For a sweet and salty snack that’s loaded with crunch, try making these delicious Chex mix bars with pretzels and M&Ms. This is an easy, no-bake snack recipe that is perfect to make for parties, potlucks, or an afternoon snack.
Chex Mix is delicious. Snack bars are delicious. I love them both, so I decided to put them together to make these delicious sweet and salty bars. I love making them to keep on hand for myself or guests and also love to have them around for the kids and when company comes over. Everyone loves these – kids and adults, alike – which makes them the perfect thing to make for just about any occasion. If you have kids, they’re a great after school snack. If your kids have flown the nest, then they make a great afternoon snack for you! They’re just delicious all the way around, and they’re always the right choice.
Chex Mix Bars
These Chex Mix bars combine the sweetness of marshmallows, peanut butter, and M&Ms with the salty goodness of pretzels. Then they’re all mixed in with a healthy helping of Corn Chex for a great crunch. What you get is a delicious snack mix that I then compress into a single sheet in a baking dish and cut into bars. They make a delicious, sweet and salty, on the go snack, afternoon treat, dessert, or even a fun addition to any party!
Why You’ll Love These Chex Mix Cereal Bars
- They’re absolutely delicious and full of sweet and salty flavors.
- They’re super easy to make and require no baking.
- And, the entire recipe is made of simple ingredients.
Chex Mix Bars Tips and Variations
Although these bars are super easy to make, I do have a couple of tips to help you make them the best that they can be. I also have some fun variations that you can use to mix things up. Mix. See what I did there?
- Don’t try to speed up your peanut butter marshmallow mixture by cooking it on higher heat. You’ll burn it.
- After pouring your Chex Mix into the baking dish, give it a little press to even it out and make sure it all sticks together well after it’s cut into squares.
- Try adding other tasty mix-ins like Reese’s Pieces, Mini Reese’s Cups, or other fun candy additions. You can even chop up your favorite candy bars!
- Add in different types of chocolate chips.
- Chex cereal comes in a variety of flavors from Corn to Chocolate. Try them all for different flavor variations.
- Try adding peanuts to this mix for even more goodness.
Chex Mix Bars FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about Chex Mix.
What are Chex Mix bars?
These no-bake bars take classic Chex Mix and add a binder (in this case peanut butter and marshmallows) to keep the ingredients together. When the mixture sets, it’s cut into bars.
Who invented Chex Mix?
The recipe was first published on boxes of Chex in 1953 by then owner, Ralston Purina.
What’s in Chex Mix bars?
These bars are full of Corn Chex, M&Ms, pretzel sticks, peanut butter, and mini marshmallows.
Do these bars need to be refrigerated?
No. They’ll be perfectly safe and delicious at room temperature.
Can you freeze these bars?
Yes, you can. They’ll keep well in the freezer for up to a month.
How to Store This Chex Mix Bars Recipe
Store these bars in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Chex Mix Bars Ingredients
It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make this easy recipe. You can find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Pretzels sticks
- Corn Chex Cereal
- Creamy peanut butter
- Mini marshmallows
How to Make Chex Mix Bars
Making these bars is just as easy as gathering up the ingredients for it. It only takes a few minutes to make.
Step 1: Prep
Butter a 9×13 glass baking dish.
Step 2: Combine the Dry Ingredients
Combine the pretzels, Corn Chex, and M&Ms in a large bowl.
Step 3: Make the Peanut Butter Marshmallow Mix
Melt butter and peanut butter in a large saucepan over low heat until smooth. Then, add marshmallows and continue to cook over low heat until they are melted and the entire mixture is smooth.
Step 5: Cool and Cut
Pour the mixture into the bowl with the cereal, pretzels, and M&Ms and stir until well combined. Then pour it all into the prepared pan. Press down a bit to keep the thickness uniform and allow the mixture to cool. Then, cut it into desired squares and serve.
Try These Delicious Chex Cereal Bars Today
Sweet and salty. Quick and easy. A huge crowd-pleaser. These all perfectly describe these Chex bars. Whether you whip up a batch for movie night, sleepovers, after-school snacks, potluck treats, birthdays, or just because, you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in a flash. A recipe this fun, quick, easy, and delicious is just begging to be made. Give it a try. I know that once you do, you’ll be making it whenever you have the excuse.
Here are More Delicious Recipes and Snacks to Try
Stuffed Strawberries – These delicious strawberries are filled with homemade whipped cream and topped with a drizzle of milk chocolate. These make for the perfect summer snack.
Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas – This sweet summer snack is easy to make and only requires three ingredients.
Honey Nut Cheerio Marshmallow Treats – This delicious snack recipe is a twist on the classic “Krispy treat”. Loaded with Honey Nut Cheerios, a gooey marshmallow coating and a drizzle of butterscotch on top make these bars the perfect sweet treat.
Also, try this Cashew Caramel Corn from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. This sweet popcorn is loaded with chopped cashews and coated in a delicious homemade caramel sauce.
Chex Mix Bars with Pretzels and M&Ms
- Butter a 9×13 glass baking dish
- In a large bowl, combine pretzels, corn Chex, and M&M’s together. Stir.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and peanut butter until smooth. Add marshmallows and cook until marshmallows are melted and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the cereal, pretzels and M&Ms. Stir until combined.
- Next, pour it all into the prepared baking dish and press down a bit to keep the thickness uniform and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once cool, cut into desired size bars and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.