This scrumptious blackberry cream cheese dessert features a buttery graham cracker crust and a sweet cream cheese layer topped with blackberry pie filling and fresh blackberries. It’s an easy dessert recipe the whole family will enjoy.
If you love simple, delicious desserts, then you’ve come to the right place today. This recipe is full of sweet and tangy flavors, and it’s so easy to make! A baked graham cracker crust – the only baking in this recipe, by the way – is topped with a cheesecake layer and a finishing layer of blackberry pie filling. It’s a super simple, super sweet treat that everyone will love. I’ve been making it for years as a special dessert for family meals or an amazing addition to our local parties, gatherings, and potlucks. No matter when or where you serve it, it’s always a winner, and there are never any leftovers.
Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert
This delicious dessert starts with a baked graham cracker crust. Then, it’s topped with a decadent, no-bake cheesecake filling. Finally, the entire thing is topped with blackberry pie filling and fresh blackberries to complete the dish. When it’s all said and done, you’ll have a delicious dessert full of fruity cheesecake flavor that comes together so quickly. It’s so good that everyone will be coming back for more.
Why You’ll Love This Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert
- It’s super easy and only uses a few simple ingredients.
- It can be made with any pie filling and fresh fruit.
- It can be made with a pretzel crust instead of graham cracker crust.
Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert Ingredients
This recipe only uses a few simple ingredients to deliver all its delicious flavor. Everything you need is easily found at your local grocery store.
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Melted butter
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Cool whip
- Blackberry pie filling
- Fresh blackberries
How to Make Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert
This recipe is incredibly easy to make. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Graham Cracker Crust
Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a medium bowl. Then, spread it evenly into the prepared baking dish, pressing it down into a smooth layer. Bake for 10 minutes and let it cool completely.
Step 3: Make the Cheesecake Layer
Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Then, add the powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined. Finally, fold the Cool Whip into the mixture until combined. Spread the mixture evenly over the cooled crust.
Step 4: Finish the Dessert
Pour the blackberry pie filling over the cheesecake mixture and spread it into an even layer. Then, top with fresh blackberries. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, slice and enjoy!
- The easiest way to make uniform graham cracker crumbs is by using a food processor.
- Be sure you fold in the Cool Whip rather than stirring it for the best texture.
- The cream cheese should be fully softened so it incorporates easily and fully.
- While the minimum chill time for this dessert is 4 hours, it’s even better when chilled overnight.
- Use Oreos for a chocolate crust.
- Crushed pretzels make an excellent salty crust that’s a great counterpoint to the sweetness of the rest of the dessert.
- Use your favorite fruit pie filling for the topping.
- Add fresh berries like blueberries, raspberries and strawberries to compliment the blackberries,
What to Serve with Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert
This delicious dessert is wonderful with a glass of ice-cold milk or a cup of coffee or tea. It also makes a great addition to any dessert spread at your next party, potluck, or holiday gathering.
What flavors compliment blackberries?
The tangy sweetness of blackberries works very well with:
- Other berries
What is the best way to clean blackberries?
Place the berries in a colander and dip them in a bowl of cold water. Then, gently swish the colander with the berries in the water, remove them, and let them drain. Never run them under the faucet, as the force of the water can crush the berries.
Do cream cheese desserts need to be refrigerated?
They absolutely do. Any dessert made with dairy should be refrigerated for freshness and safety.
How long will this blackberry cream cheese dessert last in the fridge?
It will keep for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze cream cheese blackberry dessert?
This dessert will freeze well for up to a month.
Why can’t you freeze cream cheese desserts for longer than a month?
After about a month, ice crystals will begin to form in the cream cheese, making the dessert grainy.
How to Store Leftover Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert
Store this in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, freeze it for up to a month in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
Try This Delicious Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert Recipe Today
This easy blackberry cream cheese dessert is full of flavor, not work. The graham cracker crust is the only thing that needs to be baked, and the rest of the recipe only requires a little mixing and layering. That’s all there is to it! This sweet and tangy dessert is always a winner at any gathering or just as a weeknight dessert. Give it a try. Once you make it, I know you’ll put it in your regular dessert rotation.
More Delicious Blackberry Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Blackberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry – A delicious pastry that is filled with blackberry filled, baked to a flaky perfection, and then drizzled in a sweet glaze.
Easy Blackberry Cobbler – A delicious summer dessert that takes only a few ingredients, is simple to make, and is topped with a cake-like cobbler topping.
Blackberry Lemonade – A refreshing drink that is made with fresh blackberries, freshly squeezed lemons, sugar, and water.
And, these Blackberry Cream Cheese Wontons from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. This is an easy dessert recipe filled with a sweet cream cheese mixture, blackberry filling, and fried until golden brown.
Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert
- 21 ounce blackberry pie filling
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, optional, can use more blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375° and lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a medium bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- Spread crumb mixture into prepared baking dish. Press into an even, smooth layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese for 2-3 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and beat on low speed until combined.
- Fold cool whip into cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust.
- Pour pie filling over the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly.
- Place fresh blackberries randomly on top of the pie filling.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the fridge for 4+ hours or overnight.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.