These garlic parmesan roasted potatoes are a super easy and delicious side dish recipe that is seasoned perfectly with a variety of spices and parmesan cheese, then baked in the oven until tender.
Roasted potatoes are such a great side dish. They go with almost anything. Beef, pork, chicken, and even fish are all great with these tasty roasted spuds. I’ve made them for years, and for a long time, I simply coated them with olive oil and a few simple spices. However, after a few years of making roasted potatoes, I thought it was time for a change. I do love the simplicity of roasted potatoes, so I didn’t want to get too fancy. To that end, I simply added some parmesan cheese and one of my favorite seasoning blends. That was it. I had an instant hit on my hands.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
My entire family loves these potatoes. They’re so delicious, and I love that they’re so easy. These potatoes are combined with garlic, onion, black pepper, and two of my secret ingredients – parmesan cheese and Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning. This combination makes for roasted potatoes that have all that rich potato flavor, a pop of garlic and onion, and a healthy helping of that signature Cajun flavor and heat that I love so much. These simple potatoes are perfect for weeknight dinners, potlucks, barbecues, or pretty much any occasion, which is another great reason to love them, too!
Why You’ll Love These Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- These potatoes are GOOD! They’re full of delicious flavors that pair well with almost any main dish you can think of.
- It’s an incredibly simple recipe that only uses simple ingredients. You’ll never have to search for any fancy ingredients or do any cooking gymnastics.
- These potatoes make an amazing side dish. I’ve served them with everything from beef to fish. I honestly can’t think of anything they wouldn’t go well with.
This potato recipe is absolutely delicious as-is, but there are some things you can do to mix it up if you like. With a few simple tweaks, you can make a variety of roasted potato options from this one recipe.
- Use your favorite potatoes like red, Yukon gold, or baby creamers. If you don’t want to take the time to cut potatoes, you can even use baby or fingerling potatoes.
- I love the combination of spices that I’ve used in this recipe, but you can use any spice combination that you love. Add and remove spices as you see fit. Thyme, oregano, basil, or fresh parsley would be delicious additions to the seasonings.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes FAQ
If you have questions about these garlic parmesan roasted potatoes, then I have you covered. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
What are the best potatoes for roasting?
The three most commonly used potatoes for roasting are russet, Yukon gold, and red potatoes. Russet potatoes roast up crisp and pale in color. Yukon gold potatoes are balanced with a firm texture and fairly crispy exterior. Red potatoes have a beautiful dark color when roasted but are softer than russets or Yukon golds.
Do I need to parboil potatoes before roasting?
You don’t have to, but it helps. Boiling the potatoes for a bit before roasting helps get a great crisp crust on the outside and lets the fat penetrate the potato. I roast potatoes both ways, and I think they’re equally delicious.
Should I use shredded or grated parmesan cheese?
It really depends on your preference. They both work. Shredded parmesan cheese will result in potatoes that have visibly melted cheese on them, while grated parmesan cheese will result in potatoes that simply have that great parmesan flavor.
Why are my potatoes sticking to the pan?
If you don’t spray your foil with nonstick spray, your potatoes can stick to it.
What to Serve with Roasted Potatoes
The better question is what can’t you serve with roasted potatoes. Roasted potatoes pair well with everything. Some great options include:
- Fried pork chops
- Rosemary chicken
- BBQ ribs
How to Store Leftover Roasted Potatoes
Store these garlic parmesan roasted potatoes in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. For longer storage you can freeze these potatoes for up to 4 months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make these potatoes. Don’t be surprised if you have them all in your kitchen right now.
- 2-3 large potatoes
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Parsley flakes
- Slap Ya Mama
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Making these potatoes is incredibly easy. It only takes a few steps!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Then, spray it with nonstick spray and set aside.
Step 2: Prep the Potatoes
Wash and cut the potatoes in half. Then cut each half into wedges, keeping the wedges as similar in size as possible.
Step 3: Season the Potatoes
Add the potato wedges to a large bowl and toss with oil. Then sprinkle them with minced garlic, seasonings, and parmesan cheese. Mix to coat evenly.
Step 4: Roast the Potatoes
Place on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake the potatoes for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender.
Try These Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes Today
These delicious garlic parmesan roasted potatoes are so good and so easy to make. It only takes a few minutes and about an hour in the oven, and you’ll have delicious potatoes that is the perfect side dish for almost anything. Give these potatoes a try, and I know you’ll love them as much as I do.
More Potato Side Dish Recipes You’ll Love
Grown Up Tater Tots – Smashed baby Yukon potatoes that are seasoned and baked until crispy and tender.
Easy Au Gratin Potatoes – A creamy comfort food recipe that is made with sliced potatoes and a delicious cream sauce.
Try these Mini Baked Parmesan Potato Rounds by Great Grub, Delicious Treats. They’re covered in parmesan cheese, garlic salt, and absolutely delicious.
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with a nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Wash and cut potatoes in half and then cut each half into wedges. Try to cut each wedge into similar thickness for even cooking.
- In a large bowl, add in potato wedges and oil. Toss to coat evenly with oil and then sprinkle with minced garlic, seasonings and parmesan cheese. Mix well to coat evenly.
- Place wedges onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out into a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.
Here are a couple photos to pin to your favorite Pinterest boards.