This delicious chopped Italian wrap recipe is a delightful fusion of textures and tastes. Chopped pepperoni, salami, and ham are topped with provolone cheese, and then layered with a creamy lettuce mixture that is so full of flavor, all stuffed into soft flour tortillas.
You might not know this about me, but I’m a big fan of wraps. That should really come as no surprise. If you’ve been reading my blog for any amount of time, you know I’m a big fan of food, in general! Wraps, though, have always been a favorite of mine. They’re easy to make, and they’re perfect for family dinners or quick, grab-and-go meals. And the best part is you can do so much with them! If you can wrap it up in a tortilla, you should. That’s my motto. These chopped Italian wraps are a favorite of mine because they combine so many delicious Italian flavors into one easy-to-eat meal I love serving to family and friends for lunch, dinner, or at potlucks.
Chopped Italian Wrap
This delicious wrap starts with a creamy mix of lettuce, red onions, relish, banana peppers, mayo, and Italian dressing that I chill until ready to use. Then, I cook chopped ham, pepperoni, and salami in a skillet until warmed through. Finally, I heat the tortillas and fill them with the lettuce mixture, provolone cheese, and chopped meats. After that, I just wrap them up and serve. They’re a quick and easy meal that everyone always loves, and they always come back for more. I make a triple batch of these if I’m serving them at potlucks. They’re that good!
Why You’ll Love This Chopped Italian Wrap Recipe
- These wraps are a budget-friendly recipe that uses affordable ingredients and only requires minimal prep time.
- They are full of flavor with savory meats such as pepperoni, salami, and ham and the crisp freshness of the lettuce mixture, all wrapped in heated flour tortillas.
- They can be customized with different cheeses or meats and additional ingredients like spinach and chopped olives can be added. The possibilities are endless.
Chopped Italian Wrap Ingredients
This ingredient list is so simple. It only uses a few limited ingredients that you can find quickly and easily at your local grocery store. It only takes a quick in-and-out trip to get everything you need!
- Flour tortillas
- Provolone cheese
- Slices of salami
- Slices of ham
- Shredded lettuce
- Red onion
- Banana peppers
- Dill relish
- Italian dressing
How to Make Chopped Italian Wraps
These wraps are super easy to make and are so flavorful. They only take a few minutes of prep time, a little bit of cooking time, and use ingredients that are easily found at the local grocery stores.
Step 1: Make the Lettuce Mix
Mix the lettuce, red onions, relish, banana peppers, mayonnaise, and Italian dressing in a medium bowl until combined. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to make the wraps.
Step 2: Cook the Meat
Cook the chopped ham, pepperoni, and salami in a skillet over medium heat until heated through.
Step 3: Make the Wraps
Heat the tortillas, then spread mayonnaise on each one. Next, place two slices of provolone cheese on them and add the meat mixture, spreading it out evenly. Finally, spread the lettuce mixture over the meat, roll up, and serve!
- Mix your lettuce mixture very well to ensure it’s thoroughly combined.
- It’s important to heat the tortillas so they won’t crack while you fill and roll them.
- Keep the heat at medium when cooking the meat. You’re simply warming it through, not searing or browning it.
- You can use your favorite Italian deli meats in these wraps.
- Mozzarella cheese slices work well in these wraps.
- For a kick of heat, try adding red pepper flakes to the lettuce mixture.
- Use your favorite brand and variety of tortillas for this recipe.
- Add additional ingredients, such as tomato slices, chopped black olives and pepperoncini peppers.
What to Serve with Chopped Italian Wraps
For a fantastic meal, serve these wraps alongside:
- French fries
- Sweet potato fries
- Tater tots
- Potato wedges
- Potato chips
- Onion rings
- Corn on the cob
- Pasta salad
- Grilled vegetables
- Fruit salad
A chopped Italian wrap is a wrap filled with Italian meats, provolone cheese, and a creamy lettuce mixture made with mayonnaise, Italian dressing, and various other Italian-inspired ingredients.
You can make the lettuce mixture up to a day in advance. However, I recommend making the rest of the recipe when you plan to serve it for best results.
Pepperoni, ham, salami, mortadella, ham, and hot capicola all pair well together and can be used in any combination you like.
Traditionally, an Italian sub has capicola, salami, pepperoni, and ham, although other Italian cold cuts may be used, depending on the variety of sub and the region where it’s made.
How to Store Leftover Chopped Italian Wraps
For best results, I recommend serving one wrap per person, then making more if requested. The lettuce mixture and meat mixture should be refrigerated separately in airtight containers. Both will last for up to four days. Store your tortillas in an airtight container at room temperature.
Try This Easy Chopped Italian Wrap Recipe Today
With a super easy process and tons of Italian flavor, these chopped Italian wraps are a delicious snack or meal that everyone in your family will love. You’ll love how quick and easy they are, too! Give this recipe a try, and I guarantee it will be a part of your recipe rotation for years to come. It’s so good and so easy, and that’s really a combination that no cook can overlook!
More Delicious Wraps and Sandwiches You’ll Enjoy
These Homemade Calzones are a delicious Italian recipe that is super flavorful, easy to make, and loaded with Italian sausage, pepperoni, a three cheese blend, and a homemade pizza sauce.
Chopped Italian Wrap
- In a medium bowl, mix lettuce, red onions, relish, banana peppers, mayonnaise, and dressing together until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
- In a skillet or frying pan over medium heat, add chopped ham, pepperoni, and salami and cook until heated through.
- Heat tortillas and spread mayo over each tortilla.
- Place two slices of provolone cheese on tortillas.
- Next, add meat mixture on top of the cheese, and spread out evenly.
- Spread the lettuce mixture over the meat, roll up, and enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.