These irresistible caramel apple slices are an easy apple recipe made with Granny Smith apples, caramel, cinnamon and sugar, and puff pastries. A delicious combination of flavors that will have you savoring every bite.
As you may have already guests by my plethora of puff pastry recipes on my site, I adore pastries of all kinds. I used to pick them up at the grocery store or bakery any time I was there, but frankly, that started to get expensive. Then, I had a forehead palm moment and realized that, hey, I’m a darn good cook! Why the heck did I buy them when I could just make pastries myself. Ladies and gentlemen, I haven’t bought a pastry since. This time of year, my favorite pastries are those that focus on apples, pumpkins, or cranberries. They’re all in season, and they’re all so delicious.
Today, I’m sharing a delicious caramel apple pastry recipe that I just know you’re going to love, so let’s dive in!
Caramel Apple Slices
This delicious pastry starts with a simple apple slice that is coated in cinnamon, and sugar. I place a strip of caramel over the apple slice, and wrap puff pastry strips around the apple and caramel securing the caramel. Next, I top the pastries with egg wash and coarse sugar and bake until they’re golden brown and flaky. Finally, caramel sauce is drizzled over the top. The entire process takes less than an hour, and when I’m all done, I have a delicious pastry treat that’s perfect for the fall!
Why You’ll Love These Caramel Apple Slices
- Each apple slice is covered with cinnamon and sugar, has a strip of caramel, and then is wrapped in puff pastry strips, and baked to golden perfection.
- The flavor combination is simply irresistible with the tart and juicy apples, the sweet and sticky caramel, and the baked puff pastry.
- They are super easy to make and use simple ingredients. And, the kids love to help with this easy apple puff pastry recipe.
Caramel Apple Slices Ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this delicious recipe. You’ll most likely have most of them in your kitchen right now. Anything you don’t have can be found quickly and easily at your local grocery store.
- Puff pastry sheets
- Granny Smith apples
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Large egg
- Coarse sugar
- Optional: caramel candy squares, caramel sauce
How to Make Caramel Apple Slices
Making these pastries is a very simple affair. You don’t even have to cook the apples. The entire recipe is just a matter of a little mixing, folding, and baking. That’s all there is to it!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, cut the pastry sheets into ½-inch thick strips.
Step 2: Coat the Apple Slices
Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the apple wedges.
Step 3: Make the Pastries
Place a strip of caramel over an apple wedge, then wrap puff pastry strips around it.
Brush the tops of the wrapped apple wedges with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Then, bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with caramel sauce and enjoy!
- The easiest way to wrap the apples is to place them on top of the pastry strips and then wrap them.
- Press and form each square candy caramel into a long strip before placing on the apple slices.
- Be sure you whisk the water and egg thoroughly for an even coating on the pastries.
- It’s important to line your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Use crisp apples for this recipe, such as honeycrisp apples and Granny Smith apples.
- Try adding a little mace or allspice to the apples, as well.
- Some chopped walnuts or pecans are wonderful in this recipe.
What to Serve with Caramel Apple Slices
I love to serve these with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee or tea. I also like to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to a bowl and then place a few of these around it and drizzle caramel sauce over the ice cream as well.
Caramel apple slices are an easy puff pastry recipe using apples that are coated in cinnamon and sugar, then topped with a strip of caramel and wrapped in puff pastry, then baked to golden brown.
I prefer Granny Smith because their tartness is perfect with the sweetness of the caramel. However, any baking apple that will hold its shape will work well in this recipe
If you don’t wrap your strips closely enough together, the caramel will ooze out as it melts.
To keep apple slices from turning brown, toss them with some lemon juice in a bowl.
How to Store Leftover Caramel Apple Slices
Refrigerate these caramel apple slices in an airtight container for up to 3 days. For longer storage, freeze them in single layers separated by parchment paper in an airtight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Try These Easy Caramel Apple Slices Today
These caramel apple slices are an easy, delicious puff pastry recipe that’s absolutely full of fall flavor. With cinnamon sugar apples and cinnamon wrapped up in a golden, flaky puff pastry coating, you’ll have one delicious fall treat on your hands. Your family and friends will love it, and you’ll love how easy it is to make! Give this one a try, and I know you’ll fall in love with it after just one bite!
More Delicious Apple Recipes You’ll Enjoy
This Apple Cream Cheese Puff Pastry is a delicious and easy puff pastry recipe filled with a sweet cream and apple filling everyone is sure to enjoy.
Caramel Apple Slices
- Preheat the oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut puff pastry sheets into ½ inch thick strips.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over apple wedges.
- Add caramel strip on the top of the apple wedges
- Wrap puff pastry strips around each apple wedge securing the caramel on the apple.
- Place wrapped apple wedges on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water together.
- Brush the tops of the puff pastry wrapped apples with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and enjoy.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.