These easy and delicious pepperoni ravioli are a quick appetizer recipe made with Pillsbury pizza crust, mini pepperoni slices, pizza sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese, then baked and topped with delicious garlic butter.
I love ravioli, and I love pizza. So I thought it would be an amazing idea to put those two together. Guess what? I was right! This recipe is a fun new twist on both classic pizza and ravioli. I call them pepperoni ravioli, but they’re really pizza pockets with a dressed-up look. I’ve been making homemade pizza for years, and I’ve used all kinds of toppings to mix things up. Then, I moved on to making calzones and pizza pockets to make things even more interesting. That calzone idea is why I decided to make pizza ravioli, and after serving it several times, I can tell you that this recipe is always a big hit with everyone. They make delicious appetizers, fun dinners, and they’re perfect for any kind of party!
This delicious recipe combines all the flavor and texture of pizza with the fun shape of ravioli. Each ravioli is a pocket of pizza dough surrounding sauce, shredded mozzarella, and mini pepperoni. Then, the dough is brushed with garlic butter, and it’s all baked to golden brown perfection to create pizza pocket ravioli that’s crispy and golden on the outside and so melty on the inside. Everyone loves them, and they’re perfect for any get-together or just because you have a craving!
Why You’ll Love this Pepperoni Ravioli Recipe
- It only uses a few simple ingredients.
- It’s a quick and easy snack or appetizer that everyone enjoys.
- They have all the flavors we love in our pepperoni pizza.
Pepperoni Ravioli Tips and Variations
This is an easy recipe that only has a couple of tips. That’s how easy it is. I also have some fun variations that you can try, too.
- Don’t overfill your ravioli. We all love that gooey filling, but too much will make it ooze out.
- Roll out your pizza dough as thinly as possible to get a crispy, delicious pocket.
- If you add sausage, fully cook it first. This ensures it’s cooked when the ravioli is ready to be removed and the filling isn’t greasy.
- If you don’t have pizza sauce, you can use marinara sauce instead.
- Use any of your favorite pizza toppings like peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives, Italian sausage, red pepper flakes, and the like.
- When using other toppings, be sure they’re chopped small enough to fit easily inside the ravioli.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning on the ravioli after adding the garlic butter for an herbed crust.
What to Serve with Pepperoni Ravioli
These delicious pizza pockets are a great appetizer, but you can also make a full meal out of them or make them part of a larger Italian spread. Serve them with sides and dips like:
- Side salad
- Marinara for dipping
- Ranch for dipping
- Steamed vegetables
- Fettuccini alfredo
- Italian meatballs
Pepperoni Ravioli FAQ
If you have questions about this recipe, then read on. The following FAQ answers the most commonly asked questions about pepperoni ravioli.
What is pepperoni ravioli?
This pepperoni ravioli recipe is basically a pizza pocket that’s been modified to look like a ravioli.
What’s in pizza ravioli?
This recipe is made with pizza dough that’s formed into squares and then stuffed with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and mini pepperoni.
Is pizza sauce the same as pasta sauce?
Yes, and no. They both use primarily the same ingredients. However, pasta sauce is simmered, usually for a long period of time, while pizza sauce is uncooked, with the ingredients combining over a period of hours.
Is pizza sauce the same as marinara sauce?
Again, this is a yes and no situation. Both pizza sauce and marinara sauce are uncooked and usually on the sweeter side. However, pizza sauce is thicker because the tomatoes are pureed whereas marinara sauce uses lightly blended tomatoes.
Can pizza crust ravioli be made in advance?
I don’t recommend it. While nothing will go bad if you construct them ahead of time, the sauce will slowly seep into the dough, causing the bottom of the crust to be soft rather than crispy.
How long will pepperoni ravioli last in the fridge?
You can store these ravioli in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How to Store and Reheat Pizza Ravioli
Store your leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze them in an airtight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag for up to 3 months.
To reheat them, place them on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
Pepperoni Ravioli Ingredients
This recipe uses simple ingredients that you can find easily at any grocery store.
- Pillsbury pizza crust
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Mini pepperonis
- Butter, melted
- Garlic salt
How to Make Pepperoni Raviolis
Making this recipe is super simple, as well. It’s one of those recipes that comes together quickly and requires almost no cooking experience.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Dough
Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface until thin. Then, cut the dough into four equal strips.
Step 3: Fill
Place a tablespoon of sauce in 4 spots on the dough, keeping an inch between each tablespoon. Then, place a scoop of mini pepperoni on top of the sauce and top with a small handful of mozzarella cheese.
Step 4: Make the Ravioli
Place another strip of dough over the dough with the four fillings. Then, press down between each filling area and cut, making four squares. Pinch the sides closed to seal.
Step 5: Bake
Mix melted butter and garlic salt in a small bowl and brush the tops of the ravioli with it. Place the ravioli on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Try These Cheesy Pepperoni Raviolis Today
This delicious pepperoni ravioli has everything we love about pizza contained in golden brown hand-held bites. Perfectly crispy pizza crust with a kick of garlic surrounds pizza sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese. It’s the perfect recipe for appetizers, potlucks, parties, movie nights, or even a fun pizza-themed dinner. It’s also a super easy recipe to make. With a combination like that, you need this in your life. Trust me, the whole family is going to love them!
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Jalapeño Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls – A tasty appetizer filled with a cream cheese mixture, diced jalapenos, seasonings, and baked until golden brown. Delicious!
Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks – A delicious copycat recipe made with a simple dough slathered with butter, Parmesan, garlic and a little basil. YUM!
Soft Pretzel Bites – These homemade pretzel bites are made from scratch and are a delicious and favorite bite-size treat.
- Preheat the oven 350° and lightly spray a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface until thin.
- Cut dough into four equal strips lengthwise.
- Place a tablespoon of sauce in 4 spots onto dough, keeping an inch in between each tablespoon.
- Place a scoop of mini pepperonis on top of the pizza sauce and top with a small handful of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover topped dough with another strip of dough, press down and cut around the fillings making a square. Pinch sides of dough tight to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and fillings.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and garlic salt.
- Brush tops of pizza raviolis with melted butter mixture. Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
Here are a few pics that are perfect to save to your favorite Pinterest boards on Pinterest. Also, you can follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Remember to “like” or “follow” us on all social media.