This strawberry pastry ring recipe is made with fresh strawberries and a sweet cream cheese filling wrapped in crescents, baked until golden, and drizzled with a sweet glaze.
I love pastries, and I love crescent rings, so a recipe like this one is a real winner for me. I’ve been making this one for years now, and it’s always a big hit no matter where I serve it. The golden crescent dough is absolute perfection with the strawberry and cream cheese fillings, and everyone always comes back for more and more. It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, and it’s so easy to make, there’s really no reason NOT to make it!
This delicious crescent ring starts with refrigerated crescent dough that I lay out in a ring. Then, I fill it with a homemade strawberry compote along with a sweet, cream cheese filling. After that, I wrap it up, baked it until golden, and finish it off with a simple vanilla glaze. When it’s all said and done, I have a delicious crescent ring loaded with strawberry pastry flavor that makes a great breakfast, dessert, appetizer, or afternoon snack.
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry Pastry Recipe
- The combination of fresh strawberries and a sweet cream cheese filling wrapping in a flaky crescent is simply irresistible.
- It’s a delicious and refreshing strawberry dessert recipe that’s perfect for spring or summer.
- It’s an easy-to-make pastry ring recipe that’s festive and perfect for any occasion.
Strawberry Pastry Ingredients
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. Most of them are in your kitchen right now, and the ones that aren’t are all easily found at your local grocery store.
- Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Fresh strawberries
- Lemon juice
- Water, divided
- Cream cheese, room temperature
- Egg yolk
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Strawberry Pastry
This recipe is super easy to make, and you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time.
Step 1: Make the Strawberry Filling
Add the strawberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over low-medium heat until it begins to simmer or until the strawberries are soft. Then add a slurry of 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Continue cooking until the mixture has thickened, then set it aside to cool.
Step 2: Make the Cream Cheese Filling
Beat the cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl until fluffy. Then, add the sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat again for another 2 minutes.
Step 3: Make the Crescent Ring
Unroll the crescent rolls and separate them into pre-cut triangles. Then, lay them out on an ungreased baking sheet with the wider ends of the triangles facing inward and overlapping one another to make a ring with a 5-inch center.
Step 4: Fill and Wrap
Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the wide, inner part of the ring. Then, spoon the strawberry filling on top of the cream cheese mixture. Fold the triangles over the filling and tuck the point under the inside ring to secure it.
Step 5: Bake
Bake the crescent ring for 20 minutes at 375 until golden brown. Then, remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
Step 6: Make the Glaze
Stir the powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl. Then, drizzle it over the slightly cooled crescent ring. Let the ring cool, then slice and enjoy!
- Be sure the wider ends of your crescent triangles overlap so the filling stays in place.
- When folding the crescent triangle over the filling, don’t tuck it too tightly. Fold it over until it lays on top of the filling, but don’t press it down.
- Be sure to let your pastry ring cool a little before drizzling the glaze onto it.
- Fully soften your cream cheese for the best texture.
- You can make any fruit filling you like for this recipe, just switch out the strawberries for blueberries, blackberries, or your favorite type of fruit.
- You can use pie filling in place of homemade fruit filling.
- Sprinkle the top of your crescent ring with sanding sugar for a fun look.
What to Serve with a Strawberry Pastry Ring
This delicious crescent ring is perfect with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. It also makes a great addition to larger dessert spread because it pairs very well with all your other favorite sweets like cookies, cupcakes, quick bread, and the like.
When is strawberry season?
Depending on the area, strawberry season can begin as early as April and last as late as early July.
Can you use strawberry pie filling in place of fresh strawberries?
Depending on the recipe, you can. If it calls for a sweet compote or thickened filling, then pie filling will work in place of the homemade version.
How long will leftover strawberry pastry last in the fridge?
They’ll keep for about a week in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze leftover strawberry pastries?
Yes, you can. They’ll last for up to a month in the freezer.
How to Store Leftover Strawberry Pastries
Store this strawberry pastry ring in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to a month in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
Try This Delicious Strawberry Pastry Recipe Today
This strawberry pastry crescent ring is quick, easy, and delicious. With an absolute ton of classic pastry flavor and such an easy recipe, there’s no reason not to give this one a try. It makes a great breakfast, snack, appetizer, or dessert, and everyone always loves it. Give it a try, and it’s sure to become one of your favorite sweet treats to make for friends and family.
Here are More Pastry Recipes to Try
Apple Cream Cheese Puff Pastry – An easy, flaky, and sweet puff pastry filled with a sweet cream cheese filling, apple filling, and then drizzled in a sweet glaze.
Peach Pastry Squares – A sweet and flaky pastry made with fresh peaches and coarse sugar. These are a great recipe for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
Blackberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry – Another sweet and delicious pastry made with blackberry filling, cream cheese, baked to golden brown, and then drizzled in a simple glaze.
And, try this Lemon Cream Cheese Pastry Ring from Great Grub, Delicious Treats.
- 2 containers Pillsbury™ refrigerated original crescent dinner rolls
Cream Cheese Filling
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add strawberries, sugar, 3 tablespoons water, lemon juice together.
- Stir and cook until the strawberries are soft, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix one tablespoon water and cornstarch until combined then add to strawberry mixture.
- Continue stirring until the strawberry mixture has thickened. Set aside to cool.
Cream Cheese Filling
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, lemon juice and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
Making the Pastry Ring
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate into pre cut triangles.
- Place triangles on an ungreased baking sheet so that the wider end of the crescent is in the center forming the circle with about a 5 inch opening in the center and the smaller tip of the crescent is on the outside.
- *When forming the circle, the wider ends of the crescents will overlap each other. Spread cream cheese mixture over the wide part of the crescents.
- Spoon strawberry filling on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Fold the small tip of the crescent over and tuck under the wider part to secure forming the ring.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir, pour powdered sugar and milk together until combined (might need more milk/sugar as desired).
- Drizzle glaze over pastry ring, once cooled, and cut into desired portions. Enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.