These peach pastry squares are made with a sweet cream cheese filling, fresh juicy peaches, a delicious buttery, flaky crust, topped with coarse sugar, and baked to golden perfection.
Peach puff pastry squares are a fun take on two classics. These squares combine a sweet peach filling, a sweet cream cheese filling, and a golden brown pie crust with a lattice top. I love making these because they’re as adorable as they are delicious. I used to make them for dessert when my kids were at home because they made great afternoon snacks the next day. Of course, between my children and their friends, these only lasted for that second day! These make the perfect dessert for any meal or as a sweet addition to potlucks and gatherings. I know that through all the years I’ve made them, they’ve always been a huge hit with everyone!
Peach Pastry Squares
If you love pastry and you love peach pie, then this is the recipe for you. It starts with premade pie crust. Then, I make a sweet cream cheese mixture and top the crust. Then, I add fresh chopped peaches for all that simple, sweet peach goodness. Finally, it’s topped with a lattice top and baked until it’s all golden brown and flaky. What I end up with is a delicious fusion of peach pie and pastry that’s sweet, tangy, and oh, so delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Peach Pastry Recipe
- They’re the perfect summer dessert made with fresh, juicy peaches and a sweet cream cheese filling.
- They’re a delicious dessert for breakfast or brunch, and they’re fairly easy to make.
- Everyone will love the combined sweetness of the fresh peaches and cream cheese filling.
Peach Pastry Squares Tips and Variations
I have a few tips here to help you make these delicious little pies the best that they can possibly be. I also have some fun variations that you can try, as well.
- Be careful not to add too much cream cheese filling to your squares. You want them filled but not overflowing.
- It’s best to use a fork to secure your lattice to ensure that it stays in place.
- Be sure to add egg wash to the edges of the crust to help keep the lattice in place, as well.
- Use any of your favorite fresh fruits for this recipe. Apples, pears, and plums all work well.
- Try using fresh berries like blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries.
What to Serve with Peach Pastries
Serve these pastries on their own or topped with whipped cream. You can also serve them with vanilla ice cream on the side or on top of them. They also make a great dessert after a meal of grilled burgers, dogs, steaks, or chops.
Peach Pastry Squares FAQ
If you have questions about peach puff pastry squares you’ll find the answers here. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked question about this recipe.
Do peach pastries need to be refrigerated?
Yes, they do. They have a cream cheese filling, so refrigeration is mandatory.
Can you freeze homemade peach pastries?
You can freeze them but only for a month. After a month, the texture of the cream cheese filling will begin to change and become grainy and unappetizing.
Can you use frozen peaches with this recipe?
You can, but it can be fiddly. You’ll want to defrost the peaches and then place them on paper towels to drain off all excess liquid. Fresh is just easier.
Can I use any pie crust for this recipe?
You sure can. I prefer Pillsbury but any premade pie crust will work.
How to Store Leftover Peach Pastries
Store these in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For longer storage, freeze them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to a month.
Peach Pastry Squares Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make these squares. You’ll have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already, and the ones you don’t can easily be found at your local grocery store.
- Large peaches, peeled and cut into small bite-size pieces
- Granulated sugar
- Cream cheese, room temperature
- Egg yolk
- Lemon juice
- Vanilla extract
- Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust
- Large egg
How to Make Peach Pastry Squares
Making this recipe isn’t that hard at all. It has a few steps, but they’re all very easy when you break them down.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Peach Mixture
In a medium bowl, add the peaches, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir to combine and set aside.
Step 3: Make the Cream Cheese Mixture
Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until light and fluff. Then, add the sugar, egg yolk, lemon juice, and vanilla and mix until combined.
Step 4: Cut the Dough
Roll out the pie dough on a lightly floured surface and trim it to make a large square, saving the excess dough for strips. Then, cut the dough in half and cut those halves. You should have 4 squares per pie crust.
Step 5: Fill the Squares
Brush the edges of each square with egg wash. Then, evenly divide the cream cheese mixture between the 8 pastries, placing it in the center of the squares and spreading it out in an even layer. Be sure to keep the edges clean. Next, spoon the peaches on top of the cream cheese mixture.
Step 6: Add the Lattice
Place thin strips of dough over each pastry like lattice and press the edges down with the tines of a fork to secure. Trim off any excess dough.
Step 7: Bake
Brush all the pastries with egg wash and sprinkle coarse sugar over the top. Then, bake the squares for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the squares from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!
Try This Delicious Peach Pastry Squares Recipe Today
These peach puff pastry squares are loaded with flavor and easier to make than you might think. They combine the classic flavor of peach pie with the cream cheese filling we all love in pastries to create a sort of pie-pastry hybrid that everyone always loves. Serve them for dessert and have the rest for a sweet breakfast or afternoon snack the next day or bring them to a potluck or get-together. No matter when or where you serve them, I guarantee that everyone will love them.
More Delicious Peach Desserts You’ll Enjoy
Peach Pretzel Dessert – A sweet and salty peach dessert recipe with a pretzel crust, a sweet cream cheese layer with a layer of Jello on top with fresh peaches. Delicious!
Peach Cobbler – Made with fresh, juicy peaches and a delicious cobbler topping and baked to perfection. The perfect summer dessert.
Strawberry Peach Smoothie – Only 4 ingredients are needed for these delicious smoothies: fresh strawberries, fresh peaches, orange juice and agave, Easy and refreshing.
And, this Peach Pastry with Cream Cheese, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, is a delicious pastry ring recipe.
Peach Pastry Squares
- 2 large peaches, peeled and cut into small bite-size pieces
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet(s) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add peaches, sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, lemon juice and vanilla together until combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough and trim dough to make a large square. Save excess for strips.
- Cut dough in half and those halves in half, ending with 4 squares per pie crusts.
- Brush the edges of each pastry with egg wash.
- Evenly divide cream cheese mixture between the 8 pastries and place in the center spreading out keeping the edges clean.
- Spoon peaches on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Place thin strips of dough, like a lattice topping, over each pastry.
- Press edges down with the tines of a fork to secure. Trim off any excess dough.
- Brush all pastries with remaining egg wash and sprinkle coarse sugar over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove from the oven, let cool, then enjoy
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.