This delicious and easy cherry cream cheese dessert is made with a graham cracker crust, a sweet cream cheese filling, and topped with cherry pie filling. A refreshing dessert that is so quick and easy, and only takes about 30 minutes to make.
If you love all thing cheesecake, then get ready for a dessert that will have you looking for reasons to make it. This delicious cherry cheesecake dessert is almost totally no-bake. You just need to bake the crust for a few minutes. After that, it’s smooth, oven-free sailing to a delicious recipe that’s as decadent as it is easy. This is the perfect dessert for busy weeknights or bringing to parties and potlucks. There’s really never a wrong time to enjoy this one.
Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
This delicious cherry-topped cream cheese dessert is basically no-bake cherry cheesecake. It starts with a graham cracker crust – the only part of the recipe that requires baking. Then, I top the crust with a super creamy, no-bake cheesecake filling that’s so easy to make. Finally, the entire thing is finished off with a layer of cherry pie filling. If you’re feeling fancy, you can even top it all with another layer of fresh cherries, too. What I end up with is a cherry cheesecake dessert that’s absolutely out of this world and ridiculously easy to make. Oh, and everyone always loves it.
Why You’ll Love This Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
- It’s super easy to make, and it only takes a few simple ingredients to make.
- It’s a light and refreshing dessert that’s great for parties, potlucks, or an after-dinner dessert.
- It’s easily changed up by using different kinds of pie filling and fruit.
- Everyone always loves this easy dessert recipe.
Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert Ingredients
You’ll only need some basic ingredients to make this recipe, and you’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Melted butter
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Cool whip
- Cherry pie filling
- Fresh cherries
How to Make Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
Making this creamy, sweet, and tangy dessert is just as easy as shopping for the ingredients. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
Step 2: Make the Crust
Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a medium bowl. Then, spread the mixture into the baking dish, pressing to form an even, smooth layer. Bake for 10 minutes, then let the crust cool completely.
Step 3: Make the Cheesecake Layer
Beat the softened cream cheese in a medium bowl for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Then, add the powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined. Finally, fold the Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture until completely combined. Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the cooled graham cracker crust.
Step 4: Add Cherries and Chill
Pour the cherry pie filling over the cheesecake layer and gently spread evenly. Place fresh cherries all over the filling if desired. Then, cover the dish with foil and chill for at least 4 hours.
- It’s important to press the crust firmly and uniformly into the baking dish so it bakes evenly.
- 4 hours is the minimum chill time for this dessert, but overnight is even better.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so it can cream well, preventing little bits of pure cream cheese in your cheesecake batter.
- You can use Oreos to make a chocolate crust for this dessert.
- Change up the flavor by using your favorite fruit pie filling for the topping.
What to Serve with Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
This delicious dessert pairs well with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. It’s an amazing addition to a larger dessert spread at parties, as well. Pair it with other dessert bars, cookies, and your other favorite sweets. This classic Americana dessert also makes a great finisher to classic family meals like pot roast, pork chops, and baked chicken.
Will pie filling thicken as it cools?
Pie filling, especially homemade filling, is at its thickest after its baked and then cooled.
Can you freeze cream cheese?
You can if you’re not planning to use it purely as a spread. When cream cheese is defrosted, it can be a bit grainy. However, this doesn’t matter if it’s being mixed into a recipe.
How long will leftover cherry cream cheese dessert last in the fridge?
This dessert will last for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
Can you make cherry cream cheese dessert in advance?
Absolutely! This dessert is actually better the next day, so feel free to make it a day or two before you plan to serve it.
Can I freeze cheesecake desserts?
You sure can. This will keep for up to a month in the freezer.
How to Store Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
Store this dessert in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to a month wrapped tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil.
Try This Delicious Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert Today
This easy cherry cream cheese dessert is absolutely delicious and comes together in a flash. With the classic combination of graham cracker crust, luscious cheesecake, and a cherry topping, it’s a dessert that’s as at home at a backyard bash as it is a special occasion. Everyone will love the taste, and you’ll love how quick and easy it is. Give it a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making it again and again.
More Delicious Cream Cheese Desserts You’ll Enjoy
Lemon Pretzel Dessert – This lemon dessert recipe is made with a pretzel crust, a sweet cream cheese filling and a lemon topping, and is a sweet and salty dessert everyone loves.
Blackberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry – These delicious blackberry pastries are made with a fresh blackberry filling, a cream cheese filling and baked to golden, flaky perfection.
Peach Pretzel Salad – A delicious peach Jello pretzel salad recipe that is made with peach Jello, fresh peaches, crunchy pretzels and a sweet cream cheese filling that is absolutely delicious.
And, here is the popular and delicious Cream Cheese Lemonade Pie from Great Grub, Delicious Treats that is lemony, creamy and the perfect easy dessert the whole family will love.
Cherry Cream Cheese Dessert
- 21 ounce cherry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh cherries, optional, can use more cherries
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a medium bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Spread the crumb mixture into the prepared baking dish. Press into an even, smooth layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined.
- Fold cool whip into cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust.
- Pour pie filling over the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly.
- Place fresh cherries randomly on top of the pie filling.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.