Cookie bites with pumpkin mousse are the perfect fall treat. These bite-sized cookie cups are filled with a light and airy pumpkin mousse filling, and topped with whipped cream and a sprinkling of pumpkin pie spice. These mini cookie cups are perfect to serve at parties, potlucks, holiday gatherings, or for enjoying as a special treat.
Pumpkin. Is there anything better when fall rolls around? No. The answer is no. I’m not talking weird, artificially flavored pumpkin spice stuff. You know, the processed stuff they make just to jump on the pumpkin spice train. Oh, no. I’m talking real, homemade pumpkin spice treats! Pumpkin bread, pumpkin bars, pumpkin pie – give me all the pumpkin! One recipe that I’ve really been stuck on the past couple of years is these pumpkin mousse cookie bites. The simple cookie cup is the perfect vehicle for all that smooth, airy pumpkin mousse! Oh, they’re so good, and they’re perfect for parties or holiday gatherings.
These delicious pumpkin mousse cookie bites start with a cookie crust made with a simple cookie dough. I bake them until golden, then press them into a cup shape. After that, I fill them with a homemade pumpkin mousse that’s rich, decadent, and full of the flavor of fall. After that, I just watch them disappear! They never last long, and that’s fine with me because they’re so easy to make!
Why You’ll Love This Cookie Bite Recipe
- These cookie bites are a delicious and easy way to enjoy the flavors of fall.
- The combination of the sugar cookie cups with the light and airy pumpkin mousse filling is simply irresistible.
- They’re a bite-size cookie with a delicious filling that is easy to make and does not require any special skills or equipment.
Cookie Bites Ingredients
It only takes a few simple baking ingredients to make this recipe. Even the pumpkin mousse only uses a few basic ingredients. You’ll find everything you need in your kitchen or a quick trip to the grocery store!
For the Cookie Cups
- Butter, room temperature
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
For the Pumpkin Mousse
- Heavy cream
- Pumpkin puree
- Powdered sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Pumpkin spice
How to Make Cookie Bites with Pumpkin Mousse
This is a super easy recipe that even beginners can make. Both the cookie cups and the mousse come together quickly and easily, so you’ll have no trouble with this one.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Combine the Wet Ingredients
Mix the butter, sugar, brown sugar, rum extract, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
Step 3: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in another bowl.
Step 4: Make the Cookie Dough
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
Step 5: Bake
Roll the dough into ½-inch balls and press firmly into the bottom of the muffin pan. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until the edges are golden and the middles are fully set.
Step 6: Make the Cups
Remove the cookies from the oven and press the handle of a wooden spoon into the centers of the cookies to make cookie cups. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Step 7: Make the Whipped Cream
Beat heavy cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
Step 8: Make the Pumpkin Mixture
Whisk the pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
Step 9: Make the Mousse
Gently fold the pumpkin mixture into the whipped cream until just combined. Chill in the refrigerator while the cookie cups cool.
Step 10: Fill
Pipe or spoon the pumpkin mousse into each cookie cup, top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice, and enjoy!
- Use a spoon handle to make the cookie cups while they’re hot and pliable.
- If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a spoon to spoon the mousse into the cups.
- Let the cookie cups cool completely before filling them with the mousse.
- Stop whipping the cream as soon as stiff peaks form or you’ll beat the air out of it and cause it to deflate.
- Fold the pumpkin mixture gently into the whipped cream. Don’t stir it, or it will collapse.
- Sugar cookie and snickerdoodle dough works well in this recipe.
- You can use Cool Whip if you prefer.
- Bake the cookie dough in a sheet and make pumpkin mousse cookie bars!
What to Serve with Pumpkin Mousse Cookie Bites
Serve these delicious pumpkin mousse cookie bites with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. They’re also delicious as part of a larger sweet treat spread featuring other cookies, bars, and the like.
Cookie Bites Recipe FAQ
Cookie bites are variations of cookies. They feature a cookie that’s been formed into a cup and then filled with various sweet fillings.
These cookie bites will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
You can make the cookie cups up to a day in advance. Then, fill them with the mousse and serve.
This recipe will make 60 cookie bites.
Yes, you can! It’s a simple dough, and like most cookie doughs, it will keep for about a month in the freezer.
How to Store Cookie Bites with Pumpkin Mousse
Refrigerate these bites for up to 5 days in an airtight container. For longer storage, chill the bites and wrap them in a layer of plastic wrap. Then, freeze them for up to 2 months in an airtight container.
Try These Delicious Cookie Bites Today
These pumpkin mousse cookie bites are super easy to make and absolutely explode with rich, creamy pumpkin flavor in every bite. They’re a great addition to any party or holiday gathering, and they always go fast. A recipe like this is just begging you to make it, and I hope you will. Make it just once, and I know it will become a permanent part of your seasonal recipe rotation.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread is an easy and delicious fall dessert recipe that is made with crescent dough that is covered in cinnamon, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice, along with a pumpkin sauce, and topped with a pumpkin spice icing drizzle. A delicious monkey bread recipe the whole family will enjoy.
Cookie Bites with Pumpkin Mousse
- Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a mini muffin pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar, brown sugar, rum extract, and eggs together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix on medium speed until just combined.
- Roll dough into ½ inch balls and press firmly into the bottom of the muffin pan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until edges are golden brown and the middle of the cookie is fully set.
- Take the end of a spatula and press into the middle of each cookie to create a cup for filling.
- Let sit in the muffin pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla extract together until combined.
- Gently fold pumpkin mixture into the whipped cream until just combined.
- Place mousse into the fridge until cookie cups are cool.
- Pipe pumpkin mousse into each cookie bite, top with a little whipped cream, and sprinkle with just a little pumpkin pie spice on top of the whipped cream, and enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.