This Valentine Crack is a delicious and easy toffee recipe covered in chocolate and decorated with three different melting chocolates and Valentine candy sprinkles.
If you’re looking for something a little different to gift loved ones this Valentine’s Day, then you’ve found it here. Sure, you could buy a box of candy or chocolate at the store, but that’s been done a million times over. Why not gift a sweet gift that’s homemade to make it even more special? This Valentine crack is such an easy toffee recipe to make, and it’s full of both sweet flavor and a festive Valentine’s Day look. I’ve been giving this toffee out as a gift for years. I just put a batch of it in a decorative tin and wrap it in a bow. And just like that, I have a delicious Valentine’s Day treat that everyone loves to receive.
This festive Valentine’s Day treat starts with a homemade toffee base that’s sweet and crunchy. Then, it’s topped with a layer of semi-sweet milk chocolate and drizzled with white, pink, and red candy melts and Valentine sprinkles to give it even more sweetness and a super cute Valentine’s Day look. It’s the perfect gift for family, friends, or even that extra special someone. After all, the way to anyone’s heart is through their belly. And it’s so easy to make, you’ll have no trouble making enough for everyone.
Why You’ll Love The Valentine Crack Recipe
- It’s festive and delicious, and everyone loves toffee.
- It’s great for parties, potlucks, or a mid-day snack.
- It only takes a few simple ingredients to make.
- Use a candy thermometer to ensure your sugar mixture reaches the right stage.
- Work quickly when your toffee reaches the target temperature so it’s easy to spread.
- Omit the colored melting chocolate for a delicious toffee that’s perfect for any occasion.
- Top with holiday-specific candies to make a treat for any holiday.
- You can use semi-sweet, milk, or dark chocolate chips for the chocolate topping.
- Add chopped nuts to the toffee mixture.
What to Serve with This Easy Toffee
Enjoy this toffee with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. You can also pair it with fruit like apples or berries, or even break it into smaller pieces and add it to vanilla ice cream.
When did February 14th become Valentine’s Day?
In the 8th century, the Feast of Saint Valentine was held on February 14th. The day became associated with romantic love in the 14th and 15th centuries.
Why do they call it Valentine Crack?
It gets its name for 2 reasons: it’s addictive, and you crack it into pieces.
Can you freeze Valentine Crack?
Absolutely, place it in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
What is Valentine’s Day Crack?
It’s a toffee recipe that’s topped with a layer of melted chocolate and then drizzles with melting chocolate in Valentine’s Day colors.
How to Store Valentine Crack Toffee
Store in an airtight container in single layers with wax paper between them for up to 2 weeks at room temperature. For longer storage, freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
Valentine Crack Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Light corn syrup
- Semisweet chocolate chips
- Valentine sprinkles
- White, pink, and red melting chocolate
How to Make Valentine Crack
You might think that toffee is difficult to make, but really, it’s not hard at all. It only takes a few simple steps to make this delicious Valentine toffee.
Step 1: Prep
Line a small baking sheet with foil, extending it over the edges of the dish. The foil might not fill the whole sheet, but that’s okay. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Toffee
Melt butter over medium heat in a 2-quart, heavy-bottomed pan. Then, add the sugar, water, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Then, reduce the heat to medium-low and continue stirring until the temperature reaches 290 degrees. Immediately pour the mixture onto the foil and spread quickly with a spatula.
Step 3: Add the Chocolate Layer
Let the toffee sit for a couple of minutes, then sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Let them sit until slightly melted, then spread them in an even layer over the toffee with a spatula.
Step 4: Decorate
Melt the 3 melting chocolates in the microwave according to package directions and drizzle each over the toffee once it’s cooled.
Step 5: Chill
Chill the Valentine Crack in the fridge for 20 minutes or until firm. Then, lift out the toffee using the oil and break it into pieces.
Try This Delicious Valentine Crack Candy Recipe Today
This Valentine Crack is a delicious, festive treat that’s perfect for gifting. It’s so adorable, and it’s a fantastic gift for family, friends, or that special someone. It’s also ridiculously easy to make, so give it a try. It’ll be your new favorite sweet once you do.
Looking For More Delicious Holiday Dessert Recipes
Homemade Peppermint Bark – This delicious peppermint bark is the ultimate holiday chocolate candy recipe with the combination of milk chocolate, white chocolate, peppermint extract, and crushed candy canes.
Apple Pie Bites – These mini apple pie bites are packed full of delicious homemade apple pie filling and baked to perfection. A fun-sized treat.
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Candies Pecans – This delicious festive cheesecake has a layer of cheesecake, a layer of pumpkin pie, and is on top of a graham cracker crust, then topped with candied pecans.
And, here is a Christmas Crack recipe, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, that you will enjoy too.
- Line a small baking sheet with aluminum foil, extending over the edges of the dish. Set aside (might not fill the whole sheet but it is okay).
- In a 2 quart, heavy bottom pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugar, water and corn syrup and stir constantly.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and continue stirring until temperature reaches 290°F.
- Once the mixture reaches 290 degrees, immediately pour onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out quickly with a spatula.
- Let candy sit for a couple minutes and then sprinkle chocolate chips on top and let sit until slightly melted.
- Once melted, use a spatula to smooth over candy.
- Melt the three different melting chocolates separately in the microwave, in a microwave safe bowl, according to package directions, and drizzle over the toffee once the toffee has cooled.
- Evenly sprinkle Valentine sprinkles on top.
- Chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes or until firm. Once firm, lift foil out of the baking dish and break into pieces.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.