These delicious chocolate pudding parfaits combines two irresistible desserts into one tasty, easy-to-make parfait recipe. A light and fluffy chocolate pudding and chocolate peanut butter bite-size brownie pieces layered on top of each other, topped with whipped cream, coarsely chopped mini peanut butter cups, mini chocolate chips, and a maraschino cherry.
Parfaits are a classic dessert that everyone loves, which is why I make them regularly. Over the years, I’ve made them quite often for family desserts or as fun additions to backyard parties and get-togethers. You can really never go wrong with them, no matter the occasion. They’re just so good that everyone always comes back for more – if there’s any left!
Chocolate Pudding Parfait
These parfaits are one of my favorite recipes to make. The combination of chocolate pudding and the peanut butter and chocolate flavor of peanut butter brownies is a classic flavor profile that’s made even better with the creaminess of the pudding and the whipped cream. They start with Betty Crocker Reese’s Brownie mix that’s baked and then cut into bite-sized pieces. Then, I layer them with super-rich chocolate pudding and top the whole thing off with whipped cream, mini chocolate chips, and maraschino cherries. What I end up with is a decadent, chocolate and peanut butter dessert that no one can stop eating.
Why You’ll Love This Chocolate Pudding Parfait Recipe
- These parfaits are delicious and decadent with the combination of light and fluffy chocolate pudding, chewy chocolate peanut butter brownies, and whipped cream makes an irresistible dessert everyone will love.
- They are versatile and can be customized with all sorts of added deliciousness like, different types of brownies, different flavors of pudding, and different toppings.
- They’re easy to make and use simple ingredients that are easily found at the local grocery store.
- They are the perfect dessert for any occasion, such as birthday parties, potlucks, holiday get-togethers, or a casual weeknight dessert.
Chocolate Pudding Parfait Ingredients
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make these delicious parfaits, and you’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Betty Crocker® Reese’s Brownie Mix contains all the dry ingredients you’ll need to make the deliciously moist and chewy brownies, along with vegetable oil, water and an egg.
- Sweetened condensed milk adds sweetness and richness to the pudding.
- Ice cold water helps create a smooth and creamy pudding.
- Jello® instant chocolate pudding mix contains all the dry ingredients to make the rich creamy pudding.
- Heavy whipping cream is high in fat which gives the chocolate pudding its light and fluffy texture.
- Optional toppings like whipped cream topping, mini chocolate chips, chopped mini peanut butter cups, maraschino cherries make the parfaits more visually appealing and flavorful, and adds delicious texture to the parfaits.
How to Make Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
Making these parfaits is just as easy as shopping for the limited ingredients that you’ll need to make them. It only takes a few minutes and a few simple steps!
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line a 9×13 baking dish with foil, leaving a little hanging over the edge to lift out the brownies.
Step 2: Bake the Brownies
Make the brownie batter according to the package directions. Then, add the batter to the baking dish and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs.
Step 3: Cool and Cut
Remove the brownies with the foil and let them cool on the counter. Cut into bite-sized pieces when cooled.
Step 4: Make the Pudding
Beat the condensed milk and ice water in a medium bowl on medium speed until combined. Then, add the instant pudding mix and beat until smoother – about 2 minutes. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours until firm.
Step 5: Whip the Cream
When the pudding is set, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
Step 6: Combine
Spoon the pudding mixture into the whipped cream a little at a time and gently stir until blended.
Step 7: Make the Parfaits
Spoon a little chocolate pudding into each parfait glass followed by some brownie pieces. Repeat the layers, ending with pudding, until close to the top of the glasses. Then, top each parfait with whipped cream, coarsely crushed mini peanut butter cups, mini chocolate chips, and a maraschino cherry and serve.
- Be sure you use ice water, not just cold water, to make the pudding. It will set faster and have a richer texture.
- Carefully fold the pudding into the whipped cream with a spatula until combined to retain the fluffy texture.
- Be sure to cut the brownies into easily consumable, bite-size pieces for the parfait.
- Use any kind of brownie mix for this recipe.
- Can make homemade whipped cream in place of the whipped topping.
- You could make this with chocolate cake in place of brownies, as well.
What to Serve with Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
These parfaits are wonderful when served on their own as a dessert or a sweet treat. You can also pair them with other sweet treats like cookies, brownies, cupcakes, and the like as part of a larger dessert spread.
What is a parfait?
The parfait as we know it in North America is a layered dessert usually made with cake or brownies along with pudding and whipped cream. Classic French parfaits are a blended frozen dessert.
How long will chocolate pudding parfaits last in the fridge?
These parfaits will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze chocolate pudding parfaits with brownies?
No. The texture and flavor of pudding changes after being frozen and defrosted, and the parfaits won’t taste right.
How to Store Leftover Pudding Parfaits with Brownies
Store the parfaits without the garnish covered in plastic wrap for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, top with the whipped cream and other toppings.
Try These Delicious Chocolate Pudding and Brownie Parfaits Today
These chocolate pudding parfaits with peanut butter brownies are rich, delicious, and so easy to make! The chocolate pudding and Reese’s brownies combine to create a tasty chocolate and peanut butter treat that’s so sweet and delicious. Give this parfait recipe a try, and I know you’ll make it a permanent part of your recipe rotation.
More Delicious Parfait Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Banana Parfait Recipe – An easy, no-bake banana dessert recipe made with creamy banana pudding, fresh bananas and strawberries, homemade whipped cream with a graham cracker base.
Lemon Pudding Parfaits – Rich and creamy, light and refreshing lemon pudding parfaits with lemon wafers, whipped cream and lemon slices are the perfect sweet treat everyone will enjoy.
Magnolia Banana Pudding Parfait from Great Grub, Delicious Treats – A copycat banana pudding recipe made into parfaits that are rich and creamy and tastes just like the original Magnolia banana pudding.
Strawberry Blueberry Parfaits from Great Grub, Delicious Treats – A refreshing, quick and easy dessert made with fresh strawberries and blueberries layered with homemade whipped cream, topped with crunchy granola for a sweet treat.
Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
Peanut Butter Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 325° and line a 9×13 baking dish with aluminum foil and leave a little foil hanging over the edge. This makes it easy to just lift the brownies out of the baking dish.
Peanut Butter Brownies
- In a large bowl, make the brownie batter according to the package directions and spread in an even layer in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven, lift out of the baking dish and place on the counter to cool.
- Once cool, cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium bowl beat condensed milk and ice water on medium speed until combined.
- Add the instant pudding mix and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until firm, at least 2 – 4 hours.
- Once the pudding has firmed up, in a medium bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the pudding mixture into the heavy cream, a little at a time, and gently stir until blended.
- Next, spoon a little chocolate pudding into the parfait glasses, and then add some brownies. Repeat the layers ending with pudding.
- When ready to serve, top each parfait with whipped cream, coarsely crushed mini peanut butter cups, mini chocolate chips and a maraschino cherry, if desired.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.