This marry me chicken with pasta recipe is a delicious chicken dinner recipe that has a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce and is served over bowtie pasta. A delicious weeknight dinner idea that the family will enjoy.
Marry me chicken might sound like it should be reserved for couples, but this simple dish is actually one that’s great any time. It’s easy and delicious, and it makes a great family dinner any time of the week. When I first had this dish, I thought, “That’s a cute name.” Then, I tasted it, and I thought, “Well, I guess I just found a new chicken dish to make.” I’ve been making it ever since. My family and I love the delicious chicken and creamy sauce that goes over the top of it. I particularly love that it’s not a complicated recipe to make. Even though it’s all from scratch, I can get in and out of the kitchen quickly, giving me more time with my loved ones and less time in the kitchen.
Marry Me Chicken With Pasta
Marry me chicken with pasta might just make your significant other want to marry you after they eat it. It’s that good. Perfectly seasoned, tender, and juicy chicken breasts are topped with a rich, creamy sauce, and it’s all served over a bed of al dente bow tie pasta. It’s a super flavorful chicken recipe that has the perfect combination of spices and just the right amount of heat, and it comes together in a flash.
Why You’ll Love This Marry Me Chicken Recipe
- The seasonings used on the chicken and in the sauce marry perfectly. I had to…
- It only uses simple, easy ingredients that you can find at your local grocery store and most likely in your spice rack.
- It’s a delicious dinner recipe that everyone loves.
Marry Me Chicken Tips
This recipe is really quite simple, but I do have some tips that will help you take it from good to great. These are all simple tips, but they make a big difference.
- Always pound your chicken to a uniform thickness so they cook evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan when frying the chicken. When you overcrowd, the temperature of the oil falls and the breading absorbs too much of the oil before it can brown.
- Always cook your noodles to al dente. You don’t want soggy noodles!
Marry Me Chicken with Pasta FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about Marry Me Chicken.
Why is it called marry me chicken?
Marry me chicken gets its name by how well the ingredients marry with one another.
What is marry me chicken?
It’s a chicken dish made with pan-fried breaded chicken, a creamy sauce, and served over noodles or rice.
What’s the difference between a chicken breast and a chicken cutlet?
A chicken breast is an entire breast while a cutlet is a thin slice of the breast.
What goes with marry me chicken?
It’s best over a bed of pasta, rice, couscous, or with roasted potatoes.
How do you make chicken breast cutlets?
You can either slice the chicken breast thinly or cut the breast in half and pound the pieces to your desired thickness.
Can you freeze marry me chicken?
No. The cream sauce will break when defrosted.
How to Store and Reheat Marry Me Chicken with Pasta
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container. To reheat this, place the chicken and sauce in a shallow baking dish and cover with foil. Then, bake for about 20 minutes at 350 or until heated through.
Marry Me Chicken with Pasta Ingredients
It only takes simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Chicken breasts
- Garlic salt
- Slap Ya Mama
- Olive oil
- Chicken broth
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Red pepper flakes
- Dried oregano
- Parsley flakes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
How to Make Marry Me Chicken with Pasta
It only takes a few simple steps to make this recipe. You’ll be in and out of the kitchen in around 40 minutes!
Step 1: Prep
Cook the pasta according to the package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside. Then, using a sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound them to the desired thickness.
Step 2: Flour the Chicken
Whisk the flour, garlic salt, pepper, paprika, and Slap Ya Mama seasoning together in a shallow dish. Then, coat each piece of the chicken thoroughly in the flour mixture.
Step 3: Fry the Chicken
Heat oil or butter over medium-high heat in a large cast iron skillet or frying pan. Place the chicken in the pan three pieces at a time and pan-fry for 4 to 5 minutes per side until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
Step 4: Make the Sauce
In the same pan, add garlic and cook for a minute. Then, add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and cook over medium heat, bringing it to a boil. Next, add the red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, parsley, and sun-dried tomatoes. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
Step 5: Complete the Dish
Place the chicken on a bed of pasta, top with sauce, and garnish with additional parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Try This Marry Me Chicken Recipe with Pasta Today
This dish is so full of flavor and so easy to make, you can serve it up any time you want! It’s an easy chicken and pasta dish that’s loaded with flavor and only requires a minimal amount of work. With a combination like that, you have to give it a try. Make it once, and I know you’ll have it in your dinner rotation forever.
More Easy Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta – This is a simple and quick pasta recipe that is loaded with so much flavor. It has tender chicken, bacon, ranch seasoning, garlic and onions, all mixed with a creamy sauce.
Chicken Parmesan Bites – This recipe is everything that you love about chicken parmesan, but in bite sized pieces, making it super kid friendly and the perfect dish to make for dinner this week.
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo – A delicious pasta dish that is made with tender chicken, thick fettuccine noodles, and a creamy and homemade Alfredo sauce that the entire family will enjoy.
Also, try this Chicken Stroganoff from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. This dish is creamy, hearty, and a delicious comfort food that is made with chicken breasts, onions, mushrooms, and tossed in an amazing creamy sauce.
Marry Me Chicken with Pasta
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound to desired thickness.
- In a shallow dish, whisk flour, garlic salt, pepper, paprika and Slap Ya Mama seasoning together.
- Coat each piece of chicken into the flour mixture and coat both sides.
- In a large flying pan, heat butter and oil over medium high heat and place 2-3 pieces of chicken into the pan.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165°. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- After all the chicken has been cooked, add garlic, stir for a minute, then add chicken broth, heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine and cook over medium heat. Bring to a boil and add red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, parsley flakes and sun dried tomatoes into sauce.
- Stir, and reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes or so.
- Serve chicken over pasta and top with sauce.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.