These Jalapeño popper egg rolls are a delicious appetizer recipe loaded with all the classic ingredients of jalapeno poppers with the addition of chicken. They are fried to crispy golden perfection and make great party or game-day food.
I love egg rolls, and I love jalapeno poppers. I’ve been making both for years. They’re each delicious appetizers that everyone always loves. So I thought, why not put them together? That’s exactly what I did, and what I got was exceptional. I love to make these for any party I’m attending. They’re so full of flavor and so easy to make, so it’s a no-brainer for almost any occasion. These are great for the kids because they can eat them after school. I make double batches because their friends were usually in tow, as well.
Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls
These delicious egg rolls combine tender shredded chicken with all the spicy, cheesy goodness we love about jalapeno poppers. Then, the filling is rolled up in egg roll wrappers and pan-fried to golden brown perfection. It’s a super-easy mashup recipe that combines two of our favorite foods into one super appetizer that can’t be beat!
Why You’ll Love These Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls
- They’re fried to crispy, golden perfection and make a great game-day appetizer.
- They have all the classic jalapeno popper ingredients plus chicken for a special appetizer everyone will enjoy.
- They’re great served with guacamole, salsa, ranch dressing, or as a grab-and-go snack.
- Shred the chicken as soon as you’re able to safely handle it. Warm chicken shreds much more easily than cool chicken.
- Don’t crowd your pan when frying the egg rolls. They need room to crisp and brown properly.
- You only need to moisten your egg roll wrapper a bit to make them stick. Don’t drown the edge or it will get gooey.
- You can make these without any meat.
- Try adding shredded beef or pork.
What to Serve with Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls
These delicious egg rolls are wonderful on their own or as part of a larger appetizer table at any party. Some great pairings include:
- Buffalo wings
- Mozzarella sticks
What’s in jalapeno popper egg rolls?
They’re full of classic jalapeno popper ingredients like bacon, jalapeno peppers, cream cheese, and shredded cheese, then the filling is stuffed into egg rolls and fried.
Can you put jalapeno popper chicken egg rolls in the air fryer?
You can. Simply cook them at 360 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes.
Can you make these egg rolls ahead of time?
You can make the filling ahead of time, but I don’t recommend making them until it’s time to eat. They’re best when freshly cooked.
Are bigger jalapenos hotter than small ones?
Generally speaking, bigger jalapenos are hotter because they’ve had more time to grow. The more mature a jalapeno is, the hotter it is, generally but is not always the case.
How to Store and Reheat Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls
Store these in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze them in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag for up to a month.
To reheat, place the egg rolls on a foil-covered baking sheet and bake them for 5 minutes at 350 degrees, flipping them over halfway through cooking.
Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls Ingredients
This recipe uses simple ingredients that you can easily find at your local grocery store.
- Chicken breasts
- Slap Ya Mama
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Olive oil
- Jalapeño peppers
- Monterey jack cheese
- Cream cheese
- Egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls
Making these egg rolls is very straightforward. It only takes a few simple steps from start to finish, and they’re all incredibly easy.
Step 1: Cook the Chicken
Add the chicken to a large skillet or frying pan with olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle with seasonings and cook until the outside has a good sear. Then, add butter to the pan, flip the chicken and baste each breast. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Shred the Chicken
Add the chicken without the juices to a large bowl. Let it cool until you can safely handle it and shred it.
Step 3: Make the Egg Roll Filling
Add the diced jalapenos, shredded cheese, cream cheese, and bacon to the chicken and stir to combine.
Step 4: Fill the Egg Rolls
Add 2 tablespoons of mixture to the center of each egg roll wrapper. Moisten the edges of the wrappers with a bit of water and roll them up.
Step 5: Fry
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Then, add a few egg rolls at a time into the hot oil and cook until browned on all sides, about 2-3 minutes. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil and enjoy!
Try These Delicious Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls Today
These jalapeno popper egg rolls are easy to make, filled with classic, delicious jalapeno popper flavor, and so crispy and golden on the outside. They’re the perfect mashup of 2 favorite appetizers, and everyone always loves them. They’re so easy to make that you’ll love them, too. Give this recipe a try, and I guarantee you’ll find yourself looking for reasons to make these egg rolls.
More Appetizer Recipes to Try
Air Fryer Cheese Pigs in a Blanket – A delicious little smokie that is filled with a cream cheese mixture and then baked to a golden perfection.
Soft Pretzel Bites – Homemade pretzel bites are super easy to make and are great for any kind of party or event.
Avocado Egg Rolls – These egg rolls are loaded with black beans, avocados, corn, and perfect for any occasion.
Also, check out these Game Day Appetizers from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. Here you will find 25 appetizers that are great for game days or parties.
Jalapeño Popper Egg Rolls with Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon Slap Ya Mama
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jalapenos, stem, seeds removed, diced
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounce cream cheese
- 8 strips bacon, crispy, crumbled
- 16 ounce package egg roll wrappers
- 1-2 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Using a large frying pan, add olive oil and heat over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Once you have a good sear, add butter to the pan, flip the chicken oven and baste each breast with the butter.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken to a large mixing bowl, discard the juices.
- Let chicken cool a bit then shred it.
- Add diced jalapenos, shredded cheese, cream cheese and bacon to the shredded chicken. Stir to combine.
- Add two tablespoons of chicken mixture to the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Moisten the edges with water and roll up.
- Add vegetable oil to the frying pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add a few egg rolls at a time and cook until browned on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.