These mini chicken broccoli cheddar pot pies are an individual-sized comfort food recipe that is made with deliciously seasoned, tender pieces of chicken, broccoli florets, sharp cheddar cheese, and individual flaky pie crusts. A delicious and convenient meal option sure to please everyone at the table.
I love pot pies – any kind of pot pie. Chicken, turkey, beef, pork – if it’s pot pie, I’m all in. I also love making fun variations of classics, which is why I’ll often make mini pot pies. Lately, I’ve been making a lot of this delicious mini pot pie featuring tons of chicken, broccoli, and cheese. It’s a great flavor combination, and it always comes out so well in its little pie crust cups. These are great for family dinners or as fun additions to potlucks and parties.
Mini Chicken Broccoli Pot Pies
These mini pot pies start with chicken, onions, celery, and garlic that I season and then cook in a pan until it’s cooked through and the veggies are tender. Then, I add the gravy ingredients, and finally, the broccoli and cheese. I press pie crust into muffin pans, fill the crusts, and then add a top crust. Lastly, I bake them until they’re golden brown. After that, I just serve them and watch them disappear!
Why You’ll Love These Mini Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Pot Pies
- These mini pot pies are the perfect individual serving size, they are kid-friendly, and a delicious comfort food recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- They are easy to make, and the filling is made with simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand, or are easily available at the grocery store.
- The combination of tender, seasoned chicken, broccoli, cheddar cheese, and a flaky pie crust is the ultimate comfort food recipe.
Mini Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Pot Pies Ingredients
These pot pies are packed with a ton of flavor but not a ton of complicated ingredients. You’ll find everything you need in your kitchen or in one quick trip to the grocery store!
- Chicken breasts
- Cloves garlic
- All purpose flour
- Slap Ya Mama® seasoning
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Fresh broccoli
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust
- Large egg
How to Make Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Pot Pies
Making these mini pot pies is a snap. It only requires some basic cooking skills, and even beginners can make them without any trouble. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in just a few minutes.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and lightly spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Make the Crusts
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and use a large biscuit cutter to cut out 22 circles of dough – enough for 11 pot pies. Press 11 of the crust circles into the prepared muffin tin.
Step 3: Cook the Chicken and Veggies
Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet or frying pan. Then, add the chicken, onions, celery, and garlic and sprinkle them with the seasonings. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the onions and celery are tender.
Step 4: Make the Gravy
Sprinkle flour into the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Then, gradually pour the chicken broth and heavy cream into the pan, stirring frequently until hot and thickened.
Step 5: Add Broccoli and Cheese
Add the broccoli and cheese, stir, and cook for 5 minutes.
Step 6: Fill the Crusts
Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and top each one with the remaining pie crusts. Seal and flute the edges and cut several slits into the top pie crusts.
Step 7: Bake
Brush the tops of the mini pot pies with egg wash and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
- Press the pie crusts into the muffin tin starting at the center and then working outward to the sides of the cups. This make the most uniform crust.
- Wet your fingertips slightly and rub them on the inside edge of the top crust to help seal it to the bottom crust.
- Be sure to cut your chicken into small chunks so they fit easily into the mini pie crusts.
- You can make this with small chunks of turkey, beef, or pork, as well.
- Try adding your favorite vegetables like peas and diced carrots to the mix.
- For a kick of extra heat, try adding diced jalapenos.
What to Serve with Mini Chicken Broccoli Pot Pies
These pot pies may be mini, but they’re still the stars of your show. Pair them with simple sides like a side salad, crusty bread and butter, garlic bread, or garlic cheesy bread.
Pot pies as we know them in North America are meat pies made with chicken, beef, pork, or turkey, various vegetables, and a creamy sauce inside a pie crust.
Pot pie may be a North American classic, but if it weren’t for Greece, we wouldn’t have them. Around 500 BC, ancient Greeks made meat pies with a bottom crust but no top crust. They were called artocreas, and they were the original pot pies.
A chicken pot pie is done when the crust is golden brown and a food thermometer registers 165 degrees when inserted into a few different spots inside of it.
Pot pie crust will thicken a bit more as it cools. If you prefer a thicker filling, serve your pot pies warm.
I don’t recommend making the finished pot pies in advance. However, you can make the filling in advance, then refrigerate it until you’re ready to bake the pot pies.
How to Store and Reheat Mini Pot Pie Leftovers
Refrigerate these mini chicken broccoli pot pies in an airtight container for up to 3 days. For longer storage, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and freeze them for up to 3 months in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
To reheat the pot pies, place them on a baking sheet, cover loosely with foil, and bake at 350 until heated through.
Try This Delicious Mini Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Today
These mini chicken broccoli cheddar pot pies are absolutely delicious, and they come in such an adorable little package. They’re full of all the flavors we love in their big brothers, and they’re super easy to make. It doesn’t get better than that! Give these a try, and I know they’ll become a permanent part of your recipe rotation.
More Delicious Comfort Food Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Salisbury Steak Meatballs are a delicious and comforting meal that can be served as an appetizer or a main dish recipe. Loaded with savory flavor, these tender, juicy meatballs are a family favorite.
Mini Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Pot Pies
- 1 large chicken breasts, cut into small size pieces
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama® seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1¾ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 boxes Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 425° and lightly spray muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a large biscuit cutter, cut out all the dough. Should have 22 circles of dough enough for 11 pies with a top and bottom crust.
- Take the pie crusts and place them into the bottom of a muffin pan(s). Set the top pie crust aside temporarily.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken, onions, celery, and garlic to the pan.
- Sprinkle with Slap Ya Mama seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper. Cook until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and no longer pink, and the onions and celery are tender.
- Next, sprinkle flour into the pan, stir and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually pour chicken broth and heavy cream into the pan, stirring frequently until hot and thickened.
- Next, add the broccoli and cheese. Stir and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon pot pie mixture into prepared muffin pan(s) and top with remaining pie crust.
- Seal and flute edges of the mini pies as best you can, and cut several slits into the top of the pie crust.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water together and brush over each mini pot pie.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.