These mini pumpkin spice pancakes are packed with the warm, cozy flavors of fall, and what better way to celebrate the season than with these bite-size pancakes. They are simple to make and are perfect for any occasion.
The only thing better than a stack of pancakes is a stack of pancakes on a fall day. And the only thing better than a stack of pancakes on a fall day is a stack of pumpkin spice pancakes on a fall day! If you love real pumpkin spice – not the fake stuff – as much as I do, and you’re a fan of breakfast, then you’ve come to the right place. Today, I’m sharing my delicious mini pumpkin spice pancakes with all of you.
I’ve been making these delicious pancakes for some time now. I’ve always loved pumpkin spice everything, and when I decided to try it in my pancakes, I knew I’d hit the jackpot. It was fairly evident that they were good because they were gone in about a second. Seriously, I felt like I turned around for a minute, and when I turned back, everyone’s plates were empty!
Mini Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
These delicious pancakes are made with a basic pancake recipe. The only thing different is the addition of a little pumpkin puree and classic pumpkin spice spices. I mix the batter until just combined – not too much – then I cook them on a griddle or in a pan until they’re fluffy and golden. That’s all there is to it. After that, it’s just a matter of serving them up and watching them disappear. They’re ready in just a few minutes, and they’re always a hit with everyone.
Why You’ll Love This Mini Pumpkin Spice Pancake Recipe
- These mini pancakes are packed with pumpkin spice flavor and they are full or the warm, cozy flavors of fall.
- They’re easy to make, the recipe is simple to follow, and can be made in just a couple minutes.
- They are perfect for any occasion and are great to serve for breakfast, brunch, or for those fun “breakfast for dinner’ nights.
Mini Pumpkin Spice Pancakes Ingredients
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this recipe, and if you do any amount of baking at all, you’ll probably have most if not all of them in your kitchen already. Anything you don’t have is one quick trip to the grocery store away, and 99% of the ingredients are in one aisle.
- All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Ground cloves
- Large eggs
- Pumpkin puree
- Vegetable oil
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Making these pancakes is as easy as it gets. It just takes a little mixing and a few minutes on the griddle. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in just about 30 minutes tops.
Step 1: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt together in a large bowl.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Ingredients
Whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, and vegetable oil together in another bowl.
Step 3: Make the Pancake Batter
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Let the batter rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Step 4: Cook the Pancakes
While the pancake batter rests, lightly grease a griddle or frying pan and heat over medium heat (375 degrees for an electric griddle). Then, pour ⅛ cup of batter onto the hot griddle and cook until the pancakes are golden and cooked through on both sides. Enjoy!
- DO NOT overmix your batter. Mix the dry and wet ingredients until they just come together and no further. Otherwise, your pancakes will be dense and tough.
- For the fluffiest pancakes, let the batter rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cooking.
- Cook your pancakes until the batter begins to form bubbles on top. Then, flip the pancakes and cook until golden on both sides.
- To check for doneness, gently lift the flipped pancake with a spatula. If it’s golden brown, it’s finished.
- Pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie filling are often placed close together in the baking aisle. Be careful not to accidentally buy pie filling.
- Try adding chocolate or butterscotch chips to the batter.
- Top your pancakes with some chopped pecans before flipping.
- Try mixing syrup with a little cinnamon before topping your pancakes.
What to Serve with Mini Pumpkin Pancakes
Serve these pancakes topped with whipped cream and fresh berries or maple syrup. They also make a sweet addition to a larger breakfast with all of your savory favorites like sausage, bacon, breakfast ham, eggs, hash browns, and more.
Your pancake batter should absolutely be lumpy. If you have smooth pancake batter, you’ve overmixed it by a mile.
Be sure your baking powder and soda are extremely fresh. Mix your ingredients until just combined and no further, and let the batter rest for 5 to 10 minutes so any gluten can relax.
These delicious pumpkin spice pancakes are fantastic when topped with any of your favorite pancake toppings like:
Maple cinnamon syrup
You can make this batter in advance and refrigerate it until you’re ready to cook the pancakes.
The best way to cook mini pancakes is on a griddle or in a skillet. Cook them exactly the way you would full-size pancakes, flipping them after bubbles begin to form on top.
How to Store, Reheat, and Freeze Mini Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Refrigerate these pancakes for up to 4 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, place them in single layers separated by parchment paper in an airtight, freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat the pancakes, defrost them overnight in the fridge if frozen. Then, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet, brush them with a little melted butter, cover with foil, and bake at 350 for 4 to 7 minutes until heated through.
Try This Delicious Mini Pumpkin Spice Pancake Recipe Today
These mini pumpkin spice pancakes are just as soft, fluffy, and full of pumpkin spice flavor as their big brothers, but they’re so adorable. They make the perfect fall breakfast all on their own or paired with your favorite savory breakfast items, so there’s never a wrong way to enjoy them. They’re also ridiculously easy, so you’ll love making them as much as you love eating them. Give them a try, and I know you’ll fall in love.
Mini Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin puree and vegetable oil together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Let batter rest for 5 minutes for extra fluffy pancakes.
- Lightly grease a griddle or frying pan and heat over medium heat (375 degrees if using an electric griddle).
- Pour ⅛ cup of batter onto the hot griddle and cook pancakes until they are golden brown and cooked through on both sides.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings, such as butter, maple syrup, whipped cream or fresh fruit.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.