This delicious banana parfait recipe is an easy, no-bake, banana dessert recipe that is made with creamy banana pudding, fresh bananas and strawberries, and homemade whipped cream, all atop a graham cracker base.
There are all kinds of desserts out there that people love. Pies, cakes, cupcakes, tarts, cookies – the list goes on. Perhaps one of the most fun desserts to make and eat is parfaits. Their layered look is so pretty, and they’re so rich and sweet. They’re also incredibly easy to make. When I need a quick dessert, a sweet treat for parties, or just something tasty to serve guests, I opt for parfaits. Lately, I’ve been making this particular parfait whenever I need a quick, tasty dessert that everyone will love. I love to serve it to my kids and grandkids when they come over to visit. It’s a great little treat to share while we talk and catch up.
Banana Parfait Recipe
This parfait is so easy and so delicious. A no-bake graham cracker crust is covered with layers of banana pudding mixture, sliced bananas and strawberries, more banana pudding, whipped cream, and a sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs, and banana and strawberry slices. It’s a rich, creamy, fruity parfait that is absolutely delicious and so pretty. All those colors, flavors, and textures combine to create a decadent dessert that always has everyone coming back for more.
Why You’ll Love This Banana Parfait Recipe
- It’s so creamy and full of banana flavor, fresh fruit, and the richness of homemade whipped cream.
- It’s incredibly easy to make, and it only takes a few simple ingredients.
- It is no-bake and ready in minutes.
- And, it’s a great dessert or afternoon snack that everyone loves.
Banana Parfait Recipe Tips and Variations
This delicious dessert is super easy to make, but I do have a couple of tips to help you make it the best that it can be. I also have some fantastic variations that I think you’ll love.
- Stop beating the whipped cream as soon as stiff peaks form. Any longer and the whipped cream will deflate.
- Place your diced strawberries on a plate with a paper towel to absorb any excess moisture.
- Only slice the bananas when you’re ready to construct the parfait so they don’t brown.
- Use any of your favorite fruits in this recipe.
- You can change things up by using your favorite pudding.
- Crush vanilla wafers in place of graham crackers for a different flavor.
Banana Parfait Recipe FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about this dessert.
What is a parfait?
A parfait is actually two different desserts. In France, a parfait is a dish made by boiling cream, egg, sugar, and syrup to create a custard-like dish. In North America, a parfait is a layered dessert typically made with fruit, pudding, and whipped cream.
What makes a parfait a parfait?
In the North American version of parfaits, the layers are the signature part of the dessert.
Is a parfait served frozen?
French parfaits are made to be served frozen. North American parfaits are not.
How do you keep bananas from turning brown in pudding?
Bananas generally don’t turn brown in pudding or parfaits if they’re topped with pudding or whipped cream. If your bananas are topping the pudding brush a small amount of lemon juice on them.
How long will a parfait last in the fridge?
Parfaits will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Can you make this banana parfait recipe in advance?
Yes, you can. The parfait layers will keep the bananas from turning brown, and a little lemon juice will keep the bananas on top from turning brown.
How to Store This Banana Parfait Recipe
Tightly cover the parfait containers and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Banana Parfait Recipe Ingredients
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Butter, melted
- Cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 bananas mashed
- Powdered sugar
- Instant banana pudding and pie filling
- Evaporated milk
- Fresh strawberries, diced
- Bananas, sliced
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
How to Make This Banana Parfait Recipe
Making this recipe is a snap. It only takes a few minutes and a few steps!
Step 1: Make the Graham Cracker Mixture
Add the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter together in a medium bowl and stir until combined.
Step 2: Make the Pudding Mixture
Beat the cream cheese for 2 to 3 minutes in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Next, gradually beat in the powdered sugar and mashed bananas. Next, beat the banana pudding mix and evaporated milk together in a small bowl until combined. Add the pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat until combined.
Step 3: Make the Whipped Cream
Beat the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
Step 4: Make the Parfaits
Add the graham cracker mixture to the bottom of each glass. Then add a layer of banana pudding, a layer of sliced bananas and strawberries, more banana pudding, and then whipped cream. Top with sliced bananas and strawberries and sprinkle with crushed graham crackers. Enjoy!
Try This Delicious Banana Parfait Recipe Today
This banana parfait recipe is loaded with rich banana pudding, fluffy whipped cream, and sliced bananas and strawberries, and it’s all layered over a base of a sweet graham cracker mixture. It’s a decadent dessert that comes together quickly, requires no baking, and is always a welcome addition to any lunch, dinner, party, or get-together of any kind. Give this one a try, and I know you’ll find yourself making it again and again!
More Delicious No Bake Dessert Recipes You’ll Enjoy
No-Bake Banana Pudding – A delicious pudding dessert made with vanilla pudding, fresh bananas, and vanilla wafers.
Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes – A graham cracker crust, layer of chocolate, creamy cheese, and a fresh strawberry topping. These mini cheesecakes are great for all occasions.
Honey Nut Cheerio Marshmallow Treats – A super simple dessert recipe that is easily made with five ingredients.
Also, try this Oreo Pie from Great Grub, Delicious Treats. An easy no-bake recipe that is made with an Oreo crust, a creamy vanilla pudding filling, and topped with crushed Oreos.
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 3.4 ounce instant banana pudding and pie filling
- 5 ounce evaporated milk
- 8-10 fresh strawberries, diced
- 3 -4 bananas, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅛ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, add graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together. Stir until combined.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually beat powdered sugar and mashed bananas into cream cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat pudding mix and evaporated milk together until combined. Pudding mixture will be extremely thick.
- Next, add pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Assemble Parfaits
- Add graham cracker mixture, followed by banana pudding, sliced bananas and strawberries, banana pudding, whipped cream, sprinkle with any extra crumbs and top with banana and strawberries.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.