These soft and chewy St Patrick’s Day sugar cookies are easy to make and are super delicious. The perfect cookie recipe for school parties, potlucks or just to fill up the cookie jar.
Cookies are a classic treat for any occasion, especially with so many mix-in and decoration options out there. I love to make themed sugar cookies for any occasion from baby showers to holidays because I can always find something to fit the theme. That’s the case with these sugar cookies. I’ve used this same sugar cookie recipe with various mix-ins for all sorts of occasions. In this case, I use green sprinkles to give them a fun, festive, and delicious St Patrick’s Day theme. They’re great because they’re easy to make, they’re delicious, and you can double or even triple the recipe to serve large crowds. They’re also delicious. Did I mention that? Well, it bears repeating!
St Patrick’s Day Sugar Cookies
These delicious cookies start with a simple, classic sugar cookie dough. It’s made in the usual way, but I add corn syrup to make the cookies extra soft and chewy for that oh, so wonderful texture that we all love in really good sugar cookies. From there, I add green sprinkles into the dough for an extra blast of sweetness and a classic green St. Patrick’s Day theme. Finally, they’re baked to soft, chewy perfection. If you think they sound amazing, then you’re spot on!
Why You’ll Love These Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookies
- They’re soft, chewy, and delicious.
- They’re a great cookie recipe that kids will love to help make.
- They are easy to make and are great for school parties, potlucks, or a midday snack.
- Be sure you completely soften your butter for easy creaming and prevent little butter bits in your dough.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients until just mixed and no further to keep the cookies soft and chewy.
- Be sure to press the dough down a bit before baking. These cookies don’t spread that much.
- Use different sprinkles for different holidays. You can find sprinkles for every holiday or special occasion.
- Try adding green M&Ms to the dough.
- Frost them with green frosting, green icing or white icing.
- Can use a shamrock cookie cutter and roll out the dough.
What to Serve with St Patrick’s Day Sugar Cookies
These cookies are delicious with milk, coffee, or tea. They’re also delicious when served alongside other desserts like cupcakes, cheesecake bars, or other favorite sweets as part of a larger dessert table.
Can you add frosting to these cookies?
You sure can. Let them cool completely and add homemade or store-bought frosting to the cookies.
How long will soft sugar cookies last?
Sugar cookies will last for up to 2 weeks in an air-tight container in a cool dry place.
Can you freeze homemade sugar cookies?
Sugar cookies freeze very well. These will last for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Store St Patrick’s Day Sugar Cookies
Store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in a cool dry place. For longer storage, place them in single layers separated by wax paper in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
St Patrick’s Day Sugar Cookies Ingredients
It only takes a few basic ingredients to make this recipe. You probably have most of them in your kitchen already, and the ones you don’t are all easily found at your local grocery store.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Corn syrup
- DecoPac St. Patrick’s Day Fusion Mix Candy Sprinkles (more if needed)
How to Make St Patrick’s Day Sugar Cookies
Making these cookies is very simple. It’s just a basic sugar cookie dough with green sprinkles. You’ll be all done in no time flat.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Ingredients
Cream the butter and sugar together with a hand mixer, or stand mixer, until creamy. Then, beat in the egg, vanilla, and corn syrup.
Step 3: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
Step 4: Make the Dough
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Then, stir in the sprinkles. The dough will be crumbly.
Step 5: Bake
Scoop out balls of dough with a 1 ½-inch cookie scoop, roll dough, and place them on your prepared baking sheet. Gently press down each cookie a bit, then sprinkle with more green sprinkles. Bake for 10 minutes.
Step 6: Cool
Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Try These Delicious St Patrick’s Day Sugar Cookies Today
This soft, chewy sugar cookies are loaded with flavor and full of fun green sprinkles. They’re the perfect St Patrick’s Day sugar cookies to serve at any gathering this season when the luck o’ the Irish is in full swing. The best part is that you can change up the sprinkles to make them for any occasion you like, so they’re always a great choice. With a combo like that, what’s not to love? Give these a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making them again and again.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies – These soft and chewy cookies are loaded with chocolate chips and chopped pecans, and baked to perfection.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies – These delicious cookies are loaded with dried cranberries, chopped pecans, white chocolate chips, and are soft and chewy.
Easy Lemon Cookies with Lemon Glaze – These refreshing, soft and chewy, thick and lemony, cookies are topped with a delicious lemon glaze and are perfect to enjoy year-round.
And, here are some Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, that you will enjoy as well.
St Patrick’s Day Sugar Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar together on high speed until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat egg, vanilla and corn syrup into mixture until combined
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix together.
- Stir candy sprinkle mix into cookie dough (cookie dough will be crumbly).
- Using a 1 ½ inch cookie scoop, roll into a ball and place rounded cookie dough on prepared baking sheet.
- Gently press each cookie down and add a little more candy sprinkle mix to the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on baking sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.