- Melted butter
- Cream cheese
- Brown sugar, packed
- Heavy cream
- Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Ground ginger
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cloves
- Large eggs
- Chopped pecans
Actual measurements are in the recipe card below.
How to Make Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Making these delicious cheesecake bars is much easier than you might think. All three parts of these cheesecake bars come together quickly, and the most difficult part of the entire recipe is letting the bars chill so you can enjoy them!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Make the Brown Sugar Pecan Topping
Mix the brown sugar, pecans, flour, and butter together in a small bowl and set aside.
Step 3: Make the Gingersnap Crust
Combine the crushed gingersnaps, sugar, and melted butter ina medium bowl. Press the mixture firmly into an even layer at the bottom of the baking dish.
Step 4: Combine the Wet Cheesecake Ingredients
Beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Then, add the heavy cream, pumpkin puree, and vanilla and beat until combined.
Step 5: Add the Dry Ingredients
Add the flour, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Then, add the whisked eggs and mix until just combined. Pour the batter over the crust.
Step 6: Bake
Bake the cheesecake for 75 minutes.
Step 7: Add the Topping
Remove the cheesecake from the oven and top with the brown sugar pecan topping. Then, bake for another 15 minutes until the cheesecake is mostly set but still a little jiggly.
Step 8: Chill
Cool the cheesecake on the counter for about an hour, then chill for at least 4 hours. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Be sure your cream cheese is fully softened to avoid a grainy cheesecake.
- Bring your eggs to room temperature before mixing them into the cheesecake batter.
- Don’t overbake your cheesecake. It should wobble just a bit.
- Use graham cracker crumbs, Nilla wafers, or even Oreos to create different crusts for this cheesecake.
- For a plain version, omit the topping.
- Use a springform pan to make this a cheesecake rather than cheesecake bars.
What to Serve with Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Like most cheesecakes, this one is great with a glass of milk, a cup of coffee or tea, or even a nice dessert wine. You can also serve it with some fresh fruit and some gingersnap cookies on the side.
You don’t have to use a water bath when making cheesecake bars, but it won’t hurt. If you prefer using a water bath, feel free!
Microwave an unwrapped, 8-ounce block of cream cheese on high for 15 seconds to soften it. Add an additional 10 seconds for easy additional 8 ounces of cream cheese.
Cheesecake will last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
You sure can! Cheesecake bars will last for up to a month in the freezer when stored properly.
How to Store Leftover Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Refrigerate these pumpkin cheesecake bars in an airtight container for up to 4 days. For longer storage, wrap the cheesecake bars in plastic wrap and freeze them for up to a month in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
Try This Delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe Today
With the classic cinnamon flavor of a gingersnap crust, a rich, pumpkin cheesecake filling, and a sweet and crunchy brown sugar pecan topping, this is one cheesecake bar recipe you have to try. Trust me, you won’t find a more fall recipe that these delicious pumpkin cheesecake bars, and of course, it doesn’t hurt that they’re so easy to make, too! Give this recipe a try, and get ready to fall in love. Oh, also get ready to make it all the time so your family and friends will stop pestering you!
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This Pumpkin Spice Bread Pudding recipe is super easy to make, has all the flavors of fall, and only takes a few simple ingredients, with one being pumpkin spice coffee creamer. So delicious!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Brown Sugar Pecan Topping
- (4) 8 ounce blocks cream cheese
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 325° and lightly spray a 9×13 glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Brown Sugar Pecan Topping
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, pecans, flour and butter together until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add crushed gingersnaps, sugar, and melted butter. Stir to combine and then press mixture in an even layer into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until smooth.
- Pour heavy cream, pumpkin puree, and vanilla into cream cheese mixture and beat just until combined.
- Add flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Stir to combine.
- Add whisked eggs and mix just until combined.
- Pour batter onto the prepared crust.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with brown sugar pecan topping.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheesecake is mostly set but still a little jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for an hour or so, then place in the refrigerator for 4+ hours or overnight until chilled.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.