This slow cooker chicken and stuffing is a delicious, easy chicken crock pot recipe that takes only a matter of minutes to throw together with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. A tender and flavorful weeknight dinner the family is going to love.
This delicious comfort food recipe is always a great choice for a family dinner because it’s quick, easy, and delicious. Using your slow cooker, you can create a hearty meal that will have you in and out of the kitchen in not time. It couldn’t be easier! I know because I’ve been making this recipe for quite a while. My family loves chicken, and we’re all about the stuffing life. That makes this recipe a huge winner in my home. It’s so easy to make and it always satisfies everyone who eats it. That’s because it’s so hearty. Chicken breasts and stuffing served up with your favorite vegetables makes for a meal that will fill you up and keep your tastebuds happy.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
This recipe is made in the slow cooker, so it couldn’t be simpler. It’s also so delicious and filling that even the biggest eaters will be satisfied. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are topped with seasonings, Swiss cheese, and Stove Top stuffing, then cooked for hours in the slow cooker to create a meal that’s loaded with tender, juicy chicken, classic stuffing flavor, and a healthy dose of nostalgia. After all, almost all of us have enjoyed stuffing and chicken or turkey for most of our lives! My family loves this dish because it makes a meal that feels almost like the holidays any time of year!
Why You’ll Love This Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
- It’s an easy slow cooker recipe that uses simple ingredients easily found at the grocery store.
- It’s a delicious weeknight dinner that only takes a matter of minutes to throw together.
- It is so flavorful with tender chicken and stuffing that’s all cooked together to slow-cooked perfection.
- And, it’s like a holiday meal any time of the year!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing Tips and Variations
- Be sure you spray your slow cooker with nonstick spray to prevent sticking and burning.
- Always place your onions on the bottom so they get nice and soft.
- I love Stove Top Stuffing but you can use your favorite boxed stuffing in this recipe.
- Try adding a couple of cloves of diced garlic for even more flavor.
- A little Italian sausage really makes the dish feel like the holidays.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
This delicious dish tastes like the holidays any time of year. Its flavors are also quite basic and rustic, so there’s almost no limit to what you can serve with this delicious recipe. Some of my favorites are:
- Mixed Vegetables
- Dinner Rolls
- Cranberry Sauce
- Your Favorite Casseroles
Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing FAQ
Can I use chicken tenderloins instead of breasts in a crock pot?
Absolutely. Use enough tenderloins to equal the amount of the chicken breasts used in this recipe and cook it for exactly the same amount of time.
Can I use frozen chicken breasts for this chicken and stuffing?
No. Not many people know this, but the USDA advises to always thaw meat and poultry before cooking it in the slow cooker for safety.
How long will this last in the fridge?
You can store your leftovers for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Can you freeze leftover chicken and stuffing?
Absolutely. Place it in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze it for up to 3 months.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
To reheat this dish, place it in a baking dish and bake it covered at 350 for about 30 minutes or until heated through.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing Ingredients
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Swiss cheese
- Garlic powder
- Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- Black pepper
- Stove Top stuffing
- Cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup
- Diced green chilies
- Low sodium chicken broth
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
Making this recipe is a snap. In fact, the most work you’ll do is going to the store to get the ingredients. Talk about easy!
Step 1: Prep
Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Layer the Ingredients
Add the onions to the bottom of the slow cooker followed by the chicken breasts. Then, sprinkles the breasts with seasoning and place two slices of Swiss cheese on top of each breast. Add the stuffing mix, drizzle it with melted butter, and spread the cream of chicken soup over it. Finally, add the diced green chilies and chicken broth.
Step 3: Cook
Cover and cook on high for 4 ½ to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Try This Delicious Slow Cooker Chicken Recipe Today
This slow cooker chicken and stuffing is easy, delicious, and so satisfying. It’s the trifecta of recipes. It doesn’t get better! It’s like having Thanksgiving dinner any day of the week. Give this one a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making it again and again. When you find a recipe this easy and delicious, why wouldn’t you? Whip up a batch today and prepare to be amazed!
More Delicious Crock Pot Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Crockpot Pork Ribs – These pork ribs are so easy to make and are so flavorful. They are super tender and always a hit every time they are made.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice – A delicious and hearty chicken and rice recipe that is super easy to make and is a great for any time of the year.
Easy Crock Pot Chuck Roast – A tender, juicy chuck roast that is super flavorful, fall off the fork tender, and is great to use the leftover roast for tacos, burritos, enchiladas and so much more.
And, this delicious Mississippi Chicken, from Great Grub, Delicious Treats, is slow cooked and is a family favorite chicken recipe the whole family is going to love.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounce stove top stuffing
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 10 ounce cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounce diced green chilies
- 1¼ cups low sodium chicken broth
- Spray a 6 quart crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add onions to the bottom of the pot followed by chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with seasonings, and place two slices of Swiss cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- Add dry stuffing mix and drizzle with melted butter.
- Next, spread the cream of chicken soup over the stuffing mix, add diced green chilies and pour chicken broth over the top.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 ½-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.