This cheesy taco pasta is a hearty and delicious pasta recipe loaded with taco-seasoned ground beef, corn, black beans, pasta, and more. A quick and easy, one-pot, weeknight dinner the whole family will enjoy.
I love tacos, and I love pasta. So this delicious taco pasta is the perfect dish for me. I’ve been making this recipe for years and years. It is the perfect dinner because it can feed our entire family and the kid’s ravenous friends the next day after school. In addition to feeding an army, this recipe is super easy to make. So what I have is a ton of food full of zesty spices and Mexican flavors that I can make in no time flat. I love it, and I know you will, too.
Cheesy Taco Pasta
This delicious taco pasta recipe starts with ground beef, onions, jalapenos, and seasonings that I cook with taco seasonings and other spices. After that, I add the Rotel tomatoes, vegetable broth, heavy cream, corn, beans, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and cooked pasta. And that’s all there is to it! It doesn’t get much easier than that, and it doesn’t get much tastier!
Why You’ll Love This Cheesy Taco Recipe
- It’s easy to make and can be on the table in about 30 minutes.
- It is flavorful and loaded with deliciously seasoned taco meat with a Southwest flare.
- It’s a quick and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Cheesy Taco Pasta Ingredients
This recipe only uses a few simple ingredients to make and they’re all at your local grocery store. You’ll find everything you need quickly and easily.
- Ground beef is the base of the recipe. Any type of ground beef will work but I recommend using lean ground beef for a healthier option.
- Onion adds a bit of sweetness and depth of flavor to the dish.
- Jalapeno adds a kick of heat and flavor. Omit the jalapeno if you do not care for spicy food.
- Slap Ya Mama is a Cajun seasoning that adds flavor and a bit of heat but it is not overwhelming.
- Black pepper adds a bit of heat and complexity to the dish.
- Garlic powder adds a garlicky flavor, and is a must-have for any taco-inspired dish.
- Rotel (tomatoes and peppers) adds a bit of acidity and a little sweetness.
- Vegetable broth or beef broth add moisture and helps bind all the ingredients together.
- Heavy cream adds richness and creaminess, and is a must-have for any cheesy pasta dish.
- Cream cheese also add richness and creaminess, and helps thicken the sauce.
- Sharp cheddar cheese adds a sharp, tangy flavor, and is a must-have for any taco inspired dish.
- Whole kernel corn adds texture and sweetness to the pasta dish, and adds some nutrients to the recipe.
- Black beans adds protein and fiber, and makes the dish more nutritious.
- Taco seasoning is used to add the perfect blend of spices and flavor to the pasta.
- Elbow macaroni is the classic pasta shape that holds up well with the sauce.
How to Make Cheesy Taco Pasta
Making this recipe is as simple as the ingredient list. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps, most of which are simply stirring. Easy peasy, taco cheesy.
Step 1: Cook the Beef
Cook the beef, onions, jalapenos, and seasonings in a large skillet over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and the onions and peppers are tender. Drain and return to the skillet.
Step 2: Add Taco Seasoning
Add taco seasoning and water to the skillet, then stir and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Add Rotel, Broth and Heavy Cream
Add the Rotel, vegetable broth, and heavy cream. Cook over medium heat until hot.
Step 4: Add the Corn, Black Beans, and Pasta
Add the corn, black beans, and uncooked pasta. Stir to combine and cook until pasta is tender.
Step 5: Add the Cream Cheese and Shredded Cheese
Lastly, add the cream cheese and shredded cheese. Stir until melted, and serve hot.
- This is a one-pot meal so make sure to use a large skillet or pot so everything will fit.
- Cook the ground beef until no longer pink and no further. Overcooked ground beef is tough, rubbery, and flavorless.
- Stir the cream cheese continuously to help it melt and incorporate into the taco pasta.
- For a mild version, add green chilies and omit the diced jalapenos.
- You can use any short noodle you like for this recipe.
- Try using Mexican or Taco blend cheeses, pepper jack, or Monterey jack in the recipe.
- You can use ground turkey, ground chicken, or even chorizo in this recipe if you like.
What to Serve with Cheesy Taco Pasta
This delicious pasta recipe is perfect with all our favorite Mexican sides like:
- Mexican coleslaw
- Spanish rice
- Mexican rice
- Quac and chips
- Salsa and chips
- Pico de Gallo and chips
- Cheesy cornbread
- Jalapeno cornbread
- Churros for dessert
- Toppings, such as cilantro, diced avocado, sour cream
You can simply simmer the meat longer to let more moisture evaporate. You can also add a sprinkling of flour and stir it into the mixture.
You should always drain your ground beef after cooking, no matter the recipe. If you don’t you’ll have a greasy, unappetizing dish that could also make you sick to your stomach.
Leftover pasta freezes fairly well and will last for up to 3 months in the freeze with sauce or on its own.
This taco pasta reheats very well and very easily. It’s the perfect dish to make the night before or the morning of the day you plan to serve it.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Cheesy Taco Pasta
Store the pasta in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, freeze it in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
To reheat the pasta, place it in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook until heated through.
Try This Delicious Cheesy Taco Pasta Recipe Today
This easy, cheesy taco pasta recipe is full of beef, cheese, and zesty Mexican spices. It’s also super easy to make which is a huge bonus. This delicious recipe is perfect for family dinners, parties, and any gathering. Give it a try, and I know it will be a part of your regular dinner rotation for the foreseeable feature.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This Chicken Caesar Bowtie Pasta Salad is a hearty and delicious salad recipe made with tender rotisserie chicken, crispy bacon, bowtie pasta, shredded Parmesan cheese, crisp romaine lettuce, Caesar croutons, and topped with a creamy dressing.
Cheesy Taco Pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, stems and seeds removed, diced
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 32 ounce vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounce Rotel (tomatoes and peppers)
- 15 ounce whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 ounce black beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounce elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef, onions, jalapenos, and seasonings.
- Cook until the meat is no longer pink and onions and peppers are tender.
- Drain grease and return to the pan.
- Add taco seasoning and water to the skillet, stir and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour vegetable broth, heavy cream, and Rotel into pan. Stir to combine and simmer until hot.
- Next, add corn, beans, and pasta. Stir to combine and cook until pasta is tender.
- Add cream cheese, and sharp cheddar. Stir until cream cheese is melted, and serve hot.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.