These homemade Valentine’s Day cookies are bursting with love and flavor. Imagine melt-in-your-mouth sugar cookies studded with vibrant red mini M&Ms and shimmering pink candy sprinkles. The perfect Valentine’s Day treat.
I’ve always believed Valentine’s Day is a holiday for both romantic and platonic love. I enjoy making delicious, festive snacks for my family and friends this time of year because I want them to know how much I care about them. One of my favorite treats to make is these adorable sugar cookies. They’re a great gift for kids, friends, and, of course, your significant other, meaning I can make one large batch of cookies and gift them to everyone! They’re also easy to make and have that classic, buttery flavor everyone loves in sugar cookies. It’s a win all the way around.
Valentine’s Day Cookies
These delicious cookies start with a simple sugar cookie dough made extra soft with the addition of corn syrup. I mix in red M&Ms and red sprinkles for a festive, classic Valentine’s Day look. Then, I bake them for about 10 minutes and let them cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes more, creating the perfect soft, chewy texture. That’s all there is to it. The entire process takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, and when I’m done, I have sugar cookies that are as festive as they are delicious.
Why You’ll Love These Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookies
- The combination of classic sugar cookie dough, along with red mini M&Ms and festive pink candy sprinkles, creates a delicious, soft, and chewy cookie the whole family will love.
- These delicious cookies are easy to make and are always a favorite cookie recipe that can be customized for any occasion.
- It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day parties and potlucks and a great recipe for the kids to help with.
Valentine’s Day Cookies Ingredients
This recipe only uses a few simple, basic baking ingredients. You’ll probably only need to shop for the mini M&Ms and the candy sprinkles!
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Corn syrup
- Mini red M&M’s
- Pink candy sprinkles
How to Make Valentine’s Day Cookies
These cookies are incredibly easy to make. Sugar cookie dough is one of the simplest cookie doughs to make, and the only difference between these is the addition of the M&Ms and sprinkles. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Ingredients
Cream the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Then, add the egg, vanilla, and corn syrup and mix until combined.
Step 3: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
Step 4: Make the Dough
Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until combined. Then, stir in the mini M&Ms and candy sprinkles.
Step 5: Bake
Use a 1 ½-inch cookie scoop to place rounded cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Then, gently press the dough down and top it with a few mini M&Ms and sprinkles if desired. Bake for 10 to 11 minutes.
Step 6: Cool
Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Your butter and sugar should be light, fluffy, and creamy before adding any other wet ingredients.
- Don’t overmix your cookie dough. Overmixing the dough can make the cookies dense and tough.
- Your cookies might look underdone when you remove them from the oven. That’s okay! Cooling the cookies on the baking sheet finishes the baking process.
- Leave out the candy and sprinkles for classic sugar cookies.
- Use other M&M colors and sprinkle colors or different candies for various holidays. For example, Reese’s Pieces and black sprinkles make great Halloween cookies.
- Try frosting your cookies with pink-colored buttercream or simple pink icing for even more festive fun!
What to Serve with Valentine’s Day Cookies
These cookies are delicious with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. Stay true to the holiday and serve or gift them with delicious chocolate candies for a full Valentine’s Day experience.
Sugar cookies can come out flat for a few different reasons. If your butter is more melted than softened, your cookies will be flat. Flat cookies can also be caused by baking at a temperature that is too hot. Finally, your cookies will be flat if your leavening agents have expired.
Sugar cookies freeze well and will last for about a month in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
Like all sugar cookies, these Valentine’s Day sugar cookies will last for about a week in a covered container at room temperature. You can also freeze them for up to four weeks. Some people refrigerate their cookies, but this makes them dry and stale-tasting.
If you’re preparing it beforehand, sugar cookie dough should be refrigerated for safety. Choosing to refrigerate your sugar cookie dough for baking purposes is a matter of personal preference. Refrigerating the dough will limit its spread, creating taller, chewier cookies, while baking the dough at room temperature creates flatter cookies with more spread.
Chocolate chip cookies are the most popular cookie variety. These cookies are almost universally loved and the first thing people think of when they think of cookies.
How to Store Valentine Cookies
Store your cookies in a covered container at room temperature for up to a week. For longer storage, freeze your cookies in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 4 weeks. Never refrigerate your cookies. It dries them out.
Try This Delicious Valentine’s Day Cookies Today
These Valentine’s Day sugar cookies are festive, fun, and so delicious. Their classic sugar cookie flavor pairs wonderfully with the chocolaty flavor of the M&Ms, and the red and pink colors of the M&Ms and sprinkles make a wonderful Valentine’s Day look. These cookies also make a great gift idea for your kids, your friends, and your spouse or significant other. They’re the ultimate Valentine’s Day treat. Give them a try, and I know you’ll agree.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Here are some Caramel Pretzel Cookies with Walnuts that are a delicious cookie recipe that has the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
Valentine’s Day Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an eclectic mixer, cream butter and sugar together until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat egg, vanilla and corn syrup into mixture until combined
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix.
- Stir mini M&M’s and candy sprinkles into cookie dough.
- Using a 1 ½ inch cookie scoop, place rounded cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently press each cookie down and add a few mini M&M’s to the tops of each cookie and candy sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cookies sit on the baking sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.