Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Lemon Sauce is prepared by dredging chicken breasts in a mixture of Parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs, pan frying the chicken breasts, and then drizzling with a light lemon sauce.
If your chicken dinners are starting to feel dull and boring, then get ready for a new recipe that will definitely keep things interesting. This delicious parmesan crusted chicken combines flavors of parmesan chicken and pan-fried chicken dishes into one dish that delivers big flavor on its own but even more flavor when you add the light lemon sauce that goes with it. I’ve been making this recipe for a while now. I’ve always loved breaded and fried chicken breasts. I love this recipe because the parmesan is so delicious when the coating is fried, and the lemon sauce really adds some amazing flavor. Once you try it, I know you’ll love it, too.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Lemon Sauce
This delicious recipe starts with chicken breasts that I coat in a zesty breadcrumb mix loaded with parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and Cajun seasoning. Then, I pan-fry it to golden-brown perfection and serve it up with a simple lemon sauce made of butter, garlic, lemon juice, and black pepper. The seasoned parmesan crust and lemon sauce work together to create a dish with a wonderful depth of flavor that’s delicious with rice, mashed potatoes, or vegetables.
Why You’ll Love This Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- It’s so crispy, and the chicken is so juicy.
- It’s an easy, hearty dinner perfect for any night of the week.
- The lemon sauce takes this chicken to a whole new level.
- Don’t crowd the chicken when frying it. You want the oil to stay nice and hot.
- Give the chicken a gentle shake when dredging to remove any excess coating.
- If you can, use fresh lemon juice for the sauce. It makes for a brighter-tasting sauce.
- You can make this with chicken thighs instead of breasts.
- Try this recipe with thin cuts of steak or pork chops, as well.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can combine 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to make your own.
What to Serve with Parmesan Crusted Chicken
This recipe goes well with all kinds of sided, thanks to both the flavors of the breading and the lemon sauce.
- Mashed potatoes
- Roasted potatoes
- Crusty bread
- Garlic bread
Why do we coat chicken with eggs?
It’s used as a binder to keep the breading on the chicken.
What is parmesan crusted chicken?
It’s a chicken breast recipe in which the breasts are coated in a seasoned, parmesan and breadcrumb coating and pan-fried.
What is parmesan crusted chicken made of?
This recipe uses chicken breasts, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, seasonings, lemon juice, garlic, and chicken broth.
What goes with parmesan crusted chicken?
Rice, mashed potatoes, and pasta are all excellent choices to pair with this chicken. Bread and your favorite vegetables are also great choices.
Why is buttermilk used for breading?
The acid in buttermilk makes the coating crispier in this recipe and in recipes like traditional fried chicken.
Can you freeze parmesan crusted chicken?
Yes, you can. Freeze it for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Parmesan Chicken
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, freeze leftovers in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat, microwave the chicken for 3 minutes to reheat it. Then, place the chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees to crisp the breading.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Ingredients
This recipe uses simple ingredients that you can find easily at your local grocery store.
For the Chicken
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Large eggs
- Panko bread crumbs
- Grated Parmesan cheese, green container
- Olive oil
For the Lemon Sauce
- Cloves garlic
- Chicken broth
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Making this chicken is incredibly easy. It only takes a little prep and a few minutes of cooking. That’s it!
Step 1: Make the Dredging Station
Combine buttermilk and eggs in a shallow bowl or container. In another, combine the breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
Step 2: Coat and Fry
Dredge the chicken in the egg mixture, then in the parmesan breadcrumb mixture. Fry the chicken in oil a few pieces at a time in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat until golden brown and cooked through. Be sure to flip the chicken halfway through cooking to get a crispy coating on each side of the chicken.
Step 3: Make the Lemon Sauce
Add all lemon sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until hot and bubbly. Pour over the chicken and enjoy!
Try This Parmesan Crusted Chicken Recipe Today
This parmesan crusted chicken is loaded with flavor, but it’s not loaded with work. In just a few minutes, you’ll have a chicken dish that’s crispy, seasoned to perfection, and finished off with a zingy lemon sauce. Give this one a try, and I guarantee everyone is going to love it.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Barbecue Chicken Nuggets – These chicken nuggets are are tender on the inside, crispy on the outside, and covered in a sweet barbecue sauce. The perfect appetizer or quick dinner recipe.
Bang Bang Chicken – The perfect chicken recipe appetizer for any occasion. These are crispy and crunchy on the outside and drizzled in a creamy and spicy sriracha sauce.
Air Fryer Chicken Kabobs – These are a healthy and delicious dinner recipe that is easy made right in the air fryer.
And, try this Mississippi Chicken from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. An easy slow cooker recipe that is hearty, flavor, and a delicious comfort food recipe that the entire family will love.
Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Lemon Sauce
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, slice in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, green container
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- In a shallow container, whisk buttermilk and eggs together.
- In another shallow container, add breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan and seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Dredge chicken in egg mixture, followed by Parmesan breadcrumb mixture.
- Add a few pieces of chicken at a time to the hot oil and fry for 5-6 minutes per side or until the chicken is golden brown and is thoroughly cooked.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add butter, garlic, chicken broth, lemon juice and black pepper. Stir and cook until hot and bubbly. Pour over chicken and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.