Lemon Pretzel Dessert is a refreshing and delightful lemon dessert recipe with both sweet and salty goodness in one delicious dessert. It’s so easy to make, it taste so good, and will be requested over and over again.
The warm weather is coming, and it’s time for desserts that reflect that! After a long winter, I’m eager to bring on the warm weather and tasty food made with spring and summer flavors like lemon. This delicious dessert has been one of my staples for spring and summer for a few years now. It’s a super easy recipe, and it’s so tasty. It really captures the essence of the warm weather, and it always disappears in a flash when I bring it out. I love to serve this one at potlucks, backyard BBQs, or just as a fun dessert after dinner. It’s so simple, I can make it whenever I get the urge!
Lemon Pretzel Dessert
This dessert is a sweet and salty treat that just explodes with lemon flavor in every single bite. It starts with a sweet and salty pretzel crust. Then we spread a delicious cream cheese filling over that and then top it all with lemon pie filling. The result is a rich, creamy dessert that melds sweet and savory in every bite and shines through with the bright, citrusy flavor of lemon. It’s like eating sunshine and summer fun on a plate with every bite!
Why You’ll Love This Lemon Pretzel Dessert
- It only takes a few simple ingredients to make.
- You probably have most, if not all, of the ingredients in your kitchen already.
- It has two classic sweet and salty flavors in one dessert.
- It is almost entirely a no-bake dessert.
- Lemon and cream cheese are always a great combination for spring and summer desserts!
Lemon Pretzel Dessert Tips and Variations
This is such a simple recipe that it would be hard to ruin it. However, I have some tips that will help you make it the best that it can possibly be. I also have some fun variations to try, as well.
- Be sure your cream cheese is fully softened to get the creamiest possible texture and avoid any chunks of cream cheese.
- Crush the pretzels into small pieces, but be careful not to pulverize them. You want them small enough to bind but not so small they become a powder.
- Don’t overmix when adding the Cool Whip to the cream cheese mixture. Stop when it’s just combined.
- For a completely different recipe, use any of your favorite fruit pie fillings. Every can makes a different recipe.
- For even more lemon goodness, add a layer of lemon pudding between the cream cheese layer and the lemon pie filling.
- Add fresh fruit like strawberries or raspberries to add some contrast to the citrus flavor.
Lemon Pretzel Dessert FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then read on. The follow FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this dessert.
Do you have to bake the pretzel crust?
Yes. Baking the crust gives it the texture and flavor it needs and cooks the flour, which you never want to eat raw.
Can you use graham cracker crust instead of pretzel crust?
You absolutely can. You’ll end up with a dessert that’s fully sweet instead of sweet and salty, but it will still be delicious.
Does this lemon dessert have to be refrigerated?
Yes. It’s made with Whipped Topping and cream cheese so refrigeration is required.
How long will this last in the refrigerator?
It will keep well for up to 5 days when stored in a covered container.
How to Store This Lemon Pretzel Dessert
Store this delicious dessert in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Freezing is not recommended.
Lemon Pretzel Dessert Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. you’ll probably have most of them in your kitchen already. Those that aren’t are easily found at your local grocery store.
- Vanilla extract
- Brown sugar
- All-purpose flour
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Cool whip
- Lemon pie filling
How to Make This Lemon Pretzel Dessert
This easy recipe only takes a few steps to make. They’re all incredibly easy, and the recipe comes together quickly.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then, crush the pretzels into small pieces using a food processor or place in a large Ziploc baggie and use a rolling pin.
Step 2: Make the Pretzel Crust Mix
Add the crushed pretzel crumbs, vanilla, brown sugar, and flour to a large bowl and stir until combined. Then, add melted butter and stir again until combined.
Step 3: Bake the Crust
Press the mixture evenly into a 9×13 baking pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Then, let the crust cool completely.
Step 4: Make the Cream Cheese Mixture
Beat cream cheese until smooth in a medium mixing bowl. Then, add the powdered sugar, beating until combined. Finally, fold in the Cool Whip and mix until just combined.
Step 5: Construct the Dessert and Chill
Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cooled pretzel crust. Then, top evenly with the tart lemon pie filling. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
Try This Delicious Lemon Pretzel Dessert Today
This lemon pretzel dessert is so tasty and so easy to make. With its salty and sweet pretzel crust and sweet and tangy layers of cream cheese and lemon pie filling, it’s a recipe that just screams summer. It’s the perfect dessert for the warm weather. Give it a try, and I know you’ll love it as much as my family does.
More Easy, Delicious Dessert Recipes
Easy Key Lime Dessert – A refreshing dessert made with key lime pie filling, cream cheese, and a sweet and salty pretzel crust.
Frozen Blueberry Dessert – A creamy and delicious twist between cheesecake and cobbler all in a frozen dessert form.
Chocolate Mint Fudge Cake – A rich and chocolaty cake filled with mint chocolate chip ice cream and topped with hot fudge and whipped cream.
You may also love this Peach Cobbler Frozen Dessert from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. It’s the perfect dessert for spring and summer.
Lemon Pretzel Dessert
- 2½ cups pretzels, crushed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 22 ounces lemon pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Crush pretzels into small pieces using a food processor.
- In a medium bowl, add pretzels, vanilla, brown sugar, and flour. Stir until combined.
- Melt butter and add to the pretzel mixture. Stir until combined.
- Spread mixture into a 9×13 baking dish, reserving ½ cup for the topping. Press mixture into an even, smooth layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth then add powdered sugar. Beat until combined then add cool whip and mix until just combined.
- Once the crust has cooled completely, spread cream cheese mixture over the pretzel layer.
- Top with lemon pie filling and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining pretzel mixture over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards.