Stuffed strawberries with homemade whipped cream, and chocolate drizzled over the top, are a classic summer treat that is so easy to make and only takes a few simple ingredients. The perfect mouthwatering combination for a refreshing and easy dessert recipe that everyone is going to enjoy!
Strawberries are one of my favorite berries. I remember picking them as a kid and eating them right then and there. They were always so sweet and juicy. Of course, I love them in desserts, too, and I have for years. I’ve been making sweet treats with strawberries pretty much since I started cooking. From strawberry cakes and pies to ice cream and everything, I’m always eager to pair strawberries with other sweet ingredients. That’s why I love these stuffed strawberries so much.
These stuffed strawberries are, well, stuffed full of homemade whipped cream and then topped with a fresh chocolate drizzle, creating a classic sweet treat that everyone loves. It all starts with fresh, juicy, delicious strawberries. Then, we top them with decadent homemade whipped cream. Finally, we drizzle it all with chocolate. What you get is an easy recipe that’s perfect for any occasion, from a fancy-feeling dinner dessert to a Valentine’s Day treat, or simply a sweet way to ring in summer finally coming!
Why You’ll Love These Stuffed Strawberries
I mean, they’re strawberries, so that says it all I think. But seriously, this recipe has a lot going for it!
- These are incredibly simple to make, taking minimal prep and hardly any work at all.
- Everyone always loves these. I have yet to find someone who doesn’t have at least one or three.
- They’re a light refreshing dessert that feels decadent and indulgent without leaving you feeling weighed down.
- They make a great addition to any appetizer menu or simply set out on a tray at parties.
This recipe is so basic, that I have almost no tips whatsoever. I only have one tip to share with you today, but it’s an important one, so be sure you read it over.
- When beating whipped cream until stiff peaks form, that means a very specific thing. Stiff peaks means that when you pull the mixer away, the peaks that form stay there. If you get picks that begin to fall – even a little bit – when you pull the mixer away, you’re not finished beating the whipped cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about these stuffed strawberries, then I have the answer. This FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
What are stiff peaks?
Stiff peaks stand straight up when you lift the beaters away from your whipped cream. This shouldn’t be confused with medium-stiff peaks which stand up but curl at the top.
How do you know when strawberries are ripe?
If the tip of the strawberry is completely red and the berry has a little give (not mushy, though) the strawberry is ripe.
How do you know if strawberries are too ripe?
Strawberries that are overripe will be more than soft, they’ll be mushy. They’ll also have a sort of wet, sickly hue to the red on their skin. While they aren’t dangerous at this point, they’re not very good.
Will picked strawberries continue to ripen?
No, they won’t. Unlike tomatoes, strawberries stop ripening immediately after picking them, so don’t buy underripe strawberries thinking that they’ll continue to ripen.
Why did my whipped cream break?
Whipped cream usually breaks from overwhipping. Some people think that the more you whip the better, but once the whipped cream forms stiff peaks, whipping it any more than that will allow the air to escape and everything will deflate.
How to Store Stuffed Strawberries
Store these strawberries in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can’t freeze this recipe.
Ingredients for Stuffed Strawberries
It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Fresh strawberries (large strawberries work the best)
- Milk chocolate melting wafers
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Stuffed Strawberries
Making these delicious strawberry treats is so easy, even beginners can do it. It only takes a few minutes!
Step 1: Prep the Strawberries
Rinse the strawberries and place them on paper towels to absorb any excess water. Then, remove the stems and cut the strawberries in half with a small paring knife. Place them on a serving plate.
Step 2: Make the Whipped Cream
Add heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla to a medium bowl and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
Step 3: Top the Strawberries
Fill a pastry bag with whipped cream and snip off the corner. Then, gently squeeze the whipped cream into the center of the strawberries.
Step 4: Melt the Chocolate
Microwave the chocolate wafers in a microwaveable bowl at 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval until the chocolate is melted.
Step 5: Drizzle the Strawberries
Fill a ziplock bag with the melted chocolate and then snip the corner off the bag. Gently drizzle the chocolate over the stuffed strawberries. Let the chocolate set and serve.
Try These Delicious Stuffed Strawberries Today
These stuffed strawberries are incredibly easy to make, and they’re absolutely delicious. That alone is enough to make them worth a try. These strawberries are filled with homemade whipped cream and topped with chocolate, and as fancy as they look, you’ll be in and out of the kitchen in no time. Give them a try, and I know you’ll love them as much as I do.
More Delicious Summer Desserts You’ll Enjoy
Peach Pretzel Salad – This delicious summer dessert recipe is made with fresh peaches, crunchy pretzels, a sweet cream cheese filling and a layer of jello with fresh ripe peaches added. So good!
Frozen Blueberry Dessert – This creamy and delicious dessert is made with a graham cracker crust that is topped with a sweet and creamy blueberry filling then topped with a fresh blueberry and cool with topping. Definitely a favorite summer dessert.
Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler – Two favorite combinations, strawberries and rhubarb, in one delicious dessert creates a mouthwatering, incredible cobbler recipe.
And, Strawberry Blueberry Parfaits from Great Grub, Delicious Treats that are super refreshing and easy to make and perfect for summer.
Stuffed Strawberries with Homemade Whipped Cream
- (2) 16 ounces fresh strawberries
- 10 ounce bag milk chocolate melting wafers
For the Homemade Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Strawberries
- Rinse strawberries and place on paper towels to absorb any excess water.
- Remove stems and cut each strawberry in half.
- Place strawberries on a serving plate or platter.
For the Homemade Whipped Cream
- Add heavy cream, sugar and vanilla to a medium bowl and beat on high speed, using an electric mixer, until stiff peaks form.
- Using a pastry bag fill with whipped cream. Gently squeeze whipped cream into the center of each strawberry.
- Melt chocolate wafers in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until melted.
- Fill a ziplock bag with the melted chocolate then snip the corner and drizzle chocolate over the stuffed strawberries. Let chocolate set then enjoy!
Here are a few pics that are the perfect size for pinning to Pinterest.