These cranberry cinnamon rolls are so easy to make and take store-bought cinnamon rolls to a whole new level. A fresh cranberry orange mixture and a brown sugar pecan crust is added to the top of these Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, then they are baked until golden and drizzled with icing. So delicious and an easy way to dress up plain cinnamon rolls.
If you’re looking for a new holiday recipe to try this year, then you’ve come to the right place. If you’re simply looking for a way to make plain cinnamon rolls even more delicious, you’ve still come to the right place. These delicious cinnamon rolls take the classic sweet treat and dresses them up with a delicious cranberry orange sauce and a brown sugar pecan crust. I just started making this recipe a little while ago, and it instantly became a holiday favorite. The thing is that they’re so good, I just can’t wait until the holidays. So I routinely make them throughout the year, as well. Shhhh. Don’t tell my family!
Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls
These delicious holiday cinnamon rolls start with Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing. Then, I dress them up with a sweet and tangy cranberry orange sauce and top them with a sweet and crunchy brown sugar pecan crust. What I end up with are cinnamon rolls that are absolutely overflowing with festive holiday flavor. They’re perfect for a special holiday breakfast, a sweet addition to your family’s holiday meal, or to bring to any holiday potluck.
Why You’ll Love These Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls
- They take plain, store-bought cinnamon rolls to a whole different level.
- They’re absolutely delicious and so easy to make.
- They’re so festive, and they make a great dessert during the holidays or a sweet Christmas morning breakfast.
- Bring the cranberry mixture to a boil over medium heat and no higher. You don’t want to scorch it.
- Be sure you let your cinnamon rolls cool for at least 15 to 20 minutes before adding the icing so it sets on top of the cinnamon rolls rather than sliding off.
- You can use any variety of cinnamon rolls you like for this recipe.
- I love pecans, but you can use any of your favorite nuts.
- If you don’t have fresh cranberries, you can use frozen.
What to Serve with Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls
These are perfect when served alongside other sweet treats at your holiday gathering. They also make a sweet addition to any special holiday breakfast. Some great ideas include:
- Your favorite holiday desserts
How do you elevate Pillsbury cinnamon rolls?
There are a few things you can do to dress them up..
- Add an extra brown sugar topping
- Add homemade icing
- Top them with cream cheese frosting
- Top with berries and other fruits
- Add nuts
- Brulee the tops
Can you eat fresh cranberries without cooking them?
Yes. Fresh raw cranberries are safe and healthy, although their sharp taste isn’t for everyone.
Can I make these ahead of time?
These reheat fairly well, so you can make them the day before you plan to serve them. However, they are best when made the same day.
How long do cinnamon rolls last?
They’ll last for about 2 days at room temperature or up to a week in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze baked cinnamon rolls?
Absolutely. They freeze well for up to 2 months.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover
Store them covered at room temperature for up to 2 days or refrigerate them for up to a week in an airtight container. For longer storage, open-air freeze them, then place them in an airtight, freezer-safe container or wrap individually in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 months.
To reheat, place them in a baking dish, cover them with foil, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees until heated through.
Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls Ingredients
You’ll only need some simple ingredients to make everything in this recipe. You’ll find them all readily available at your local grocery store.
- Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with icing
- Heavy cream
- Light brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Fresh cranberries
- Orange zest
- Orange juice
- All-purpose flour
- Chopped pecans
How to Make Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls
Making these cinnamon rolls couldn’t be easier. It only takes a few simple steps, and you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a 7×11 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Cranberry Filling
In a medium saucepan, heat cranberries, sugar, brown sugar, orange zest, orange juice, and cornstarch over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the cranberries burst and the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and let it cool a bit.
Step 3: Make the Brown Sugar Pecan Crust
Stir the brown sugar, flour, pecans, and melted butter together until combined in a small bowl.
Step 4: Make the Brown Sugar Cinnamon Mixture
In a small bowl, combine the heavy cream, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Step 5: Bake
Place the cinnamon rolls in the baking dish. Then, pour the brown sugar cinnamon mixture around them. Top the cinnamon rolls with the cranberry orange sauce then the brown sugar pecan crust and bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
Step 6: Top with Icing
Let the cinnamon rolls cool for 15 to 20 minutes, then top with the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls. Enjoy!
Try This Delicious Cranberry Cinnamon Roll Recipe Today
These cranberry rolls are a festive, delicious addition to your holiday gatherings. They’re also easy to make which doesn’t hurt! Give these a try, and you’ll soon find that they’re the hit of any party you attend. And don’t forget that your family will love them as an extra special holiday breakfast or brunch, too!
More Delicious Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Maple Cinnamon Rolls – These are made completely from scratch, with a hint of maple flavors, and topped with an absolutely delicious glaze.
Pear Cobbler – This pear cobbler has a sweet cream cheese layer, fresh pears, and a delicious cobbler topping, all made with a delicious cinnamon roll crust.
Honey Buns – A different variation of a cinnamon roll, but just as delicious. It’s a sweet breakfast recipe that is topped with a homemade icing.
And, try these Crescent Roll Cinnamon Rolls from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. They’re and easy breakfast recipe made with Pillsbury crescent rolls and topped with a gooey, sweet mixture of chopped apples and pecans.
Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls
- 8 count Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with icing
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cranberry Orange Sauce
- 12 ounce fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Zest from 2 oranges
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Brown Sugar Pecan Crust
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray a 7 x 11 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Cranberry Orange Sauce
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat, add cranberries, sugar, brown sugar, orange zest, orange juice and cornstarch. Stir. Bring to a boil and cook until cranberries burst and thicken up. Remove from heat and let cool a bit.
Brown Sugar Pecan Crust
- In a small bowl, stir brown sugar, flour, pecans and melted butter together until combined.
- Place cinnamon rolls into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add heavy cream, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir, and pour into baking dish around the cinnamon rolls.
- Top each cinnamon roll with cranberry mixture followed by brown sugar pecan crust topping.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until cinnamon rolls are golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes then add icing.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.