Kielbasa Sausage Pasta is a quick and easy kielbasa recipe that can be on the table in no time. A tasty, hearty, and delicious dinner recipe that is packed with flavor and can be made with simple ingredients.
Over the course of the years, I’ve made all kinds of recipes, from super simple dishes to incredibly involved ones for various reasons. I’ll routinely pull out a show stopper that might take a little longer than I normally like for special occasions, but for the day-to-day, I’m all about quick and easy. It still has to taste good, though! That’s why I love making recipes that combine simple ingredients and a lot of flavors. That’s exactly what you get with this delicious kielbasa sausage pasta recipe.
Kielbasa Sausage Pasta
I’m a big fan of kielbasa. I just love the flavor of this particular sausage. I love to put it in everything from eggs to pasta bakes. Sometimes, I’ll simply fry it up on the stove and eat it all by itself. What can I say? I’m hardcore. This delicious recipe makes kielbasa the star of the show, but the supporting cast is equally as important. Flavorful kielbasa comes together with onions and bell peppers, along with cajun seasoning and perfectly cooked pasta, then it’s all mixed with cheddar cheese to create a dish that’s easy, delicious, and absolutely cheese-tacular.
Why You’ll Love This Kielbasa Sausage Pasta
I mean, it’s made with kielbasa. I could stop right there, but I won’t. This recipe is absolutely delicious and so easy to make, it’s a real winner with a lot going for it.
- It uses simple ingredients to make a lot of flavor, and it’s incredibly easy to make.
- It’s so hearty. It only uses a few ingredients, but those few ingredients will fill you up right!
- It’s a quick weeknight dinner that’s so good and can be on the table in a flash.
This is another of my recipes that you can tweak to make it into several other recipes if you like. It’s so versatile and easy to play with, you’ll find yourself experimenting all the time.
- Use your favorite pasta in this dish. Any short noodle will work.
- Use your favorite cheese. Any strong cheese will work well with the kielbasa.
- Try using different sausages like polish, smoked, or turkey sausage.
- Use any of your favorite vegetables like zucchini, diced tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, or anything else you love.
Kielbasa Sausage Pasta Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about this kielbasa sausage pasta, then read on. The following FAQ answers the commonly asked questions about the dish.
What is kielbasa?
While most people think kielbasa is one particular kind of sausage, it’s actually any kind of polish sausage. Although, here in America, what we commonly call kielbasa is the U-shaped smoked sausage that’s usually made with pork.
What’s the best way to cook kielbasa?
You can cook this sausage in a variety of ways, and they’re all delicious. The three most common ways to cook kielbasa are:
- Simmering in water in a pan
What to serve with kielbasa sausage pasta?
This is a hearty recipe that’s a complete meal, especially with the addition of pasta and vegetables. As such, I recommend serving something light alongside it.
- Side salad
- Crusty bread
Can this kielbasa pasta recipe be made in advance?
Yes, it can. You only have to reheat it. However, it’s such a quick and easy recipe, I recommend making it right before serving if possible.
Can you freeze kielbasa sausage past?
Yes, you can. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat
Store this dish in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to 3 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
To reheat this dish, simply place it in a baking dish, cover it, and bake it for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees until heated through.
Kielbasa Sausage Pasta Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this dish. You’ll have many of them in your kitchen already. The rest are all easily found at your local grocery store.
- Rotini pasta
- Olive oil
- Kielbasa sausage
- Red bell pepper
- Green bell pepper
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Cajun seasoning
- Vodka sauce – in the pasta aisle
- Sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Kielbasa Sausage Pasta
Making this dish is just as easy as gathering up the ingredients. It only takes a few simple steps!
Step 1: Cook the Pasta
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Rise and return to the pot.
Step 2: Cook the Kielbasa
In a large skillet or frying pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced smoked kielbasa and cook until it is heated through.
Step 3: Add the Vegetables
Add the onions, bell peppers, and seasonings to the pan and stir. Continue cooking until the onions are translucent and the peppers are tender.
Step 4: Add the Wet Ingredients
Pour the Rotel, vodka sauce, and water into the skillet, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Step 5: Finish the Dish
Pour the cooked mixture into the pot with the pasta and stir. Then, add the cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Enjoy!
Try This Delicious Cheesy Kielbasa Pasta Recipe Today
This kielbasa sausage pasta comes together so quickly, and it’s absolutely delicious. It’s the perfect weeknight meal, and it’s always so satisfying. Give it a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making it again and again. It never gets old, especially because it’s so easy to change up.
More Delicious Sausage and Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
Italian Sausage Pasta – This is the perfect meal for your busy weeknight dinner. It’s quick and easy and is loaded with ground beef, Italian sausage, bell peppers, and a homemade pasta sauce.
Spinach Artichoke Pasta – This pasta is packed with delicious chicken sausage, artichoke hearts, and baby spinach all in a tomato-based sauce that is seasoned perfectly and poured over rotini pasta.
Try this Instant Pot Italian Sausage Pasta from Great Grub Delicious Treats. This pasta is a super quick, simple, and easy pasta recipe that is made with Italian sausage, sliced peppers, onions, cheese, and a delicious sauce.
Kielbasa Sausage Pasta
- 16 ounce box rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounce kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 10 ounce can Rotel®
- 24 ounce jar vodka sauce (or spaghetti sauce)
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Using a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse and return to pot.
- In a large cast iron skillet or frying pan, heat oil over medium heat and then add sliced kielbasa. Cook until sausage is heated through.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and the seasonings into pan and stir. Cook until onions are translucent and peppers are tender.
- Pour Rotel, vodka sauce and water into skillet, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for 15 minutes then pour into pot with pasta. Stir.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese into pot, stir to combine and enjoy.
Here’s a couple pics to save to your favorite Pinterest boards.