This delicious pepperoni pizza pinwheels recipe is a simple appetizer, easy-to-make snack, or quick dinner recipe. Made with refrigerated pizza dough, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, mini pepperonis, and an olive oil mixture, these are a fun and delicious pizza recipe the whole family will enjoy.
If you love pepperoni pizza, then you’re going to love these hand-held treats. These delicious pizza pinwheels are one part pepperoni pizza, one part calzone, and completely delicious. I love to make these for parties, get-togethers, and even family game and movie nights because they’re such a fun twist on an old classic, and everyone always loves them. The best part is that they’re so easy to make, I’m in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
This delicious recipe takes a refrigerated pizza dough and tops it with garlic and herb oil, mini pepperoni, mozzarella, and parmesan. Then, I roll it up tightly and cut it into medallions. From there, I bake it until the crust is golden and the cheese is gooey and melty. Finally, I serve them with marinara sauce for dipping to make a delicious appetizer, afternoon snack, or even a fun take on classic pizza for dinner.
Why You’ll Love This Pepperoni Pizza Roll Recipe
- They’re easy to make and all you need is a can of refrigerated pizza dough, some pepperoni, cheese, garlic, olive oil, and Italian seasoning.
- They’re delicious and the combination of the pizza dough, pepperoni, cheeses, and seasoning is simply irresistible.
- They’re ready in just 10 to 12 minutes in the oven.
- They’re versatile and can be made with classic favorite toppings such as sausage, mushrooms, onions, or peppers.
- They’re perfect for parties or potlucks and will be a hit with everyone who tries them.
Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them all at your local grocery store. Just like any good pizza, there’s nothing fancy here.
- Refrigerated pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Cloves garlic
- Italian seasoning
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Mini pepperonis
- Marinara sauce or pizza sauce
The actual measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
Making this delicious recipe is just as easy as shopping for the ingredients. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Garlic Herb Oil
Combine the olive oil, minced garlic, and seasonings in a small bowl.
Step 3: Top the Pizza Dough
Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Then, brush the oil mixture over the entire thing. Top with mozzarella, parmesan, and mini pepperoni, leaving about ½ inch of dough along the edges.
Step 4: Roll and Cut
Gently roll the dough as tightly as possible into a log. Then, cut it into 1-inch medallions with a serrated knife.
Step 5: Bake
Place the rolls on the baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Serve with marinara for dipping and enjoy!
- It’s important to leave ½ inch of clearance along the edge of the dough. This helps keep the toppings inside the roll.
- Roll up your pizza log as tightly as possible so you get a nice pinwheel when you bake your pizza rolls.
- If you add another meat like sausage or bacon, be sure to pre-cook it before adding it to your pizza rolls.
- Use your favorite pizza dough for this recipe. They all work.
- Try any of your favorite cheeses with this recipe.
- You can add other meats like sausage, ground beef, or bacon.
- Add your favorite pizza toppings like onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, and olives if you like.
What to Serve with Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
These pepperoni pizza pinwheels are delicious with all of your favorite Italian and game-day appetizers. Try pairing them with the following as part of a larger spread.
- Garlic bread
- Cheesy bread
- Onion rings
- Jalapeno poppers
- Mozzarella sticks
What are pizza rolls?
Pizza rolls are a type of baked pinwheel made by topping pizza dough with toppings, rolling it into a log, cutting it into medallions, and then baking them.
Do pepperoni pizza pinwheels need to be refrigerated?
Absolutely. Cheese is the main ingredient in this recipe, and cheese should always be refrigerated.
How long do pepperoni pizza rolls last?
They’ll last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Can these pepperoni rolls be made in advance?
You can make the rolls up to a day in advance and refrigerate them until ready to bake.
Can you freeze leftover pizza pinwheels?
You sure can. They freeze very well.
How to Store and Reheat Pepperoni Pinwheel Leftovers
Store these in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat, place the pizza rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 375 until heated through.
Try This Delicious Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheel Recipe Today
These pepperoni pizza pinwheels are absolutely delicious and ridiculously easy to make. You can’t beat that combo. With a golden crust, pepperoni, and cheese along with marinara for dipping, this is one recipe that you’ll want to make again and again. You’ll have to, honestly, because your family and friends won’t leave you alone!
More Delicious Pizza Recipes You’ll Enjoy
French Bread Pizza Recipe – A simple homemade pizza recipe that is loaded with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, jalapeños on top of a large loaf of French bread that can be on the table in a matter of minutes.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza – Delicious chicken and bacon top this homemade pizza recipe made with a creamy white sauce to create a pizza that is rich, delicious and drizzled with ranch dressing.
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza – Two classic comfort foods combined into one superfood resulting in a pizza recipe that has the best of all possible worlds, Philly cheesesteak and, one of America’s favorites, pizza.
And, Hot Italian Sausage Pizza Roll Ups from Great Grub, Delicious Treats that you’ll enjoy as well.
Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- Preheat oven to 425° and lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.
- In a small bowl, stir olive oil, minced garlic and seasoning together.
- Brush oil mixture over the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella, Parmesan and mini pepperonis over the crust up to a half inch from the edges.
- Gently roll up the pizza crust into a tight log and slice into 1-inch pieces with a serrated knife.
- Place the rolls on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Serve with marinara sauce.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.