These white chocolate chip cookies with cranberries and pecans are soft, chewy, and delicious. These delicious cookies are loaded with holiday goodness and are perfect for the holidays or any other day of the year.
If you’re looking for the ultimate holiday cookie, then you’ve found it here. It’s not a monster cookie. It’s not overloaded. It is a simple cookie with a few mix-ins that are all holiday classics. I’ve been making these cookies for years. When I first made them I thought they tasted like every classic holiday image I’d ever seen. If you think you can’t taste nostalgia, then you need to try these cookies. They’ll change your mind. Since that day years ago, I’ve made these cookies at least a couple of times every holiday season. I’ve also given them as gifts to friends on more than one occasion. They’re so good that everyone is always happy to receive a tin filled with them.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
These delicious cookies are overflowing with holiday flavor. It starts with a simple, classic cookie dough. Then, I add white chocolate chips, cranberries, and chopped pecans. It’s a classic holiday combo, and when you add it to the cookie dough, it decks your halls with deliciousness. It’s also a super easy recipe, which makes things even better. Whip up batches of these cookies and watch everyone ooh and aah at your next holiday party or family gathering.
Why You’ll Love These White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Cookies
- Each cookie is loaded with white chocolate chips, cranberries, and chopped pecans.
- They’re soft and chewy and are great for cookie exchanges, potlucks, or filling up the cookie jar.
- They’re super easy to make and taste delicious. They’re so good, everyone will ask for the recipe.
- Combine the wet and dry cookie dough ingredients until just mixed for the softest cookies.
- To limit the gluten formation in the cookie dough, fold in the mix-ins rather than stirring them in.
- Don’t overbake the cookies. Letting them cool on the cookie sheet will leave them perfectly baked every time.
Variations and Mix-Ins
- Use mint chips instead of cranberries for mint chocolate chip cookies.
- Milk, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate morsels work well in this recipe.
- Use any of your favorite nuts.
- Coconut is delicious with the other ingredients in these cookies.
What to Serve with White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Cookies
These cookies are delicious with tea, milk, coffee, or even hot cocoa. They’re also great when served alongside other cookies or as part of a larger dessert spread.
What makes cookies crispy vs chewy?
White sugar and corn syrup make crispier cookies. In addition, cookie doughs that don’t have eggs will make flatter, crispier cookies with more spread. On the other hand, brown sugar makes a softer cookie, as does cake flour because of its lower protein concentration. Removing cookies from the oven while still partially uncooked and letting them finish on the baking sheet also yields softer cookies. Don’t worry, they’ll be fully cooked.
What makes cookies fluffy, soda or powder?
Baking soda makes cookies fluffy. As the cookies bake, the baking soda release carbon dioxide gas which causes the cookies to rise and become fluffy.
What are the best white chocolate chips?
There are a few varieties out there that are widely considered to be the best quality white chocolate chips. You might be surprised to find out that some of them don’t have fancy names!
- Hershey’s Premier
- Nestle Tollhouse Premier
Do you have to chill cookie dough?
Some kinds of cookies absolutely require the dough to be chilled, but all cookies can benefit from it. Chilling the dough makes cookies spread slowly which leads to a softer cookie. In addition, it also allows the flavors to meld and create a thicker cookie.
Can you freeze white chocolate chip cookies?
You sure can. Most cookies freeze very well, and these are no exception. They’ll last for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
How to Store White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Cookies
Store these cookies for up to a week in an airtight container at room temperature. You can store them for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make these delicious cookies. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Large egg
- Dried cranberries
- White chocolate chips
- Chopped pecans
How to Make White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making these cookies couldn’t be easier. The name might be long, but the process isn’t. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time!
Step 1: Combine the Wet Ingredients
Beat the butter, brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla with an electric or stand mixer. Then, add the egg and beat until combined.
Step 2: Combine the Dry Ingredients
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
Step 3: Make the Dough
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Then, fold in the cranberries, pecans, and white chocolate chips.
Step 4: Bake
Drop the cookie dough balls by 1 ½ teaspoons or a 1 ½-inch cookie scoop onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 9 minutes at 375 degrees until the edges start to brown.
Step 5: Cool
Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Try These White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Today
Try these tasty cookies today, and you’ll be making them quite often. I guarantee it. Although these white chocolate chip cookies with cranberries and pecans have classic holiday flavors, there’s absolutely no reason to wait for the holidays to roll around to enjoy them. So make up some batches now, and continue to enjoy them all year long. I know I do!
More Delicious Cookie Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies– are soft and chewy homemade oatmeal cookies that are loaded with chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
Sugar Cookies– are deliciously soft and chewy cookies that are made with white chocolate chips and topped with sprinkles of your choice.
Easy Peanut Butter Cookies – this is a classic, timeless cookie recipe that is easy to make and requires simple ingredients.
And, here is a delicious Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe from Great Grub, Delicious Treats that you will enjoy as well.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cranberries and Pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat softened butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla together on medium speed until combined.
- Add egg and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Beat until combined.
- Stir in dried cranberries, pecans, and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded 1½ teaspoons on an ungreased cookie sheet. (I used a 1 ½ inch cookie scoop)
- Bake for 8 – 9 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from the oven. Let sit on a baking sheet for a couple minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.