This cheesy beef sandwich recipe makes a delicious, cheesy hot ground beef sandwich that is stuffed inside French rolls, wrapped in foil, and baked in the oven. The bread is crunchy and toasty on the outside, and the inside is warm and tasty.
This delicious beef sandwich is my take on classic Sloppy Joes. It’s hearty and delicious, and full of beefy, cheesy flavor. I’ve been making these delicious sandwiches for quite some time and my family just loves them. I especially love to make these and have leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. The flavors are absolutely fantastic. When you put this filling on a bun and bake the entire thing, you’re in for a treat like you’ve never had.
Cheesy Beef Sandwich
This delicious sandwich starts with ground beef, onions, garlic, and zippy seasonings for a flavor that’s bold and has just the right amount of heat. Then, I add that mixture to a simple tomato sauce and add cheese until I get a tasty, cheesy, beefy filling. The best part is the way I fill the buns. Rather than just cutting the buns in half and having the filling ooze out all over when you bite into the sandwiches, I fill the buns whole. The middle is hollowed out and stuffed with the beef mixture. Then, the entire thing is baked until the filling is piping hot, and the buns are toasty on the outside and so soft on the inside.
Why You’ll Love These Cheesy Ground Beef Sandwiches
- They’re super flavorful and easy to make.
- They use simple ingredients that you might already have in your panty or that can easily be found at the local grocery store.
- They’re hearty and delicious sandwiches perfect for parties, get-togethers, or an easy weeknight dinner.
Cheesy Beef Sandwich Ingredients
The ingredient list for these sandwiches is nothing fancy. You’ll find everything you need in your pantry or at the store. The actual measurements are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Lean ground beef
- Tomato sauce
- Chopped black olives
- Yellow onion
- Garlic minced
- Chili powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- French sub rolls or hoagie rolls
How to Make This Cheesy Beef Sandwich Recipe
Making this recipe is just as easy as the ingredient list. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps!
Step 1: Cook the Beef
Add the ground beef, chopped onions, garlic, seasonings, salt, and black pepper to a large skillet or frying pan and cook over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Drain the grease and return the beef to the pan.
Step 2: Add the Sauce Ingredients
Add the tomato sauce, olives, and cheese to the beef mixture and stir to combine.
Step 3: Fill the Rolls
Slice the tops off of the rolls and hollow them out. Then, spoon the mixture into each roll, replace the top slice of bread, and wrap tightly in foil.
Step 4: Bake
Bake the sandwiches for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees until heated through.
- Cook the beef until it’s no longer pink and no further. You don’t want dry beef.
- When hollowing out the rolls, leave at least ⅓-inch of bread so you don’t break through when filling them.
- Be careful when unwrapping the sandwiches. They’re hot!
- You can make a lower-calorie version with ground turkey.
- This recipe works with leftover shredded beef or pork, as well.
- For more heat, add diced jalapenos.
- You can use your favorite variety of cheese for this mixture.
What to Serve with This Cheesy Beef Sandwich Recipe
These sandwiches are perfect with all your favorite summer and sandwich sides. Some great ideas include:
- French fries
- Sweet potato fries
- Potato chips
- Tortilla chips
- Mac and cheese
- Pasta salad
- Baked beans
- Potato salad
What cheese goes best with beef?
A variety of cheeses work well with beef. Some of the best include:
- Pepper Jack
How long will these cheesy beef sandwiches last in the fridge?
You can store these in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Be aware that the longer these are stored, the soggier the bread gets.
Can you freeze leftover ground beef sandwiches?
You sure can. They’ll keep for up to 3 months in the freezer.
How to Store and Reheat Cheesy Beef Sandwich
Store these sandwiches in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For longer storage, wrap leftover sandwiches in a double layer of plastic wrap and place them in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat leftovers, wrap the sandwiches in foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 until heated through.
Try This Delicious Cheesy Beef Sandwich Recipe Today
This cheesy beef sandwich recipe is loaded with flavor, not work. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps, and everyone always loves the hearty flavors. It doesn’t get much better than that. Whether you make this recipe for lunch, dinner, or a special occasion, just make it. Once you do, I know you’ll be keeping in your regular rotation.
More Delicious Sandwich Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Meatloaf Grilled Cheese – This delicious sandwich recipe combines two classic favorites into one hearty sandwich recipe.
Chicken Salad Sandwich – This hearty sandwich is made with tender chicken, red grapes, chopped walnuts, water chestnuts, and more, all between toasted deli swirl rye pumpernickel bread.
Easy Club Sandwich – Turkey, ham, bacon, avocado, two types of cheese, lettuce and tomatoes make up this delicious classic favorite sandwich recipe.
And, here is a delicious Fried Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, you will enjoy as well.
Cheesy Beef Sandwich Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large frying pan, add ground beef, chopped onions, garlic, seasonings, salt and pepper and cook until the meat is cooked thoroughly. Drain grease and return to pan.
- Add tomato sauce, olives and cheese. Stir until combined.
- Cut the tops off of each roll and remove the bread inside.
- Spoon meat mixture into each roll, put the top of the bread back on the roll and wrap each roll in foil.
- Bake until heated thoroughly, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, unwrap and enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.